RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

Ohh well, it was a nice streak while it lasted.

110239-4114600.png
Got a couple good ones to save it, back to MMA it is.

Navarrete fight later should be a good one too.

Fury had his most success in the middle of the ring. Why he was fighting on the back foot like a smaller one was kinda strange.

He had three folks screaming at him in the corner. Probably baffled his brains.

It was a clinic late on by Usyk, just to good.

That’s pretty much how is saw it. I could only give fury 3-4 rounds in the early/middle of the fight at best. Possibly the 12th. 4, 5 and 6 are the only clear fury rounds. There was a dozen clear usyk rounds. Scoring was awful
Yep. If you're going to win rounds against Usyk it's always in the middle. Same as Joshua. Usyk always starts fast and closes strong. He cruises during the middle rounds.

Overall thoughts:

- Good fight, competitive fight. The knockdown was the difference maker and fight could've been stopped. Usyk had more juice at the end.

- Frank Sanchez's loss to Kayabel was devastating, but he's 31 and can definitely comeback.

- Kovalev was DISGRACEFUL. The most pathetic, money grab performance I've ever seen. He barely showed up to fight. Should never be allowed to fight again.

still think it was a draw. The KD and sympathies for Usyk likely swayed it. Also the fact that it was the first Unidsputed fight in so long the judges were unlikely to leave it sitting. I thought the scoring seemed pretty out of sync. Aside from that their has been worse.

Fury really went for the body as I thought genuinely thought he was going to stop Usyk late when he appeared to hurt Usyk. Usyk has an almost supernatural way of coming back when he looks like losing. I still think the rematch is an intriguing fight.

what a fight. jfc. That round fury almost got knocked out my stream started to freeze and I was about to smash my screen in. I thought usyk was on way to lose after struggling for a few rounds, then he switched gears and came back. What a fighter that guy is. Actually both of them, fury showed a ton of heart as well.

Overall thoughts:

- Good fight, competitive fight. The knockdown was the difference maker and fight could've been stopped. Usyk had more juice at the end.

- Frank Sanchez's loss to Kayabel was devastating, but he's 31 and can definitely comeback.

- Kovalev was DISGRACEFUL. The most pathetic, money grab performance I've ever seen. He barely showed up to fight. Should never be allowed to fight again.
imo i dont think Sanchez shouldve even been fighting. his knee was messed up.
but goddamn what a gas tank on Usyk. guy just doesnt know the meaning of tired.

Saying that to every poster you disagree with isn’t going to change the scorecard in favor of your hero. Would you like some more copium to go with your tears?

I was rooting for Usyk and am quite glad he won. If you post dumb shit, it's clearly that. Plain and simple.

Reactions: HHJ
Back