No Man's Sky v2a: Hatred Edition, Public Burning of NMS Thread (Critical Discussion of Marketing)

Whenever you find one of those little signal machines shooting orange light up, craft a bypass chip and when it asks you to choose pick shelter. What you're looking for it to locate is a drop pod, which has a +1 inv you can purchase (the first one is free). Pretty sure there's one of every planet.

I don't usually look for everything on a planet but i'll stay long enough to make sure my inv is increased.

There are a bunch per planet. I usually craft a bunch of chips and stay at a scanner looking for at least 4~5 drop pods at a time.

Read a story yesterday where a guy maxed his exo suit, multi tool, and ship on the first planet.

the way people are talking about Sean Murray and his LIES you would think he should be sent to the Hague Tribunal

seriously do ppl get off on that?
I think it is clearly a legit complaint and not something that should be swept under the rug.
But if you are reviewing the game good or bad you should review what you have not what you might have had.

I think it is clearly a legit complaint and not something that should be swept under the rug.
But if you are reviewing the game good or bad you should review what you have not what you might have had.
the complaints were legit but its been almost a week since release now so those who still like the game remain and those who didnt already made their point but it seem some people need to feel they made the right choice by regurgitating the same complaints over and over

Whenever you find one of those little signal machines shooting orange light up, craft a bypass chip and when it asks you to choose pick shelter. What you're looking for it to locate is a drop pod, which has a +1 inv you can purchase (the first one is free). Pretty sure there's one of every planet.

I don't usually look for everything on a planet but i'll stay long enough to make sure my inv is increased.
Yeah, I actually just discovered those yesterday. Definitely be keeping an eye out. The few I've found have already made my life much easier.

got to another world that is filled with a shit ton of crab spider octopus things I can't go anywhere without those fuckers trying to gang rape me.

Yeah, I actually just discovered those yesterday. Definitely be keeping an eye out. The few I've found have already made my life much easier.

There are a few things I wish I knew about those scanners when I started. One like you've been using is activating them to find drop pods by searching for shelters.

The other usefull things are searching for Transmission Signals. These will find 1 of 3 things; an Observatory, Transmission Tower, and Beacon.

The most usefull of these for upgrading your gear are the Beacons and Transmission Towers. When you get to a Beacon and activate it, it will find an "Advance Life Form". Head to this waypoint and there will be a little outpost with a single landing pad. Inside will always be a "Multi-Tool" on the wall for sale. Weather it's an upgrade or not is up to the RNG, but if you're looking to upgrade your multi-tool, this is how you find them.

Heading to the Transmission Towers leads to a shelter with a console with a basic puzzle to activate. Once you activate it, it will find a distress signal which leads to a Crashed Ship. Head to the ship and you can either trade for or it or strip out it's upgrades. If it has more slots than your current ship you can trade up, but if not switch custody to the crashed ship(this gives you custody to you can strip it). Now with the wrecked ship is your active ship, head back to your primary ship, go back into the compare screen and break down all of the upgrades on the wrecked ship. Once you have broken everything down, put anything of use into your primary ship, and then switch custody back over to your primary ship leaving the crashed ship gutted from anything useful.

Another thing I wish I knew at the start is how the upgrade system works for the multi-tool and ships. You will only find small upgrades to what you currently have equipped. For example if you have a 10 slot multi-tool you will only find small upgrade/downgrades to your current model. So with a 10 slot multi-tool equipped you will typically find 8 or 12 slot multi-tools. You wont go from having a 10 slot multi-tool and suddenly find a 20 slot tool.

Same goes for ships. If you have a 28 slot ship, you will only run across small upgrade/downgrade versions. This sort of forces you to upgrade your equipment slowly. You won't really be able to just save up some credits and blow it on the best gear early. The gap for ships is a little bigger. With a 33 slot ship, I'm seeing 41 slot upgrades.

