MW division is screwed now - Silva is laughing!!

yea me too, but lets be honest, silva would kill rockhold

its time for silva move to lhw and fight bones or wait for gsp
if jones wasn't the champion at 205 i bet silva would fight him.
when he beats jones for the belt then what ? give the belt back to the ufc ?
jones will still be up to challenge for the championship,nothing will change.
silva will not go for the belt because of guys on his team.
i would like to see this fight but jones will lose. gsp is not on his level and will get finished within 2 rounds.

Evans dropping down would have the best chance. Bisping and Weidman can make it interesting at least. Dear God, no Lombard just yet.

Im sure Anderson breathed a shy of relief when Boatsch and Belcher got knocked off , really good fighters but come on TS

As we know, with Belcher and Boetsh both losing the division is all over the place now!! I didnt think they were credible challengers anyway!!

Im brirtsh and a Bisping fan, but he dont stand a chance against Silva. Weve seen what happened with Okami and Weidman i think still needs one or 2 more fights for experience. Plus Phillipou, event though is on a run needs a cpl of more big names!

Where does this leave us? Lombard? or maybe a strikeforce MW? Rockhold? Silva will crush all of these.

With GSP looking like hes tied up for a bit now with Diaz and other challengers I really cvant see where the depth lies in the MW division now.

maybe now is the time for Rashad to come down from LHW. But again Silva will pick him off easily!!

The division is weak as fuck ATM. This doesn't mean the division should be weak.

MW could potentially be the strongest in MMA:

(No particular order) Anderson, Hendo, Lyoto, Rashad, Sonnen, Shogun, Bisping, Weidman, Okami, Vitor.

Plus: Guys like Rory, Condit & Diaz with the potential to move up leaving the fringe (Or interchangeable top 10 with guys like Mousasi, Rockhold, Stann, Boetch, Costa, Munoz, Lombard, Belcher, Palhares etc.

Instead everyone's pretty much vacated or in different divisions for whatever reason (Weight cutting, title runs, dominant champ etc)

I'd say it's impossible for those match-ups to not shake out at least 1 credible contender who Silva hasn't already beaten.

Bisbing-Weidman
Rockhold-Lombard

This whould give u 2 solid contenders Anderson hasn't fought

The division is weak as fuck ATM. This doesn't mean the division should be weak.

MW could potentially be the strongest in MMA:

(No particular order) Anderson, Hendo, Lyoto, Rashad, Sonnen, Shogun, Bisping, Weidman, Okami, Vitor.

Plus: Guys like Rory, Condit & Diaz with the potential to move up leaving the fringe (Or interchangeable top 10 with guys like Mousasi, Rockhold, Stann, Boetch, Costa, Munoz, Lombard, Belcher, Palhares etc.

Instead everyone's pretty much vacated or in different divisions for whatever reason (Weight cutting, title runs, dominant champ etc)

Your reaching with Machida ,Evans and Shogun who knows how they would like at 185

As far as Middleweights, I think Weidman and Lombard are at the top, followed by Vitor (who has already been defeated by Anderson) and Bisping

Bisping beating Vitor is the best thing that could happen to the division currently. If Vitor wins there's always Weidman I guess but I'd feel better about him getting a shot after another big win or two.

Or Bisping could lose and get the title shot anyways, if we're going by the recent trend.

I really don't care who will face Anderson next... Weidman, Bisping, Vitor, it doesn't really matter, none of them will be a real threat, let's be serious.

err no, not at all. Just stating whats history has showed us. Sonnen has shown us that there are flaws in his game, just needs someone like a GSP mindset to carry it thru. At the moment there is noone around, possible Weidman.

Dont get me wrong there are nuthuggers here and some ppl still say that " silva is lucky, he hasnt really fought anyone" but youve still got to to beat whoever has been put infront of u and he has done quite easily.

Wow, what a horrible analysis

I would be laughing too if I was as good as Silva fighting in a division like that.

I really don't care who will face Anderson next... Weidman, Bisping, Vitor, it doesn't really matter, none of them will be a real threat, let's be serious.

I think Weidman has a chance, he has the wrestling to take silva to the mat.

He is the only one I see that can possibly beat Silva.

Bisping is the one the most hardcore Silva fans will clamour for.

When all the contenders were looked at Bisping was generally acknowledged stylistically as having the least ability to threaten Silva and win even in a long shot type of way, and thus why they clamour for him.

Do you just become more of a troll each time you are banned?

Back