Media Colby Covington: "Ian Garry Hasn't Shown Me He's Serious, STILL Have Unfinished Business With Leon"

List the names that Colby could fight instead. Garry is undefeated, 7-0 in the UFC with a sizeable social media following. Garry is the best he can do coming off a terrible performance and a loss. Who else is out there?
Garry didn’t look good either. He really isn’t a needle mover. You forget he pulled out of his fight last minute. The UFC isn’t going to have him headline a PPV. He isn’t the proper dance partner for now. Garry can headline a fight night card but I don’t believe Colby or the promotion will be interested in that.

This really isn’t a meritocracy. They are trying to maximize profit. I can see someone like MVP leap frogging him to get the Colby matchup. They can have an England vs England stadium show with Leon if MVP wins.

Garry didn’t look good either. He really isn’t a needle mover. You forget he pulled out of his fight last minute. The UFC isn’t going to have him headline a PPV. He isn’t the proper dance partner for now. Garry can headline a fight night card but I don’t believe Colby or the promotion will be interested in that.

This really isn’t a meritocracy. They are trying to maximize profit. I can see someone like MVP leap frogging him to get the Colby matchup. They can have an England vs England stadium show with Leon if MVP wins.
You failed to list the names Colby should fight instead.

Both his fights with Usman were competitive, let’s not pretend usmsn didn’t almost lose both fights, he arguably lost the rematch if he didn’t have that 10-8 round. He’s beaten the same guys Usman has beaten besides burns. Usman is like 2 weight classes bigger than Colby too
The political bias is so obvious on here
<{outtahere}>

You failed to list the names Colby should fight instead.
You asked names Colby could fight. He doesn't have to fight anyone until it makes sense for him. He has a history of sitting out. It isn't something new. It is obvious he wants to be a main card of a PPV or co-main on a Mcgregor card. I don't think he will entertain a Ian Garry fight unless they can get it slotted for the Mcgregor return. Colby vs Garry isn't PPV worthy by itself.

Why are people surprised? Colby has made a career out of beating up washed up MMA fighters. But if you want to be realistic here guys who make it to the top aren't looking to fight down anyway, be it Colby Covington or any other top level fighter, especially when the money isn't there. A fight like this does a lot more for Ian Garry.

He can’t sell a PPV yet. It really is that simple. It’s not something I prefer but it’s just the way the company does business.

Colby can also afford to sit out and pick a fight that pays out the most. I believe MVP might get the matchup if he fights soon. He has an existing fan base and this is before the UFC starts hyping him. All he needs is a highlight so they can make a trailer.
Who can "sell a PPV"?

There are like 12 PPVs a year. Assuming no overlap, that's 24 main and co main fights, 48 main and co main fighters.

Are you saying Garry isn't one of the top 48 fighters in the UFC?

Who can "sell a PPV"?

There are like 12 PPVs a year. Assuming no overlap, that's 24 main and co main fights, 48 main and co main fighters.

Colby vs Ian would def sell as a main event fight

You asked names Colby could fight. He doesn't have to fight anyone until it makes sense for him. He has a history of sitting out. It isn't something new. It is obvious he wants to be a main card of a PPV or co-main on a Mcgregor card. I don't think he will entertain a Ian Garry fight unless they can get it slotted for the Mcgregor return. Colby vs Garry isn't PPV worthy by itself.
So you can't think of anyone else and are talking about him sitting out.

<36>

The idea that Colby would headline a PPV after his awful performance is absurd.

Who can "sell a PPV"?

He really isn’t on that level. Come on man. I understand you have a hard on for the guy’s wife but he really isn’t a ppv seller.

He really isn’t on that level. Come on man. I understand you have a hard on for the guy’s wife but he really isn’t a ppv seller.
The Co-Main is not expected to sell a PPV.

And if you know of 47 bigger stars than Garry I'd be interested to hear who.

The Co-Main is not expected to sell a PPV.

And if you know of 47 bigger stars than Garry I'd be interested to hear who.
They are on the poster. They are expected to sell the PPV. Wtf are you on? They can get PPV points. Seriously bro you are bugging. How can you even argue that?

Back