No Man's Sky v2a: Hatred Edition, Public Burning of NMS Thread (Critical Discussion of Marketing)

upgraded to a 48 slot ship. The last few ships looked pretty dope with the 47 slot ship looking like an X-wing fighter but with standard wings. Nice svelte look to it. Tracked down a 48 slot ship that looks like total ass, it's a big yellow freighter looking thing that looks like a baby chic, but god damn was this thing decked out. Had tons of weapons on board, 3 warp drives and shields up the ass. Totally makes up for the fact that it looks like I'm flying a bird. Now all my stuff is maxed so I can concentrate on upgrading my gear slots and finishing up the game. Good timing too since it's starting to get a little stale with all of the grinding and Deus Ex comes out on tuesday and it's at the top of my Gamefly queue.

I've found exactly one ship in 10+ hours of game play.

I've found exactly one ship in 10+ hours of game play.

How are you searching? If youre just roaming around they're hard to see.

Best way is to find the orange signal scanners and use a bypass chip to search for "transmissions". Keep using chips until the the scanner locates a Transmission Tower. Head to the tower and head inside and use the panel and decode the distress signal. Once you solve the puzzle it will locate a crashed ship to plunder.

I did this last night and was finding ships every 30 min or so. Longest part was upgrading a few systems to get it airborne again.

I just found out I've been totally short selling my warp drives. I've been using the galactic path to make my jumps but it would only find a path that was like 300-700 light years. Read that you should use the free explore option and select systems aiming for the bright center. Last few jumps have been 1400+ light years.

How are you searching? If youre just roaming around they're hard to see.

Best way is to find the orange signal scanners and use a bypass chip to search for "transmissions". Keep using chips until the the scanner locates a Transmission Tower. Head to the tower and head inside and use the panel and decode the distress signal. Once you solve the puzzle it will locate a crashed ship to plunder.

I did this last night and was finding ships every 30 min or so. Longest part was upgrading a few systems to get it airborne again.

I just found out I've been totally short selling my warp drives. I've been using the galactic path to make my jumps but it would only find a path that was like 300-700 light years. Read that you should use the free explore option and select systems aiming for the bright center. Last few jumps have been 1400+ light years.
I don't think I've ever found a distress signal. I'll give this a shot tonight.

I love it. I fucking love this game. I can't believe how big the planets are, and how much distance there actually is between them.

Also, I just out a laser on my ship. I've been wrecking primates with my photon gun. But I think the laser should be a big better.

Had to go through files on my PC and delete stuff. Then had to disable cloud sync to stop steam from restoring the bugged save. A new game option would've been nice.

The upgrade bug meant that things wouldn't appear in the crafting menu and gave a message that i already had the upgrade if i collected it again. Saying "work harder" is gibberish.
Well, the next time you are thinking about talking shit about how much better PC gaming is than consoles, maybe you will remember this.

I don't think I've ever found a distress signal. I'll give this a shot tonight.

You won't find a distress signal from the signal scanners, youll find a Transmission Tower. Inside the tower is where you'll pick up the distress signal which puts a way point on your map for a crashed ship.

When you use the signal scanner and use the bypass chip and search "transmission", it will find either a transmission tower, beacon, or an observatory. Just spam your chips looking for the towers.

The beacons are good to check out as well since they will point the way to an "advanced life form". When you track them down they will have a multi tool for sale.

You won't find a distress signal from the signal scanners, youll find a Transmission Tower. Inside the tower is where you'll pick up the distress signal which puts a way point on your map for a crashed ship.

When you use the signal scanner and use the bypass chip and search "transmission", it will find either a transmission tower, beacon, or an observatory. Just spam your chips looking for the towers.

The beacons are good to check out as well since they will point the way to an "advanced life form". When you track them down they will have a multi tool for sale.
I know what you mean. I was using the towers to look for upgrade slots for my suit. Now that I'm at around 24 slots I wasn't sure what to focus on but it looks like I'll be going for the transmissions from now on.

I know what you mean. I was using the towers to look for upgrade slots for my suit. Now that I'm at around 24 slots I wasn't sure what to focus on but it looks like I'll be going for the transmissions from now on.

Gotcha, you kind of have to find a happy medium and upgrade together. The exo suit upgraded are easy, but start to get pretty expensive. Then I started working on my ship for a bit while I saved money for the suit and extra carry space. Found a good plant for money, but drew sentinels fast so started working on the multi tool upgrades.

Cost wise the multi tool is probably the easiest to max since it's only 24 slot total and max out tool is lonely like 150,000 unites, where the last exo suit upgrades will start to run 300,000+. Ship was probably the hardest since it's just more time consuming then you realise youre a few vital resources away from going airborne with nothing close to mine.

Disappointed.

I fly towards a planet that appears to be mostly ocean, aiming at an island in the middle of a huge ocean, break through the atmosphere, and now it's all land.

