RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

Bud does not belong on the list over what Usyk and Inoue just did. Bud still only has the Spence & maybe Porter victories. He needs to unify 154 or beat Canelo then I would say he's accomplished as much or more. These guys are fighting bigger and the best guys consistently in divisions bigger than them. Even battling back from losing to get these wins.

It has nothing to do with not liking Bud. He has only 2 notable wins against guys close to his size. He's no longer a small WW who just moved up. He even said he's outgrown WW.

Yep, it was shocking to me and probably most of you how easily and brutally Crawford beat Spence, but it's true, that's like one great win on his resumé. It can't compete with other pound for pounders who are beating elite fighters in every other fight.

Also not to minimise Crawford's incredible performance, but Spence looked done to me. It'll be interesting to see how he looks next, to gauge how much of it was down to Crawford.

Anyway, incredible performance by Usyk. Shocked at some of the scorecards here, Usyk landed more powershots in 8 rounds and almost took him out. Very deserved winner.

Yeah Fury definitely didn't use the type of spoiling tactics he typically uses. He deserves credit for that. Maybe he will in the rematch. I also expected Usyk to use his in-and-out movement more.
I think Usyk really got sapped in those mid rounds. Taking shots like that from a monster will do it.

Usyk missed the press conference due to a broken jar according to UK media.

I think he just arrived late is all. He had to get his eye taped up because of that cut he sustained. But he was talking fine, answering questions, and making jokes in the room.

Edit.

I saw the same stuff as @Athenry04 earlier. I'm beyond day-buzzed at this point, but I clapped when I saw Usyk walk on stage. I ain't ashamed.

Thx for posting, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

The fact he did it to a guy who’s 40lbs and 6 inches talker than him AND at heavyweight, where his opponent was considered the No.1 guy, means Usyk is the clear cut P4P champion.
In every sense of the word. No 1a / 1b bs.

The new pound for pound, undisputed heavyweight champion of the world…….Oleksander Usyk !

The fact he did it to a guy who’s 40lbs and 6 inches talker than him AND at heavyweight, where his opponent was considered the No.1 guy, means Usyk is the clear cut P4P champion.
In every sense of the word. No 1a / 1b bs.

The new pound for pound, undisputed heavyweight champion of the world…….Oleksander Usyk !
To me it's still debatable. I think Inoue is just as deserving if not more for the P4P mantle. He's absolutely obliterated tons of top & elite level opponents. Fury isn't really 6'9 though more like 6'7 or 6'7½. That's a 4 or 4½ inch height advantage, 7 inches in reach, and 40 lbs in weight difference on top of Fury's massive frame.

Is anyone observing the sensations of Drakes flesh?

To me it's still debatable. I think Inoue is just as deserving if not more for the P4P mantle. He's absolutely obliterated tons of top & elite level opponents. Fury isn't really 6'9 though more like 6'7 or 6'7½. That's a 4 or 4½ inch height advantage, 7 inches in reach, and 40 lbs in weight difference on top of Fury's massive frame.

I have him as 6’9 because every official record has him as so. I could say Usyk seems more like a 6’2 to me but that’s not here nor there.
Even 6’7, that’s 4” taller and a near 20% weight increase.
Thats statistically the same as Inoue fighting Crawford (welterweight). Thats fkn insane.

And Inoue never ran a gauntlet of the caliber that Usyk did in the Super 6.
Then going 3-0 vs the Top 2 heavyweights. All this whilst not being the puncher and away from home.

Sorry but he’s the clear No.1 with Inoue / Crawford a respectable No.2.

Back