Only way Ronda loses to Cyborg is if she want to prove a point...

McMann is a wrestler, hardly proof. Most of Cyborg's opponents cover up for dear life after getting hit clean. Bethe bit down on her mouth piece and decided to trade. If she did that with Cris she would have gone to sleep.

Didn't McMann break Tate's orbital bone with a punch? She's no striker, but she has heavy hands for a bantamweight. But yeah, Cyborg's chin is way more tested.

Objectively speaking, Cyborg has not faced a grappler as good as Ronda, and Ronda has not faced a striker as good as Cyborg. At this point, the fight is a toss up.

Cyborg's chin has been tested, as we saw in the Baars fight. The same cannot be said for Ronda. We have no idea how she will react if Cyborg lands clean. Imo, if Cyborg hurts Ronda, she can finish her. However, if the fight goes to the ground, Cris losses an arm, imo.

You would have to be blinded by fandom/hatred to claim Cyborg does not hit hard. If Bethe fought Cyborg so recklessly, she would have been relived of consciousness in a similar fashion. Her hands are ridiculously slow, and her defense is non existent.

Very unbiased and clear headed view on this fight.

I like Coenen, and I think she is Cyborg's best win (x2).

She's easily Cyborg's best win based on resume. Any thoughts that Gina is better are pure speculation as Gina has no resume. Gina's resume is actually very comparable to Betch's.

The ironic thing is that those bashing Rousey's standup to prop up Cyborg are actually just proving her weakness.

Some people seem to think Cyborg is a female Crocop but really just like Rousey she's a decent brawler with power exploiting a massive weakness in terms of standup ability in her division.

The difference of course is that Rousey is also winning via grappling vs opponents who are at least passable grapplers rather than poor strikers.

I suspect that if this fight goes happen Rousey might well take down and sub Cyborg fairly easily.

You are a funny mofo. You say things like you know them. Well no matter what you don't know the facts. Unless we did a side by side comparison for power,strength and they actually fought all your facts are not facts they are opinion.

Ronda has 3 one-hitter quitters. Cris has zero.

Ronda has 9 submissions. Cris has one - a loss via submission to 0-0 Erica Paes.

Ronda got hit flush by Budd, Kaufman, McMann(who broke Tate's orbital), Meisha. Didn't flinch an inch. Cris gets touched by a glancing back heel from JoJo Baars, decides she wants to go ice skating instead. If Cris decides to stand in the pocket against Ronda, its nighty-night-night for the Robot.

I dont know why people have the impression she will just take Cyborg down so easily and then sub her right away?? She's far from being a amateur on the ground.

Neither are Tate, Zingano, D'Alelio, or Gomes...

Ronda has 3 one-hitter quitters. Cris has zero.

Ronda has 9 submissions. Cris has one - a loss via submission to 0-0 Erica Paes.

Ronda got hit flush by Budd, Kaufman, McMann(who broke Tate's orbital), Meisha. Didn't flinch an inch. Cris gets touched by a glancing back heel from JoJo Baars, decides she wants to go ice skating instead. If Cris decides to stand in the pocket against Ronda, its nighty-night-night for the Robot.

when Cyborg connect the first punch (clean or not), Ronda is just fighting to defend the blows sequence as all other opponents of Cris, the woman really hits like a man. If anyone thinks that Ronda can take Cris to the ground without suffering serious injury before, it is delusional.

One more thing Cris is better at than Ronda. Being untrustworthy. I will skip over the obvious drug test failure.

1. Early 2013 says she will try to make 135lb. No bueno. 2014 - says she will try to make 135 by Dec 2014.
Call in best friend "serious" ankle injury. Get cured magically. Fight two months later at 145lbs.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/11/...ed-off-invicta-10-due-to-serious-ankle-injury

2. Call in press conference. Weigh 162lbs. Later, assure everybody that you will try your best to make 135lbs. Let more than 2 years pass. Post photo. Weigh 175lbs. Claim impossible to "cut' down to 135lb.

3. Sign contract for 145lbs. Weigh in at 152lbs. Try to fool everybody into thinking you made weight. More info : http://www.mmaweekly.com/details-of-the-cyborg-vs-akano-controversy-2

Once a cheater - she made a mistake. Twice a cheater - uhm. Always a cheater - you damn fools.

Edit: Also, according to Cris, her bikini weighs 6 pounds(see link in point 3 for info). That would explain why in spite of all her efforts she keeps gaining weight. Having to carry such heavy load all the time.

Ronda probably hits harder than Cyborg. This right hand against Davis pretty much put her out on her feet and the only reason she didn't fall is because Ronda grabbed her, threw her, and ground and pounded her some before the ref could step in.

ronda-rousey-ko-davis.gif

The same right hand face planted Bethe.

