Most Pathetic Thing I've Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian1983 said:
On the other side of the scale I went lifting yesterday and there was this little chinese guy, about 26 who I chat with every now and then. I'm doing incline bench and feeling bad because I haven't lifted in like 2 months and I look over and see this guy, about 5' 9", maybe 65 kg or so lifting 120 kg's for bloody 5 reps, going deep. I was in shock and awe, especially because I'M THE ONE THAT GOT HIM SQUATTING about 6 months ago (and he didn't even use one of those gay foam things across your back).
I welled up inside and a tear of joy ran down my face.

Great story Ian!

BJJ said:
It's not my job. I work in Paints. Not seasonal.

Also, put myself in the other guys shoes? I never ask for help in a store unless i absolutely need it. I can lift mulch bags, a 40 lb box myself. I dont need any assistance. Lastly, this is America, almsot everyone is a fat lazy pos anymore. the assumption is always going to be there.

It's not your job.

Dude, why dont you go ask your store manager what your job is. Do you think he is going to say, your job is to only help people with paint?

Because, I doubt the corporate policy for the nation's 2nd largest retailer is to tell their employees, its not your job to help customers unless they are in your department.

Are you Home Depot Material?

Doesnt really look like that is there policy, to me.

But hey, what do I know. I guess I dont have the vast buisness administration knowledge you must have gained working in the paint department at Home Depot.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
Sounds about right to me.

But common sense doesnt really go to far around here.

Its a me,me,me mentality. It's not my job, I dont need help so why should I give it.

this isnt about people not wanting to do their job. its about customers asking for help they dont need, just for the sake of asking.

A lot of you people seem to have a need to look down on other people.

OOOH he is weak what a fairy!!

OOooh he has a manual labor job, he is inferior to me.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
It's not your job.

Dude, why dont you go ask your store manager what your job is. Do you think he is going to say, your job is to only help people with paint?

Because, I doubt the corporate policy for the nation's 2nd largest retailer is to tell their employees, its not your job to help customers unless they are in your department.

Are you Home Depot Material?

Doesnt really look like that is there policy, to me.

But hey, what do I know. I guess I dont have the vast buisness administration knowledge you must have gained working in the paint department at Home Depot.

why don't you lift some iron and shut the fuck up. i'm not even going to argue with ya anymore.

Listen to BJJ, quit being a whiny pussy.

I think the point is that no "man" who isn't extremely elderly, or have severe cerberal palsey or something, shouldn't need help with a 20-30lb box.

Don Larkin is 65+ years old. He can bend a 5" 60d nail no problem, and pull 500lbs. He's 165lbs or so, and has never been much bigger than that. Why is he a strong, strong old man? Because he hasn't given up on his body just because it hurts, and can't do what it used to. As a result he's stronger, more vibrant, and more energetic than many men half his age. In fact, not that long ago he got into a bar fight with a kid about my age (20) and won.

CarnalSalvation said:
Listen to BJJ, quit being a whiny pussy.

I think the point is that no "man" who isn't extremely elderly, or have severe cerberal palsey or something, shouldn't need help with a 20-30lb box.

I agree that it is kind of sad when a healthy, full grown man has difficulty handling 20 - 30 lb.

But I think the point that others are trying to make is that simply because someone is physically decrepit, it doesn't grant an automatic license to treat him or her like crap, especially when working in retail, where serving the customer is the foundation of any successful business.

I completely understand the original poster's irritation with people who don't take care of themselves, but to belittle the guy for wanting help with his purchase was a bit much.

There's more to life than bending nails and tossing kegs.

Not everyone is genetically gifted

Yeah, I forgot that part.

FUCK THOSE EASYGAINERS WHO CAN CARRY 20LB BOXES WITHOUT TRAINING!! WHAT ARE THEY GONNA THINK OF NEXT? GETTING OUT OF A CHAIR WITHOUT USING THEIR ARMS TO ASSIST?!

CarnalSalvation said:
Yeah, I forgot that part.

FUCK THOSE EASYGAINERS WHO CAN CARRY 20LB BOXES WITHOUT TRAINING!! WHAT ARE THEY GONNA THINK OF NEXT? GETTING OUT OF A CHAIR WITHOUT USING THEIR ARMS TO ASSIST?!
It seems unbelievable some people incredibly weak by nature like me.

If the guy has trouble carrying 20 pound stuff, he has trouble. I dont know, but I don't think the guy likes being weak at all in my opinion.

I agree with BoxingFanNoMore. The number of times I've encountered some lazyass who want me to do his job for him is ridiculous. Doesn't fucking matter how easy or tough the job is, he's getting paid for it, not me. I work hard at my job, I don't want to do someone else's job too, and for free. Those of you who don't understand that either haven't had a real job, or your synapses have been dulled by too much masturbation under artificial lighting...

I've definately had limited job experience. My only job was as a "puller"/stocker in a large autoparts warehouse. I was a famously hard worker, and as far as I see it, if you're paying me, it's my job to do what you tell me, even if it's not in my "job description. For example, my warehouse was large enough to be "zoned" (so you didn't have to search the whole goddamn place for parts), I was known to work hard, and not bitch, so I often got stuck filling in for zones that were short handed. This involves running around like a chicken with your head cut off, getting bitched at by the normal zone workers who are used to a faster pace etc. Why did I do it willingly? I was getting paid.

That being said, it's disgusting how weak people get. I honestly don't know how an adult male could be so weak. 20 some year olds who bench with dimes on each side?

Just wondering. How many of you here carry your own groceries to your car? Not trying to start another argument but they have staff there who get paid to carry your groceries out and load them in your car.

Yeah no shit.

And like, at the warehouse, I was only a young kid, and I'd get bitched at for the dockworkers for loading the totes too full with rotors. Jesus, if my half-pubescent as can lug it, so can a grown man who works on a loading dock. Sheeeit.

CarnalSalvation said:
Yeah no shit.

And like, at the warehouse, I was only a young kid, and I'd get bitched at for the dockworkers for loading the totes too full with rotors. Jesus, if my half-pubescent as can lug it, so can a grown man who works on a loading dock. Sheeeit.

The old fucks at my warehouse are all strong as hell!

The only guy at my warehouse who was strong was an ex-con named Tion. To be fair, he was REALLY strong, not just strong.

Sonny said:
Just wondering. How many of you here carry your own groceries to your car? Not trying to start another argument but they have staff there who get paid to carry your groceries out and load them in your car.

Not only do I carry my own groceries, I bag them myself. And I don't drive home, I walk.

ghostwipe said:
Not only do I carry my own groceries, I bag them myself. And I don't drive home, I walk.

Same here, my grocery store is 5 blocks away!

Yeah, mine's about that far too. In Japan they make you bag your own, too.

ghostwipe said:
Yeah, mine's about that far too. In Japan they make you bag your own, too.

Here some of them bag them for you and some are do it yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back