numbing cream

FistsofScotland

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So, I have been getting tattoos since I was 18....I'm 39 now. In that span of time, no one has ever suggested numbing cream to me until my last session, last Friday. My artist actually said I was one of the last few hold-outs. Numbing cream, if you don't know, is exactly that. It's made from lidocain (sp?) and it numbs the skin, making tattoos virtually pain-free

I have mixed feelings though. Part of me says that going through the pain of a tattoo is part of the experience. A tattoo is something that you EARN, then deserve. But, there is the other part of me that says, "why not?" (Especially during last weeks session where we went over my collarbone/sternum area....holy shit...you gotta dig real fucking deep)

What do you think, Sherdog? Should I say "screw that" and just man up? (I assume, if you choose this option, that you have many tattoos) OR, am I being too macho and stupid, and should just get the damn numbing cream?

In before the tattoo debate breaks out!

Don't use the cream.

o9lahd.png

Obligatory for any tattoo thread.

If you can't feel your tat being attached, then it's really not your tat...

A tattoo is something that you EARN, then deserve

Bruh.

A tattoo is something you purchase. It's not about earning jack shit.

I knew women who got giant pieces on their ribs and chests when they were 18. Tattoos aren't nearly as painful as people like to make then out to be. I have a few myself, and it literally feels like light scraping. There are more sensitive areas, but none of them hurt enough for "numbing cream".

And they certainly don't hurt enough to have some kind of ridiculous "YOU EARN THE TATTOO BROTHER!" mentality.

Bruh.

I knew women who got giant pieces on their ribs and chests when they were 18. Tattoos aren't nearly as painful as people like to make then out to be. I have a few myself, and it literally feels like light scraping. There are more sensitive areas, but none of them hurt enough for "numbing cream".

And they certainly don't hurt enough to have some kind of ridiculous "YOU EARN THE TATTOO BROTHER!" mentality.

You earn it if you do it yourself with some whiskey and a buck knife.

Bullshit! You put a tat of Will Smith's son on your body? If true something about that feels very wrong...

His wisdom has inspired me.

Did you know "If Newborn Babies Could Speak They Would Be The Most Intelligent Beings On Planet Earth."?

Bruh.

OK, maybe "earning" is a little dramatic, but I definitely feel that, if you want a tattoo, then you need to be able to deal with the pain of it.
And, everyone has different pain thresholds, receptors, tolerance, etc. Believe me, it doesn't always feel like "light scraping"

Back