Finally decided to leave the best planet I came across. Upgraded my ship a few times and felt like I'd done pretty much all I wanted to. Now I've been disappointed because no other planets are measuring up.

I'm really enjoying this game. The "oh a piece of candy" aspect of the game has sunk its claws into me. I can't wait to get to the next ? and find out what it is. The art direction, the music, they're both fantastic. It's pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. I've only jumped twice but probably put close to 20 hours in over the past week. Excited to see what else I discover.

Finally decided to leave the best planet I came across. Upgraded my ship a few times and felt like I'd done pretty much all I wanted to. Now I've been disappointed because no other planets are measuring up.

I'm really enjoying this game. The "oh a piece of candy" aspect of the game has sunk its claws into me. I can't wait to get to the next ? and find out what it is. The art direction, the music, they're both fantastic. It's pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. I've only jumped twice but probably put close to 20 hours in over the past week. Excited to see what else I discover.

Different color rocks. Retarded ass aliens wandering around. The same buildings you've already seen dozens of times. Aliens with one sentence of dialogue.

Enjoy.

Different color rocks. Retarded ass aliens wandering around. The same buildings you've already seen dozens of times. Aliens with one sentence of dialogue.

Enjoy.
I have been quite a bit, thanks.

Enjoy.

Those ass aliens are a hoot

Angry Joe shat all over this game. Not that I respect his opinion, but take it for what it's worth.

Well, the next time you are thinking about talking shit about how much better PC gaming is than consoles, maybe you will remember this.
Ughhh....
No Man’s Sky Experiencing Frame Rate Drops When Flying Too Fast
"However, thanks to a new discovery by some gamers, it seems PlayStation 4 players should avoid exploring the planets too quickly, as doing so may cause a noticeable frame rate drop in the game. The folks at Digital Foundry ran their customary frame rate test, and found that No Man’s Sky‘s rate can drop to 20 frames per second or lower."

Maybe not the best time to play that card. This game has been a technical clusterfuck from all sides, and that's hardly surprising given the nature of the game itself and the small company that created it.
I have to admit that I was astonished the game sold this well. I thought it was just another hyped technological project that wouldn't interest most gamers because it was like, yeah, so it's the most sprawling sandbox ever achieved, but what's the actual game? It's wouldn't have been the first game to generate a ton of hype, but not much genuine interest.

Clearly I was wrong about the level of sincere interest in the gaming community, but I haven't seen anything yet to indicate I was wrong about the game...

I expect one of the most severe downturns of concurrent players on Steam after 1-month from the launch recorded in the history of the service.
Well, the peak concurrent users on Steam for any of the past three days has been around ~28K. That's already down to about a tenth of what we saw on the first few days of launch, and we're not even two weeks out from the launch on PC.

No Man's Sky sales drop by 81% in second week in the UK
"However, No Man’s Sky’s second week on sale has not been quite as successful. According to GfK Chart-Track, which monitors video game sales in the UK, sales of No Man’s Sky in the region have dropped by 81%, with the newly released title slipping to number two on the list. Taking its place in pole position is F1 2016 which over took Hello Games’ space game despite sales of the Formula One racing sim having dropped by 32% in comparison to F1 2015.

It’s important to note that Chart-Track does not yet take into account digital sales meaning that F1 2016, which was released at retail on all of its available platforms (PC, PS4, and Xbox One), would automatically have an advantage over No Man’s Sky which only has retail copies on PS4."

Now, it's not the only game that has seen a sales drop like this. A similar drop turned some heads for Uncharted 4, which itself saw a 78% dip in sales, but didn't come close to sacrificing the #1 slot, and thanks to heavy pre-order sales ran out to the highest first week sales in PS4 history with 2.7m total units sold. Unlike NMS, it's a platform exclusive, but maybe more importantly, the difference is that these were huge Day 1 franchise sellers, not grassroots wunderkinds.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/uncha...ales_drop_isnt_as_troubling_as_it_sounds.html
According to the UK's sales-tracking company GFK Chart-Track, sales of major releases typically drop by around 70% during their second week, with some games actually dropping by significantly more. Sales of Dark Souls 3, for example, which was the UK's top-selling game in April, actually fell by 80% during its second week. Fallout 4, a game which continues to place within the top 20 six months after release, also dropped by 80% in week two.

The massive drops aren't too surprising when you consider the day one culture of the video games industry. Publishers regularly place a significant emphasis on pre-orders which, when successful, can result in major first week sales that don't come close to being matched the week after.

GTA 5, for example, sold an incredible 11.2m units in its first 24 hours, but dropped by 83% during its week two.

Here's how physical UK sales of other major games have dropped during their second week on sale:

• GTA V: -83%
  • Dark Souls 3: -80%
  • Fallout 4: -80%
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: -78%
  • Halo 5: Guardians: -78%
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: -78%
  • Street Fighter V: -78%
  • FIFA 16: -74%
  • Batman: Arkham Knight: -74%
  • The Division: -73%
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: -69%
  • Evolve: -66%