No Man's Sky v2a: Hatred Edition, Public Burning of NMS Thread (Critical Discussion of Marketing)

Finally played for a few hours last night. Decided to forgo the Atlas quest and just fart around at my convenience. The scope is pretty difficult to comprehend. The feeling of flying into a new planet's atmosphere and waiting to see what's in store is pretty incredible. Quick annoyance is definitely the limited inventory. Especially when you're someone like me who likes to horde things just in case you might need something down the road. I'd also like a quicker way of traversing a planet when on foot. The balance between wanting to get out and wander but not getting too far from your ship is a tight one.

The good has outweighed the bad so far but the experience is definitely unique. Hopping into my spaceship, flying out of the atmosphere and into space to explore is one of the more memorable moments I've had in a game.

Inventory tops out at 48 and you can usually find at least a few inventory upgrades on a planet. Traversing quickly on foot is done by forward boosting - sprint, tap the R1 button and then mid-melee animation, do the jetpack boost. If you time it right you'll go really far.

Don't worry about getting too far from your ship. Many of the outposts have a computer or something that you can call your ship to you by using a bypass chip, which are easy to create.

Inventory tops out at 48 and you can usually find at least a few inventory upgrades on a planet. Traversing quickly on foot is done by forward boosting - sprint, tap the R1 button and then mid-melee animation, do the jetpack boost. If you time it right you'll go really far.

Don't worry about getting too far from your ship. Many of the outposts have a computer or something that you can call your ship to you by using a bypass chip, which are easy to create.
I was alternating between using my jetpack and sprinting. I'll give that a shot.

Downloaded the patch. Still have the upgrade bug. Found the plans for a new upgrade only for it not to appear in my crafting menu.

I've sent an email to their support team to try and raise awareness about the bug.

Went through the bullshit necessary to start a new game. Hopefully i'll have better and less buggy luck this time.

The fact that you have to fiddle about with shit so much to start a new game is another black mark against Hello Games.

Went through the bullshit necessary to start a new game. Hopefully i'll have better and less buggy luck this time.

The fact that you have to fiddle about with shit so much to start a new game is another black mark against Hello Games.
What did you have to do? Strange there's not just a new game option.

Downloaded the patch. Still have the upgrade bug. Found the plans for a new upgrade only for it not to appear in my crafting menu.

I've sent an email to their support team to try and raise awareness about the bug.
The upgrade 'bug' is apparently not really game breaking, but you may have to work harder to get the technologies needed. People on reddit have been reporting success even after the upgrade 'bug'.

Personally I just love the game. It's just super, imo.

Also, all this BS about Murrays "lies" cracks me up. Gamers in general are the most entitled, childish little brats around, yet they do nothing to grow up from that stereotype, but surpasses it by miles.

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Also, all this BS about Murrays "lies" cracks me up. Gamers in general are the most entitled, childish little brats around, yet they do nothing to grow up from that stereotype, but surpasses it by miles.
<mma4>

I don't know what these whiny bitches are so pissed about. The game is 100% what I thought it would be and what I felt the devs said it would be.

Any disappointment stems from these people's own imaginations getting out of control.

What did you have to do? Strange there's not just a new game option.
Had to go through files on my PC and delete stuff. Then had to disable cloud sync to stop steam from restoring the bugged save. A new game option would've been nice.
The upgrade 'bug' is apparently not really game breaking, but you may have to work harder to get the technologies needed. People on reddit have been reporting success even after the upgrade 'bug'.

Personally I just love the game. It's just super, imo.

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif
The upgrade bug meant that things wouldn't appear in the crafting menu and gave a message that i already had the upgrade if i collected it again. Saying "work harder" is gibberish.

game is running much smoother for me now after the latest patch but damn i hope they make a UI change or atleast someone makes a UI mod

I need to start working on leveling up my multi tool. I have a 14 slot now and I have a bunch of awesome upgrades with engouh resources, but holding back since I know I'll just have to trash them when I upgrade.

Read an article this morning that a guy maxed out his multi-tool/exo suit/ship on the first planet. Pretty impressive. I've jumped 15 or so times and I'm not anywhere close to that.

Eh that reddit link mentioned a ton of content that was originally promised, that isn't in the final game. They also said they're advertising the game based on some of that content.

If that's true I can see why people would be pissed off, shouldn't promise things you can't deliver. Sounds a lot like fable

Haven't found a new blueprint since I reported last time, 4 days maybe?

There's no reason to open a drop pod, talk to an alien, access a panel, etc...

Collect resources.. sell.. warp.. repeat.

Getting better at killing pirates though. I guess that has become the exciting part now.

Yes, having an imagination helps, I suppose...

Anyone score an atlas pass v2 or 3 yet?

Whats funny is a friend and I were talking about how much we have enjoyed the game so far and part of the reason is both of us ignored anything content related leading up to this game because we didn't want spoilers.

If a game is multiplayer especially PVP I research everything and try to min-max my heart out. But if it isn't I try to avoid the messages and wikis about it.

Devs made a long list of lies about the game and its all linked in the first post. Not sure what's the purpose of people pretending they don't know why others are complaining when its all laid out right there.

Devs made a long list of lies about the game and its all linked in the first post. Not sure what's the purpose of people pretending they don't know why others are complaining when its all laid out right there.
{<BJPeen}

the way people are talking about Sean Murray and his LIES you would think he should be sent to the Hague Tribunal

seriously do ppl get off on that?

Finally played for a few hours last night. Decided to forgo the Atlas quest and just fart around at my convenience. The scope is pretty difficult to comprehend. The feeling of flying into a new planet's atmosphere and waiting to see what's in store is pretty incredible. Quick annoyance is definitely the limited inventory. Especially when you're someone like me who likes to horde things just in case you might need something down the road. I'd also like a quicker way of traversing a planet when on foot. The balance between wanting to get out and wander but not getting too far from your ship is a tight one.

The good has outweighed the bad so far but the experience is definitely unique. Hopping into my spaceship, flying out of the atmosphere and into space to explore is one of the more memorable moments I've had in a game.

Whenever you find one of those little signal machines shooting orange light up, craft a bypass chip and when it asks you to choose pick shelter. What you're looking for it to locate is a drop pod, which has a +1 inv you can purchase (the first one is free). Pretty sure there's one of every planet.

I don't usually look for everything on a planet but i'll stay long enough to make sure my inv is increased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back