Last edited:
I only have 8 hours in the game yet, and I really want to love it, but so far, I dont. The constant resource gathering and nagging about life support just sucks the fun out of it for me. I love to visit new planets and wander around and explore, seeing and scanning new creatures etc, but the survival elements and awful inventory/crafting system are just tedious IMO. Theres no challenge to keeping your life support/launch boosters/Hazard protection charged, its just this thing that you have to do over and over and over. Not to mention the first couple of hours was spent just trying to get the game to run decently on my PC (with a brand new gtx 1080 btw). If i dont lock it to 30 fps, the screen completely flips out in a way that would have given me a seizure if I had epilepsy.

I only have 8 hours in the game yet, and I really want to love it, but so far, I dont. The constant resource gathering and nagging about life support just sucks the fun out of it for me. I love to visit new planets and wander around and explore, seeing and scanning new creatures etc, but the survival elements and awful inventory/crafting system are just tedious IMO. Theres no challenge to keeping your life support/launch boosters/Hazard protection charged, its just this thing that you have to do over and over and over. Not to mention the first couple of hours was spent just trying to get the game to run decently on my PC (with a brand new gtx 1080 btw). If i dont lock it to 30 fps, the screen completely flips out in a way that would have given me a seizure if I had epilepsy.

Yep.

I predict you'll find an interest again.. reveal a shadow of a back story... only to be disappointed not long after.

I almost hate saying this, because I also wanted to like the game.. and I can't say I don't like it because I continue to play it, but it is a long, drawn out grind.

The complaints of the devs being dishonest are completely warranted.

I'm still waiting to hear the official explanation to all the short comings.

Yep.

I predict you'll find an interest again.. reveal a shadow of a back story... only to be disappointed not long after.

I almost hate saying this, because I also wanted to like the game.. and I can't say I don't like it because I continue to play it, but it is a long, drawn out grind.

The complaints of the devs being dishonest are completely warranted.

I'm still waiting to hear the official explanation to all the short comings.

A lot of other players seem to hate the grind of it too, so I'm sure there will be mods that take care of it. When that happens, I'll pick it up again, but for now, I think I'm done.

NoMansSkyupdate1.05-555x416.jpg

While No Man’s Sky just had a new patch a few days ago, a new No Man’s Sky update (1.05) has been rolled out just now over the weekend.

Clocking in at just 35MB, the update notes from the PlayStation 4 only mentions “bug fixes” so far. Checking the No Man’s Sky sub-reddit, users have pointed out some new fixes they’ve noticed such as the Discovery menu bug, and also a known save issue.

GurpsWibcheegs:

I know it does fix the discovery menu bug where it would crash the game if you closed it before it was completely loaded.

Wild-Weaasel:

The patch fixed the game not saving if you loaded a previous save.

And for some reason, interacting with certain objects is possible at a couple of feet away now instead of walking straight up to it. Not sure if this is related to the patch.

Fauna and flora discoveries load slower for me if I load a second page but no big deal.

All I noticed right now.

A lot of other players seem to hate the grind of it too, so I'm sure there will be mods that take care of it. When that happens, I'll pick it up again, but for now, I think I'm done.

Oh c'mon... you still have 9 more Atlas stones to collect... totally worth it.

the complaints were legit but its been almost a week since release now so those who still like the game remain and those who didnt already made their point but it seem some people need to feel they made the right choice by regurgitating the same complaints over and over

Its only been out a week. Chill out and let people make whatever complaints they want.

I really need to upgrade my starship, still using the original. Everything I find is either close to the same inventory or way out of my price range lol.

Found the Sigma upgrade, finally went to a red star system. First planet is absolutely loaded with Murrine, and the sky is fucking bloated with flying fish snake looking mother fuckers.

I really need to upgrade my starship, still using the original. Everything I find is either close to the same inventory or way out of my price range lol.
I found one but it was only one upgrade slot higher and everything needed repairs. Flew out to the space station and a guy landed with a 20 slot one for 600k so I snatched that one up.

Been farming crashed ships all day. Finding small upgrades then fixing launch gear and pulse drives to limp to the next crashed ship. Up to 45 slot now. A few more ships and I should be maxed out.

Back