RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Santioned Lomachenko vs. Kambosos Discussion 5/11, 11PM ET (ESPN/ESPN+)

Loma looked loose and in tremendous shape. At 36, too. Maybe he did just start too slow in the tough outs. He looked supremely comfortable in there, and wasn’t afraid to let his hands go. Tank is a tall order, but it’s a fight that fans will remember and will be a display of real talent if it happens.

Didn’t enjoy the openers but main was solid

Play on D-Haney lmao, calm down
That's not a thing. Because somebody points it out doesn't = that they aren't calm.
Sorry going to side with the official results on close fights. Not fan fiction. What's wrong with that?
Did you skip the part after the dig where I said I'd be shocked if Kambosos got the upset?

Its cool to see Loma is still at world class championship level. Nowhere near out of relevancy. Huge props to a great champion tonight!

I agree Tank is underrated. Favourable clauses or not, he's clearly elite and can hit like a mule. He has some pretty good wins too.

I would have to favour Tank over the late 30's Chenko, but there's a reason why Floyd avoided that fight when Chenko was prime.

Chenko still beats those two boring mooks Haney and Stevenson.

Loma still looks very good but he's past prime. I'd favor Tank now because he's in his prime. A few years ago I wouldn't have but Loma will be 37 by the time they fight if they ever even do. Bob Arum wants to make Loma vs Shakur in the fall. That's likely what we'll see next assuming the latter also wins his next fight.
Well maybe that’s good then, because I think Shakur may struggle with Loma tbh

Well maybe that’s good then, because I think Shakur may struggle with Loma tbh
I honestly think there are reasons certain fighters stay with Top Rank and get moved along at a snails pace....

I dont think this brutal stoppage will help these young untested champs want to fight Loma anytime soon.

I agree Tank is underrated. Favourable clauses or not, he's clearly elite and can hit like a mule. He has some pretty good wins too.

I would have to favour Tank over the late 30's Chenko, but there's a reason why Floyd avoided that fight when Chenko was prime.

Chenko still beats those two boring mooks Haney and Stevenson.

I was wondering how in his 20's Floyd would deal with Loma at 135/140lbs. His performance declines somewhat against southpaws

These are some crazy numbers from Loma. Kambosos isn't exactly hard to hit though. He's there to be hit.
Lomachenko-Kambosos.jpg

Loma looked a touch tired at time and I'm assuming it's one of the reasons he starts so slow against elite boxers but he also just showed the world if he starts strong the sheer offensive output he touches people with it will BREAK these guys down.
Hoping moving forward we see Loma attempt to win all rounds instead of take over late because the difference is clearly big in terms of overloading defences.

Also hearing Tim Bradly talk about everything wrong the losing fighter does instead of all the masterful work the winning guy is doing really diminishes the winner and the masterful things these guys are hitting other elite boxers with.
I agree. Whenever Loma lets his hands go, he scores points and can even inflicts damage. If only somebody had told him punching was allowed in boxing earlier in his career, he might have won against Lopez.

The Teo showing was the outlier in his career and in hindsight Teo was likely depressed with the mental health issues he was talking about and divorce drama and was one of the biggest LWs ever and likely struggled with the cut. He moved up immediately after.

Kambosos is the same guy who couldnt find separation and had 50/50 fights with the likes of Mickey Bey and
Lee Selby before fighting Teo. He was always a journeyman but he caught lightning in a bottle and capitalized.
Teofimo Lopez is a bum. There is not a single fight in which he’s managed to showcase boxing abilities.

People assume he knows how to box because he beat Commey and Loma but that’s not what happened:
- In the Commey fight, an overhand ended the fights after only 10 seconds.
- In the Loma fight, Loma was never in range for Lopez to brawl.

Those are the ONLY fights in which he didn’t look like a bar brawler. All his other fights have looked like crap. All his wins are due to his athleticism.

Were there any Aussie fans around for this one? I haven't seen any in the thread and there are several that post in this forum.

Lucas Browne got ko'd in the first round apparently. Ring announcer awarded him the WBC belt.

Teofimo Lopez is a bum. There is not a single fight in which he’s managed to showcase boxing abilities.

People assume he knows how to box because he beat Commey and Loma but that’s not what happened:
- In the Commey fight, an overhand ended the fights after only 10 seconds.
- In the Loma fight, Loma was never in range for Lopez to brawl.

Those are the ONLY fights in which he didn’t look like a bar brawler. All his other fights have looked like crap. All his wins are due to his athleticism.

This is similar to my thought on Teo which I have said in other threads. He relies on his physical attributes like Ryan Garcia, but neither of them show brainy techniques. Even a guy like Canelo runs circles around them in terms of defensive technique.

Brundlebitch had Kabanos sweeping the first 3 rounds and thought it was a close fight overall, and that he just got caught by Lomachenko.

{<jordan}
In the first round not a lot happened. They just felt each other out. But even then Kambosos was still outlanded more than double. Each subsequent round only got worse and worse once Loma started letting his hands go. He more than quadrupled him in total connects. Yeah, competitive fight lol.

Back