MW division is screwed now - Silva is laughing!!

Ufc might start putting handicap matches against silva. Triple tag team weidman, bisping, and lombard VS silva, and his matrix clone!!
Gotta leave now, muscle marinade just kicked in like a monster!

Belcher and Boetsch losing doesn't weaken MW division credibility. Silva is just that good.

Weidman and Lombard. Just keep Lombard away from wrestlers because I think he is susceptible to getting wrestlefucked.

Most sane people realized a while ago that Boetsch wasn't legit.

Bisping vs Belfort
Okami vs Weidman
Lombard vs Phillipou
Rockhold vs Munoz

Bam. All sorted out.

Just think what happens when belfort, okami, and munoz win.
Wed be worse off then we are now.

Though silva/belfort 2 isn't horrible.

I'd say it's impossible for those match-ups to not shake out at least 1 credible contender who Silva hasn't already beaten.

Naw, the divisions fine.

I don't think anyone really took Boetsch or Belcher seriously as threats to Spider anyways. They were just 2 white guys who hadn't been beaten by Spider yet, so their hype tended to get magnified.

If Vitor beats Bisping, you'll see the hype for Weidman get out of control. Just wait and see.

hilarious

I don't really think much has changed in the division.

I think it's just perceptions. I was never sold on Boetsch or Belcher, however the Palhares win was impressive. Hype from one win really gets fighters blown out of proportion. MW and WW are perfect exaples of this. Every TKO/Sub we have a new next best thing.

best post yet!! doesnt matter how u make the fights - theres just not enough talent or anyone good enough

Time is by far the most dangerous challenger Anderson Silva is up against.
There is no one at MW you would fancy to take a round off of him, never mind win the fight.

Time is by far the most dangerous challenger Anderson Silva is up against.
There is no one at MW you would fancy to take a round off of him, never mind win the fight.

Actually, I have "Full Training Camp" Weidman pulling the upset. He's not going to lay on top of Silva like Sonnen did and not look for the submission.

A 9-0 fighter disagrees...

20120711_ajw_st3_182.jpg

Chris Weidman is the best contender that Anderson Silva has faced since Dan Henderson.

mw has always been a weaker division, im used to anderson fighting people that he has hardly any chance of losing to at this point.. why do u think he wont fight jones, is ok with fighting the smaller gsp and wont fight weidman?

People that said Belcher was a contender are delusional

Lol TS says that Silva will crush Lombard and Rockhold but before that says MW is screwed because TIM BOETSCH is no longer a challenger? News flash bro, Boetsch was never a contender. He won a lackluster split-dec to Lombard and a fluke against Okami. Belcher looked good against Palhares but does that mean he was a contender too. The only real challenge left to silva at MW is still undefeated and thats Weidman. I'd like to see him get through Okami when he returns. I still see Silva winning of course. But I think weidman would put up a WAY bigger fight then Belcher or Tim would have. Anderson would have done to Tim what he did to Forrest/Bonnar/Okami.

i wasnt say I thought they were contenders!! The UFC was making them out to be worthy contenders. I didnt think they had a chance at all! I agree Boetsch was well out of his league - I think Weidman is the only one who could POSSIBLY have a chance so I agre with you there.

For a minute it was looking like a line of challengers around the block for his 10 fight contract. But hey, this is how it is in MMA. You can't line things up like that since anything can happen. It just takes one thing to zig when you thought it would zag.

Back