Most Pathetic Thing I've Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Swanson

Excitement’s my game
@plutonium
Reaction score
I work at a furniture/appliances warehouse mainly doing shipping and recieving with some delivery work here and there. We also supply small appliances (microwaves) and furniture accessories like lamps/vases and shit like that. Anyways, late Friday afternoon after a day of unloading refrigerators some guy shows up to pick up a set of lamps that he ordered. This guy was in the neighbourhood of 18-20 years old and about 5'11" tall at 160-180 lbs. says he was picking these lamps up for his gf or some shit like that. So I bring this box out which probably weighed close to 20 lbs. and give it to this guy who proceeds to struggle with it like a 5 year old child would. He puts it down and says, "That's too heavy I might hurt myself, can you carry it to my car for me?" His car was like 20 feet away from the loading bay. I seriously thought I was on camera or something and started laughing but I quickly shut up when I realized that this pathetic cunt was 100% serious. I was in a bad mood so I said, "This thing barely weighs 20 lbs. and you want me to carry it? Are you sick or something??" To make him feel like even more of a queer I got one of the 100 lb. girls who work in our office to carry it to this pussy's car!

Now before you ask, "Well maybe he had some sort of condition or something?" I'll say this, I'm probably over-estimating the weight of this box but anyone who can steer a fucking automobile should have the motor capabilities to carry this box 20 feet! I had a 70 year old granny carry a microwave to her car once.

I don't usually post rants like this but this guy depressed the shit out of me. Seriously I would rather be dead than be like that. He had a really nice car and lives in one of the richer parts of town so he'll probably get married and populate the earth with at least 2 or 3 extremely weak children.

Sorry for the rant but I know most of you guys could relate in some way with me on this!

that's right. you shoulda thrown him through his windshield. There's nothing i hate more than weak, lazy yuppie sonsabitches.

Sonny said:
I had a 70 year old granny carry a microwave to her car once.

You are a cold hearted bastard. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sean S said:
You are a cold hearted bastard. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why? She insisted! I was like, "It's ok ma'am, I'll take that for you," and she responded with "Nonsense, I've lifted heavier than that!" She had no problems loading it into her Ford Crown Victoria.

She must have a bowflex or something. :wink:

But yes, I am a cold hearted bastard!!!

i am also wondering why you are making the elderly carry their own appliances to their vehicles.

posted before i saw your response. in that case you should have knocked her to the floor and screamed "i was just trying to help you ungrateful cunt!"

batman69 said:

i am also wondering why you are making the elderly carry their own appliances to their vehicles.

posted before i saw your response. in that case you should have knocked her to the floor and screamed "i was just trying to help you ungrateful cunt!"

HAHAHA!! I was seriously impressed with her strength though. She would've given that Mangina a serious lashing had she seen just what a weak bitch he was!!!

The most pathetic thing you have seen is somebody who didnt want to do your job for you?

I buy furniture all the time and make people carry it out for me. Thats what they get paid for.

Its funny, just the other day I bought a table and the sales lady takes me to the back and points to a box on the floor and says, "I had somebody get it down for you". Like, I was to be grateful that they went out of there way. I told her thats great now why dont you get somebody to take it to my car.

She gets a confused look on her face like I am crazy, and says "but were kind of busy and the box only weighs about 40 pounds." As she puts her hand on my arm, like she wants to fuck me if I pick up this box. So I told her fine, I picked up the box and got about an inch of dust all over my work clothes, proceeded to walk out of the store running into and knocking over as many dislpays as I could, got to the front of the store dropped the box and said you know what I think I changed my mind.

Reminds me of the time a Valet guy threw me my keys and points and says your cars right there. The fucking nerve of some people, I am surprised you didnt expect him to tip you for all your help.

BFNM, you're kind of a jerk aren't you? It may be their job, but if they don't want to do it, don't go to them any more; clearly they don't care about customer service. Maybe they really ARE extremely understaffed. Knocking shit over and bumping into things on purpose isn't gonna make you look like somebody they should be learning lessons from, it's gonna make you look like a self important, obnoxious asshole they want nothing to do with. Business rotate around people doing business with them, as such, there are more appropriate ways to deal with your situation. You can report them to the manager, not use their establishment, or shut the fuck up and carry a 40 lb box to your fucking car.

I always carry my own stuff out to the car. If it's too heavy, I will ask for a hand but not for them to do it by themselves. I feel bad making people do things for me, especially if I can help.

Today was my day off from working and lifting. Well, I ended up helping my dad's friend move couches, tv's, beds, and some other heavy ass desks and stuff. I spent only 4 hours over there but Jesus Christ it was hard.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
The most pathetic thing you have seen is somebody who didnt want to do your job for you?

My job is shipping and recieving, not customer carry-outs. Seriously, if you saw this box you would understand!!! At least, I hope to god you would understand!!

Dude, hear me out here. A 40lb. table is one thing, but this box was beyond fucking light, it was almost floating. And I hear you about dirty boxes! If this box was covered in dirt of course I would've carried it out because this guy was in his good clothes and I was in coveralls!