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F08%2F02%2Fronda%2Bko%2B2.gif

She kneed McMann in the liver until she fell over.

Ronda_Rousey_vs._Sara_McMann_1.gif

So yea, Cyborg is pretty much fucked because to go with her KO power knees and right hand, she also is the best grappler and BJJ practitioner in women's MMA.

You make a very good point about Ronda's right hand, and it does look like Davis went out even before Ronda knocked her out for a second time on the ground. Davis was fucked up, she was holding on to the Ref for like 30 seconds after he called the fight.

Ronda will have be more methodical with Cyborg, but Cyborg is not knocking Ronda out because Cyborg has not knocked out anyone with hand strikes. Cyborg only has one KO on record, and it was via Knee.

when Cyborg connect the first punch (clean or not), Ronda is just fighting to defend the blows sequence as all other opponents of Cris, the woman really hits like a man. If anyone thinks that Ronda can take Cris to the ground without suffering serious injury before, it is delusional.

did you miss her kickboxing fight she lost last year?? you make it sound very bias man shes a tough girl for sure, but not the killer you think she is

did you miss her kickboxing fight she lost last year?? you make it sound very bias man shes a tough girl for sure, but not the killer you think she is
I thought she did better than expected against Baars. If Ronda had been in the ring with Baars it would have been over much quicker I think, and not in Ronda's favour.

One more thing Cris is better at than Ronda. Being untrustworthy. I will skip over the obvious drug test failure.

1. Early 2013 says she will try to make 135lb. No bueno. 2014 - says she will try to make 135 by Dec 2014.
Call in best friend "serious" ankle injury. Get cured magically. Fight two months later at 145lbs.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/11/...ed-off-invicta-10-due-to-serious-ankle-injury

2. Call in press conference. Weigh 162lbs. Later, assure everybody that you will try your best to make 135lbs. Let more than 2 years pass. Post photo. Weigh 175lbs. Claim impossible to "cut' down to 135lb.

3. Sign contract for 145lbs. Weigh in at 152lbs. Try to fool everybody into thinking you made weight. More info : http://www.mmaweekly.com/details-of-the-cyborg-vs-akano-controversy-2

Once a cheater - she made a mistake. Twice a cheater - uhm. Always a cheater - you damn fools.

Edit: Also, according to Cris, her bikini weighs 6 pounds(see link in point 3 for info). That would explain why in spite of all her efforts she keeps gaining weight. Having to carry such heavy load all the time.

Not only did she miss the weight by 7 lbs and weigh in at 152 for a 145 lb fight, the woman she fought was a former 128 lb champion and didn't even make 145 and instead weighed in at 143.5.

After rehydrating, Cyborg currently fights 15 lbs over what she weighs in at (she weighed 160 lbs on fight night against Tweet) so if she weighed in at 152, she fought that 143 lb woman at a weight of 167 lbs.

And this is what people want to defend? In my opinion, Cyborg doesn't deserve to fight a clean champion like Ronda much less have any exceptions made for her.

I thought she did better than expected against Baars. If Ronda had been in the ring with Baars it would have been over much quicker I think, and not in Ronda's favour.

She did worse than I expected. For someone who calls themselves a Muay Thai fighter she looked completely lost.

Ronda doesn't call herself a Muay Thai fighter, doesn't pretend to be one and has never competed in that sport. A proper example would be if Ronda competed in a National judo tournament. I think Ronda would look a lot better than Cyborg did in her main discipline.

Or we can see how Cyborg would do in a judo tournament. Want to guess how that would go?

She did worse than I expected. For someone who calls themselves a Muay Thai fighter she looked completely lost.

Ronda doesn't call herself a Muay Thai fighter, doesn't pretend to be one and has never competed in that sport. A proper example would be if Ronda competed in a National judo tournament. I think Ronda would look a lot better than Cyborg did in her main discipline.

Or we can see how Cyborg would do in a judo tournament. Want to guess how that would go?
No, a proper example would be if Ronda were to compete at the Olympics again with little prep, where I guarantee you she would be tooled by whoever is currently the top women in her weight class. Jorina Baars is the undefeated (37 wins, 3 draws) world champion, not a national level fighter.

No, a proper example would be if Ronda were to compete at the Olympics again with little prep, where I guarantee you she would be tooled by whoever is currently the top women in her weight class. Jorina Baars is the undefeated (37 wins, 3 draws) world champion, not a national level fighter.

Why would she have little prep in your scenario? are you saying cyborg didnt prepare?

Also she did worse in my opinion too. She had no take downs to worry about and most people assume if her hands touch another girl they go to sleep. IT is what it is, opinionated, but not the killer in my eyes many see. People make it seem like if anyone stands with her its game over, if ronda goes for a TD its game over cause she will have to get close to cyborg. Pointing out thats not necessarily the case

Back