numbing cream

I've never saw that Raphael tattoo, I always see the reference, but never the image, good post.

On topic, who cares, no one will care to ask, and possibly you won't remember it

OK, maybe "earning" is a little dramatic, but I definitely feel that, if you want a tattoo, then you need to be able to deal with the pain of it.
And, everyone has different pain thresholds, receptors, tolerance, etc. Believe me, it doesn't always feel like "light scraping"

I've never been with anyone getting a tattoo that didn't describe it the same way. There are some spots where you can hit nerve endings that send light "shocks" up and down your limbs, and certainly some that are worse. But really, the vast majority of your body getting tattooed should only feel like light scraping.

If you're feeling macho because of the pain endurance, maybe you're not as macho as you think?

I've never been with anyone getting a tattoo that didn't describe it the same way. There are some spots where you can hit nerve endings that send light "shocks" up and down your limbs, and certainly some that are worse. But really, the vast majority of your body getting tattooed should only feel like light scraping.

If you're feeling macho because of the pain endurance, maybe you're not as macho as you think?

The level of pain is very dependant on where you choose to get the tattoo.

Unless you have a bitch pain tolerance.

His wisdom has inspired me.

Did you know "If Newborn Babies Could Speak They Would Be The Most Intelligent Beings On Planet Earth."?

Who am I to disagree, I no longer question things beyond my earthly understanding.

Here's mine, thoughts?

XF4c0Un.png

I loved the Jeffersons!

It really comes down to where on your body you are getting it. Yeah, on the top of my forearm, the side of my shoulder, my shoulder blade...ok, not too bad. A lot of color and detail on the inside of my arm and across my whole collarbone....that's a different story. It's possible too, that those that you have been with didn't want to appear like pussies in front of their buddies.

I'm far from macho man, but I didn't know if I was hanging onto a macho mentality

I didnt know you could get numbing cream
Ive had a big ass half done chest piece that I havent finished because the older and more broken down I got the more this shit hurt
This changes everything!
And fuck anybody saying numbing cream is for pussies, I mighta said that shit too when I was a dumb ass kid but now I want the least pain and difficulty in my life as possible

I liked the pain of getting mine.

I can't explain why. I just did. I wouldn't use the cream.

I have plenty of tatt's my self and I was never recommended any of that shit. I wish I knew of it sooner, especially when I had a tatt done on my stomach.

It really comes down to where on your body you are getting it. Yeah, on the top of my forearm, the side of my shoulder, my shoulder blade...ok, not too bad. A lot of color and detail on the inside of my arm and across my whole collarbone....that's a different story. It's possible too, that those that you have been with didn't want to appear like pussies in front of their buddies.

I'm far from macho man, but I didn't know if I was hanging onto a macho mentality

I have two colorful tattoos on the insides of my biceps and they weren't particularly painful at all.

I don't know. Maybe I just have a high tolerance. Every one seems to have the same answer after getting a tattoo: "It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would."

I have two colorful tattoos on the insides of my biceps and they weren't particularly painful at all.

I don't know. Maybe I just have a high tolerance. Every one seems to have the same answer after getting a tattoo: "It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would."

I have one down on my very lower left mid stomach/hip, very sensitive area but it didn't hurt much at all.

I don't know...maybe it's my age. Skin thins as you get older after all. I agree, though, that there are several where it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. Especially when the endorphins kick in.

that collarbone though....

I have one down on my very lower left mid stomach/hip, very sensitive area but it didn't hurt much at all.

I envy you guys with very high pain tolerances. I would say mine is average to slightly above average.

20 years of getting tats, you probably shouldn't give a shit about stuff like earning em through pain anymore. That's teenager shit.

I used whiskey as my numbing agent. It bled a lot.

Bruh.

A tattoo is something you purchase. It's not about earning jack shit.

I knew women who got giant pieces on their ribs and chests when they were 18. Tattoos aren't nearly as painful as people like to make then out to be. I have a few myself, and it literally feels like light scraping. There are more sensitive areas, but none of them hurt enough for "numbing cream".

And they certainly don't hurt enough to have some kind of ridiculous "YOU EARN THE TATTOO BROTHER!" mentality.

This, all day.

i started getting mine at 27/28 and i can tell you as i got older, they have definitely hurt more.

i had my wrist done last summer with a stone band with my two boys names in Rune and I plan on getting the tree of life on my entire form, connecting with my viking themed halfsleeve. numming cream may happen.

So, I have been getting tattoos since I was 18....I'm 39 now. In that span of time, no one has ever suggested numbing cream to me until my last session, last Friday. My artist actually said I was one of the last few hold-outs. Numbing cream, if you don't know, is exactly that. It's made from lidocain (sp?) and it numbs the skin, making tattoos virtually pain-free

I have mixed feelings though. Part of me says that going through the pain of a tattoo is part of the experience. A tattoo is something that you EARN, then deserve. But, there is the other part of me that says, "why not?" (Especially during last weeks session where we went over my collarbone/sternum area....holy shit...you gotta dig real fucking deep)

What do you think, Sherdog? Should I say "screw that" and just man up? (I assume, if you choose this option, that you have many tattoos) OR, am I being too macho and stupid, and should just get the damn numbing cream?

isn't that the dude from tuf 1 that bobby southworth ko'd?

Back