numbing cream

It might be alright for smaller jobs but imagine a 6 hour sitting; at some point it's going to wear off and instead of gradually increasing over time as the piece is worked on your pain meter is gonna go all the way up to 11 really quickly.

Use the cream the hole earning a tattoo with the pain is dumb your paying someone to draw shit on your body using a needle.

I envy you guys with very high pain tolerances. I would say mine is average to slightly above average.

This is something I'll never understand about people with tattoos who claim they 'love' the pain, or somehow think the pain of the process is a badge of honor. It's not.

Tattoos are like skinny jeans; you don't wear them because they are comfortable. You wear them for the image, the aesthetics.

Take hipsters, for example.

You never hear hipsters say they like skinny jeans because they enjoy the battle of getting their legs through the small openings. Nor do hipsters say that people only deserve to wear skinny jeans once they can tolerate limited blood supply to their feet and balls that are pancaked to one's thigh.

Yet ask a hipster about their tattoo and you'll get a deep, philosophical explanation about how tattoos represent them on a spiritual level, or how the pain of the administration is gratifying or that the tattoo is 'earned' only after the pain is overcome. It's hilariously narcissistic and horridly cringe worthy, yet I hear people with tats rattle this shit off all the time.

Sorry for any hipsters I may have offended just now.

Your skinny jeans look fabulous. Honest.

I've never saw that Raphael tattoo, I always see the reference, but never the image, good post.

On topic, who cares, no one will care to ask, and possibly you won't remember it

I don't know if you noticed but Raphael has a giant **** in his mouth.

:icon_surp

I want to get a tattoo eventually... I think I want to get 'DOMINATE' on my upper right pec (that's like my life word - my friends and I were all going to get one word that described us tatted... fucking robbie got 'loyalty' tattooed on him and later stole 1300$ from me while I was incapacitated - definition of absurdity).

OR, I would need some cool imagery... but all the imagery I like is partially offensive. Confederate Flags, etc - I would love a confederate flag tattoo, and to me, it wouldn't be racist, but I know it would be perceived that way by almost everyone else and I don't feel like adding that extra stigma to myself. I'm already polarizing as it is with no tattoos, lol. I also like religious imagery, especially Christian imagery, but I'm not a Christian, so I don't think that would work either, lol.

This is something I'll never understand about people with tattoos who claim they 'love' the pain, or somehow think the pain of the process is a badge of honor. It's not.

Tattoos are like skinny jeans; you don't wear them because they are comfortable. You wear them for the image, the aesthetics.

You never hear hipsters say they like skinny jeans because they enjoy the battle of getting their legs through the small openings. Nor do hipsters say that people only deserve to wear skinny jeans once they can tolerate limited blood supply to their feet and balls that are pancaked to one's thigh.

Yet ask a hipster about their tattoo and you'll get a deep, philosophical explanation about how tattoos represent them on a spiritual level, or how the pain of the administration is gratifying or that the tattoo is 'earned' only after the pain is overcome. It's hilariously narcissistic and horridly cringe worthy, yet I hear people with tats rattle this shit off all the time.

Quality post :icon_lol:

the first tattoo my mom got, she was wine drunk. she wouldnt stop giggling from what i heard.

Maybe the tattoo artist looked funny.............................when naked

I really like my tattoos and they do have a lot of personal meaning to me but nothing overly glorifying or spiritual. So I hate when people ask me what my tattoo means ... I guess I should've expected that when i got it but you dont really think about that stuff when youre young getting them. Now that Im older.. although I love them, I probablly wouldnt do it again

I really like my tattoos and they do have a lot of personal meaning to me but nothing overly glorifying or spiritual. So I hate when people ask me what my tattoo means ... I guess I should've expected that when i got it but you dont really think about that stuff when youre young getting them. Now that Im older.. although I love them, I probablly wouldnt do it again

I don't mind so much getting asked about tat meanings but what I find worse is people criticising where you got them. I've got quite a lot of ink, including my hands and neck, and the amount of critical comments from friends and associates gets tedious.
"Why'd you get your hands done? It makes you look low-brow and low-class"

I'm like "I am low brow and low class. I got them done cos that's the way I wanted my hands to look. Shut the fuck up" lol.

Not sure if any of my tattoos count as hipster tats though...

"You know the difference between people with tattoos, and people without tattoos?"

People with tattoos don't care that you don't have any tattoos.

"You know the difference between people with tattoos, and people without tattoos?"

People with tattoos don't care that you don't have any tattoos.

Nailed-It_zpsgqvlvodh.gif

I don't mind so much getting asked about tat meanings but what I find worse is people criticising where you got them. I've got quite a lot of ink, including my hands and neck, and the amount of critical comments from friends and associates gets tedious.
"Why'd you get your hands done? It makes you look low-brow and low-class"

I'm like "I am low brow and low class. I got them done cos that's the way I wanted my hands to look. Shut the fuck up" lol.

Not sure if any of my tattoos count as hipster tats though...

hah I know what you mean, now that Im older people always ask if i regret it. I went to get my hands done about 10 years ago and the guy talked me out of it. Still my dream to get my neck done when im rich enough though

Dont be a pussy. The pain is a part of the experience. If you cant handle it, dont do it. I'm being 100% serious. getting a tattoo that means something...it's a cathartic experience. The pain is a part of that.

Unless you want a meaningless douchey tribal tattoo in which case sure, numb it out. Lower back if you can, that way everyone knows the type of person you are.. ;)

Just my 2 cents

So what tattoo did you get on your anus? Winking eye? Brown cow?

I would get a dog squatting to take a poo if I ever got a butt tat, but I don't think that's geometrically possible.

Back