numbing cream

A tattoo is something that you EARN, then deserve.

I got mine to impress the ladies. One said she wanted to lick my back after seeing my back tat, so I guess it worked. lol

I got collarbone and inner bicep done. It hurts like heck, man! If I had the option, I'd get cream there. Most of the rest of body, I actually like the sensation. Oooooh, hurts so good!

I got mine to impress the ladies. One said she wanted to lick my back after seeing my back tat, so I guess it worked. lol

I got collarbone and inner bicep done. It hurts like heck, man! If I had the option, I'd get cream there. Most of the rest of body, I actually like the sensation. Oooooh, hurts so good!

So what tattoo did you get on your anus? Winking eye? Brown cow?

So, I have been getting tattoos since I was 18....I'm 39 now. In that span of time, no one has ever suggested numbing cream to me until my last session, last Friday. My artist actually said I was one of the last few hold-outs. Numbing cream, if you don't know, is exactly that. It's made from lidocain (sp?) and it numbs the skin, making tattoos virtually pain-free

I have mixed feelings though. Part of me says that going through the pain of a tattoo is part of the experience. A tattoo is something that you EARN, then deserve. But, there is the other part of me that says, "why not?" (Especially during last weeks session where we went over my collarbone/sternum area....holy shit...you gotta dig real fucking deep)

What do you think, Sherdog? Should I say "screw that" and just man up? (I assume, if you choose this option, that you have many tattoos) OR, am I being too macho and stupid, and should just get the damn numbing cream?

Listen to no one but me. I'm covered in tattoos and worked in studios for years.

DO NOT USE THST CREAM. it fucks up the skin, makes it more rubbery and difficult to work with . The artist has to compensate by turning up the speed on their machine and overworking the skin. It will hurt more as it heals, take longer to so so, and runs the risk of pulling up scar tissue. Your artist doesn't care because it makes you sit better which means he gets done faster.

For pain management, nothing beats being well rested, well fed, and well hydrated. Focus on your breathing and relax.

except a few hits of bourbon. But only in states where it's legal to drink before getting tattooed. One or two cocktails (no more) helps take the edge off without significantly thinning your blood and causing tattoo complications that way

a buddy of mine is an excellent tattoo artist & does extreme detail & extreme shading too. he uses thick needles which are way more painful from what he tells me. so if it was a huge/heavy piece & depending on the area of the body I would prob use numbing ointments.

obligatory

Drake-tattoo-girl-forehead.jpg

I've never saw that Raphael tattoo, I always see the reference, but never the image, good post.

On topic, who cares, no one will care to ask, and possibly you won't remember it

I consider that picture my greatest sherdog achievement. You can check out the original thread [LINK] or jump to where the pic Walken put up was first posted [LINK].

I'm ashamed to say this, but i got my first in large part because a girl i was obsessed with (and similar girls) liked tattoos. I kinda wanted one anyway, but I'd be lying if i said i'd have gotten it without that motive.

I used a broken pact me and a friend once had as an excuse. I reinstated the pact (we chickened out of getting one years before) and we got one a month out of his wedding. His friend's husband was the artist. She was there when i got it done.

Fast forward a month and the artist's wife comes up to me at the wedding with another girl asking to see my tattoo. I didn't recognize her at all, and my initial thought was "it worked!" i was drunk as fuck in my defense, but i really thought they were tattoo groupies for a moment.

i dont have any tats yet

but i wont use any cream... getting poked by needles seems fun

Whisky pretty much nailed it.

I was shitfaced on makers mark and didn't feel a thing. I don't think he would have tattooed me if he wasn't a friend of a friend.

Next one i did sober. Not as pleasant, but I've had worse experiences getting bloodwork done.

From my understanding it's not a good idea to get drunk and get a tattoo since it makes you bleed a lot of so I heard.

the first tattoo my mom got, she was wine drunk. she wouldnt stop giggling from what i heard.

I usually tend to end up going in for full-day sessions when I get work done. The pain doesn't bother me so much as how bored you get lying or sitting in awkward positions while different areas are getting worked on.
Somebody come up with a boredom numbing cream, that's what I need...

From my understanding it's not a good idea to get drunk and get a tattoo since it makes you bleed a lot of so I heard.

You heard correct. It looked like a murder scene when i took the bandage off. You also feel the soreness creep in as you sober up, so it's not entirely effective.

I consider that picture my greatest sherdog achievement. You can check out the original thread [LINK] or jump to where the pic Walken put up was first posted [LINK].

Great read, good job and the other shoop with colors is awesome.

I feel sorry for that guy

you wait for like 30 minutes for it to numb and only last for a couple of hours.

people in the tat shop say they use valium, 2 pills, they get sleepy while getting a tattoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back