Only way Ronda loses to Cyborg is if she want to prove a point...

You put too much stock in rondas can crushing. Don't act like ronda is fighing stellar comp.

The only 'can' Ronda has fought in the UFC is Bethe. Other than that they are all better than every one of Cyborg's opponents except Coenen (maybe Gina is better than Carmouche... maaaybe).

Tate is a better fighter than anyone Cyborg has ever beaten. There may is truth to neither fighting stellar competition, but Cyborg's opponents have been much worse all told. Ronda's last five MMA opponents would beat Cyborg's last five MMA opponents.

Also, Ronda would not do nearly as well against Baars in a kick-boxing match as Cyborg did. I think she also loses abdly to Cyborg in a kick-boxing match. However, in MMA she would subs both fairly quickly.

Says you that Ronda's last five MMA opponents would beat Cyborg's last five MMA opponents. That doesn't mean its true because no one knows. Don't forget all cyborgs opponents were bigger.

Says you that Ronda's last five MMA opponents would beat Cyborg's last five MMA opponents. That doesn't mean its true because no one knows. Don't forget all cyborgs opponents were bigger.

Well, Peggy Morgan was top 10 at FW at one point and she was easily beaten down by Jessamyn Duke who is one of the worst UFC BWs. Julia Budd is the consensus number 3 FW and got KTFO in seconds by Nunes who is barely top 10 at BW. So there is that.

Cyborg has no quality wins on her resume. She beat Carano who has beaten nobody and she beat Coenen who made a career out of beating up Asian women nobody has heard of. Also Coenen tapped out to Tate by way of choke. Sorry but Cyborg is all fluff and no substance. She would lose to Tate, McMann and Cat if she ever dropped down to 135 and she knows it.

The only 'can' Ronda has fought in the UFC is Bethe. Other than that they are all better than every one of Cyborg's opponents except Coenen (maybe Gina is better than Carmouche... maaaybe).

Yea the ufc hype train led you to believe all her opponents were top notch but they weren't. The truth is cyborg and ronda are on different levels then all other women. Ronda is the royce gracie of womens mma. Its the infancy of wmma. She is winning because she grew up competing at a high level and knows more then other women. Some will catch up to her and surpass her mark my words. It happens every time, not sometimes every time.

If she goes in the octagon with the idea of "proving a point" (like Jones did with Chael or Texeira) and doesn't change gameplan during the match she will ge KTFO.

That's the only way she loses.
If she just commits in one single clinch she's going submit Cyborg on the first attemp.
Cristiane was getting mounted by carano (at 145!) for fuck's sake.

As absurd as it may look Miesha has the best chanche. Still less than 10%, but better than zero.

Regards,

there are too many things wrong with this post to address each of them so let me just say.... "total noob post".

Well, Peggy Morgan was top 10 at FW at one point and she was easily beaten down by Jessamyn Duke who is one of the worst UFC BWs. Julia Budd is the consensus number 3 FW and got KTFO in seconds by Nunes who is barely top 10 at BW. So there is that.

MMA math doesn't work. Its been proven.

Yea the ufc hype train led you to believe all her opponents were top notch but they weren't. The truth is cyborg and ronda are on different levels then all other women. Ronda is the royce gracie of womens mma. Its the infancy of wmma. She is winning because she grew up competing at a high level and knows more then other women. Some will catch up to her and surpass her mark my words. It happens every time, not sometimes every time.

Regarding the second bolded point, well GSP lost to Serra, but he never got clearly 'surpassed' by anyone during his career.

As for the first, let's see Cyborg fight NeoTate or McMann before we make that claim.

I have never seen Cyborg fight except two matches in SF in which she mauled both fighters in the first round standing and GnP. How is her ground game? I know her primary skill is kickboxing but is she a dolt on the ground or is she good enough to hold her own against a Meisha Tate?

Cyborg has no quality wins on her resume. She beat Carano who has beaten nobody and she beat Coenen who made a career out of beating up Asian women nobody has heard of. Also Coenen tapped out to Tate by way of choke. Sorry but Cyborg is all fluff and no substance. She would lose to Tate, McMann and Cat if she ever dropped down to 135 and she knows it.

Its not cyborgs fault no women on earth can hang with her including ronda. Yea "and she knows it". What a moronic statement. I'm sure cyborg believes everyone would beat her at 135. The non blind followers know rondas only shot is to take cyborg to the ground. Standing she will not do.

Tate beat Coenen, who is Cyborg's best win. Tate and Carmouche also both beat Finney. Davis, McMann, Kaufmann and Correia all beat Baszler.

I can show you plenty of Rousey's opponents beating Cyborg's opponents. Can you show me where one of Cyborg's opponents beat one of Rousey's?

Is it MMAth to say the division is shallow as F and the equivalent of SHW for men?

The 135 womens div is nothing stellar. Saying ronda has fought great opponents is ridiculous. The ufc hype train has led people to believe all rondas opponents are great. They are not and never were. Some will catch up no doubt.

Its not cyborgs fault no women on earth can hang with her including ronda. Yea "and she knows it". What a moronic statement. I'm sure cyborg believes everyone would beat her at 135. The non blind followers know rondas only shot is to take cyborg to the ground. Standing she will not do.

Cyborg should have dropped down to 135 years ago and maybe she would have a punchers chance. It's too late now. Ronda KO's her just to prove a point.

I have never seen Cyborg fight except two matches in SF in which she mauled both fighters in the first round standing and GnP. How is her ground game? I know her primary skill is kickboxing but is she a dolt on the ground or is she good enough to hold her own against a Meisha Tate?

Cyborg's skill is brawling not kickboxing. Having said that, the only area Cyborg will have an advantage over Ronda would be leg kicks.

Ronda has more power.
Ronda is a better boxer.
Ronda is a better brawler.
Ronda is has better takedowns.
Ronda has better submissions.

This is a mismatch of epic proportions. Everyone is going to see it when they fight finally.

Ronda wants to embarrass Cris. That is why she is pushing for 135.

The 135 womens div is nothing stellar. Saying ronda has fought great opponents is ridiculous. The ufc hype train has led people to believe all rondas opponents are great. They are not and never were. Some will catch up no doubt.

If they are not 'great' where is the proof Cyborg is better? Cyborg doesn't have better wins than Zingano, Tate, Davis, or even Kaufman. She has fewer losses than most of them, but she's also faced fewer opponents on their level (only Coenen).

Tate beat Coenen, who is Cyborg's best win. Tate and Carmouche also both beat Finney. Davis, McMann, Kaufmann and Correia all beat Baszler.

I can show you plenty of Rousey's opponents beating Cyborg's opponents. Can you show me where one of Cyborg's opponents beat one of Rousey's?

You did research? For an mma thread? Its not important enough to me to go through all that. All I'm saying is none of this is set in stone because we don't get to put every women in every scenario. Would some of cyborgs opponents beat rondas? Probably but we will never know for sure. You know what I mean? Can ronda withstand cyborgs onslaught? we don't know until we see. Can cyborg survive on the ground? We don't know. We can go back and forth but my opinion is cyborg is too beastly for ronda. The only true thing we can compare is cyborg beat some chick that ronda beat in about the same amount of time. Cyborgs win was more brutal for sure.

Cyborg's last opponent was 5-1 and on a 1 fight win streak after being TKO'd in the previous fight. To say Cyborg's opponents are embarrassingly unqualified to be fighting for a title is an understatement.

Back