RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Beterbiev vs C. Smith 10 PM ET 1/13 ESPN / ESPN+

Winner?

• Beterbiev

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Smith

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Smith looks terrible here. How anyone thought he could go the distance is beyond me.

Not just that people under estimate Betebiev but 168 to 175 is a big Jump , I think back to when Canelo thought that he was going wear Bivol down and he got routed even to the pointed when Canelo tried to egg Bivol to slug with him and Bivol just kept feeding him Jabs. Beterbiev is clearly the most impressive fighter at 175 and I don't know if Bivol can figure perfectly for 36 mins , but he is the only fighter in that division I'd give a shot.

I also read here and on other Boards of David Benavides having a shot , I don't buy that either since Benavides is easy to hit

Not just that people under estimate Betebiev but 168 to 175 is a big Jump , I think back to when Canelo thought that he was going wear Bivol down and he got routed even to the pointed when Canelo tried to egg Bivol to slug with him and Bivol just kept feeding him Jabs. Beterbiev is clearly the most impressive fighter at 175 and I don't know if Bivol can figure perfectly for 36 mins , but he is the only fighter in that division I'd give a shot.

I also read here and on other Boards of David Benavides having a shot , I don't buy that either since Benavides is easy to hit
That's true the jump from 68 to 75 is a significant one. Like you said Bivol is the only guy with a real shot at beating Artur at and around the weight. He'd still have to box a perfect, or damn near perfect, fight to win. Benavidez gets wrecked bad. He could've already had that fight since the WBC previously offered him the top spot in their LHW rankings. He'd rather play weight bully down at SMW.

{<jordan}

The guy never landed double digit power punches in a round...

K8bJk9Xjm9YONkC3g4affVrEhutu1F7qDKkSNUXVbbs.jpg

Catching up on this fight, Beterbiev is incredible. Smith never had an opportunity to get into the fight from the opening bell. When Beterbiev turned it up in rd 1 it just seemed a matter of time from that point.

Bivol is in for a very rough night.

I had some volunteer work to do early this morning so I had to catch the fight today.
Beterbiev just didn't let Callum get comfortable. He pushed the pace constantly and left no breathing room.
Callum got some sneaky shots in between what Beterbiev was doing but his power didn't seem to affect Beterbiev at all. Just punishment, every single second of every single round. Buddy McGirt was right to stop the fight; Callum was getting battered.

Beterbiev is a fucking cyborg. Bivol is gonna have his hands full.

Catching up on this fight, Beterbiev is incredible. Smith never had an opportunity to get into the fight from the opening bell. When Beterbiev turned it up in rd 1 it just seemed a matter of time from that point.

To me it looked like Beterbiev took that people were using the Yarde Fight as proof of his decline personally. He immediately took any chance at Smith establishing himself and never let him get comfortable to use a jab or range.

I honestly think be could have poured it on and ended it anytime beyond the first round. Absolute clinic of destruction.

To me it looked like Beterbiev took that people were using the Yarde Fight as proof of his decline personally. He immediately took any chance at Smith establishing himself and never let him get comfortable to use a jab or range.
Yeah that and Smith's recent comments really fired him up

I honestly think be could have poured it on and ended it anytime beyond the first round. Absolute clinic of destructRange.
To me he's too Cerebral to just pour in on like a mad man early , he was started quicker than usual but he it's like he was taking his time making Smith feel it.

That's true the jump from 68 to 75 is a significant one. Like you said Bivol is the only guy with a real shot at beating Artur at and around the weight. He'd still have to box a perfect, or damn near perfect, fight to win. Benavidez gets wrecked bad. He could've already had that fight since the WBC previously offered him the top spot in their LHW rankings. He'd rather play weight bully down at SMW.

That's another impressive aspect of Beterbievs dominance at LHW , he's not Hulking for the weight class an anti weight bully, but he's chiseled out of Granite and it was damn impressive seeing him walking down bigger man and he would do the same to Benavides.

Beter a grown ass man boxing with boys.

In boxing it’s often physical attributes that take the top stars the furthest, combined of course with years of discipline and thought out training regimines and camps. Sometimes I look at these champions of our current era and ask myself if I’m watching the true best or if someone with better attributes just didn’t decide to box.

Every time Artur fights I think to myself the right kid with the right fists, right bone structure, right physical stature, the right skills and opportunities, the right mindset and training habits, and maybe even the right nationality possibly just happened to lace em up and become one of the fiercest and outright nightmarish matchups any LhW could face at this time in boxing.

I don’t think anyone beats him.

Beter a grown ass man boxing with boys.

In boxing it’s often physical attributes that take the top stars the furthest, combined of course with years of discipline and thought out training regimines and camps. Sometimes I look at these champions of our current era and ask myself if I’m watching the true best or if someone with better attributes just didn’t decide to box.

Every time Artur fights I think to myself the right kid with the right fists, right bone structure, right physical stature, the right skills and opportunities, the right mindset and training habits, and maybe even the right nationality possibly just happened to lace em up and become one of the fiercest and outright nightmarish matchups any LhW could face at this time in boxing.

I don’t think anyone beats him.
The only way Biev loses is when his age catches up to him. He is a level above Bivol, if not several.

Back