Urban said:
Maybe they really ARE extremely understaffed.

We are REALLY understaffed. 4 of our regular guys are on holidays and I've been having a hell of a time with the trucker's strike!!

Urban said:
BFNM, you're kind of a jerk aren't you? It may be their job, but if they don't want to do it, don't go to them any more; clearly they don't care about customer service. Maybe they really ARE extremely understaffed. Knocking shit over and bumping into things on purpose isn't gonna make you look like somebody they should be learning lessons from, it's gonna make you look like a self important, obnoxious asshole they want nothing to do with. Business rotate around people doing business with them, as such, there are more appropriate ways to deal with your situation. You can report them to the manager, not use their establishment, or shut the fuck up and carry a 40 lb box to your fucking car.

No, I am not a jerk at all. I dont want to bust my ass all day at work, then go and try to do something simple like buy and pay for a table, only to find out I have to do somebody's elses job while I am at it.

I dont think that is asking for to much, without being labeled a jerk or a queer.

Trust me I get this shit all the time, why does it matter how young you are or if you drive a nice car?

The manager at the store where I bought the table from agreed, he thought what I did was rather funny, it wasnt the store policy to have customers carry boxes from the back out through the store (in fact I dont know of any store who would have that policy, I dont think there insurance company would be all that crazy about it either). The manager apologized, gave me cash back and said he would knock 10% off the price of the table to cover my dry cleaning bill, if i still wanted it.

Sonny, its just the principal of things. Like I said, another time I had a business meeting at lunch, I didnt want to spend 1 hour looking for a parking spot and have to walk a mile in the hot sun in my suit, so I just valeted, paid 10 bucks and went inside. Well, my buisness meeting gets done and we all walk out( a group of about 20), we all have valet tickets and I was the first to hand mine to the guy, he just looks at me because I was the youngest(or looked the youngest) throws me my keys and points down the isle where my car is parked. Like I was just supposed to say oh thanks " I really didnt know what my car looked like, thanks for pointing that out."

So now I had to go out of my way to help this clown out so he didnt have 20 people waiting for that long. So here I am holding my keys, while he runs off to get another car. I was like wtf, isnt this what I paid and planned on tipping this guy for. So now I am standing around like a jackass in front of potential clients thinking is this guy serious. So the guy pulls up with my boss's car, gets out and see's me still standing there with my keys in hand, and is about to say something, before he can get a word out, my boss says go get your manager we all want refunds on our parking. The manager comes out my boss tells him what happened and we all got our 10 bucks back, and my boss gave me a ride to my car.

See, its not the fact that I wasnt capable of walking to my car, or lifting the box the table came in. Its the principle of thing, I dont like having to pay for something than being forced to complete somebody else's job. Then being made feel like I am an asshole because of it.

Maybe you think this guy is a queer or whatever, and Urban can think I am a jerk, but what's right is right. It doesnt matter how young this guys was, or what kind of car he drove, or how much money he had. Maybe, he just didnt think it was right that he had to help out when somebody is getting paid to do it. Then getting laughed at and ridiculed in the process, and you just writing it off as he is a yuppy.

I know it may sound small and Inconsequential to you, but sometimes something as simple as picking up a box can get under your skin, when you put up with that shit everyday.

Just trying to maybe show you the other side of things.

By the way, tell that girl thank you for carrying the box to my car. It was very sweet of her.

Sonny said:
I work at a furniture/appliances warehouse mainly doing shipping and recieving with some delivery work here and there. We also supply small appliances (microwaves) and furniture accessories like lamps/vases and shit like that. Anyways, late Friday afternoon after a day of unloading refrigerators some guy shows up to pick up a set of lamps that he ordered. This guy was in the neighbourhood of 18-20 years old and about 5'11" tall at 160-180 lbs. says he was picking these lamps up for his gf or some shit like that. So I bring this box out which probably weighed close to 20 lbs. and give it to this guy who proceeds to struggle with it like a 5 year old child would. He puts it down and says, "That's too heavy I might hurt myself, can you carry it to my car for me?" His car was like 20 feet away from the loading bay. I seriously thought I was on camera or something and started laughing but I quickly shut up when I realized that this pathetic cunt was 100% serious. I was in a bad mood so I said, "This thing barely weighs 20 lbs. and you want me to carry it? Are you sick or something??" To make him feel like even more of a queer I got one of the 100 lb. girls who work in our office to carry it to this pussy's car!

Now before you ask, "Well maybe he had some sort of condition or something?" I'll say this, I'm probably over-estimating the weight of this box but anyone who can steer a fucking automobile should have the motor capabilities to carry this box 20 feet! I had a 70 year old granny carry a microwave to her car once.

I don't usually post rants like this but this guy depressed the shit out of me. Seriously I would rather be dead than be like that. He had a really nice car and lives in one of the richer parts of town so he'll probably get married and populate the earth with at least 2 or 3 extremely weak children.

Sorry for the rant but I know most of you guys could relate in some way with me on this!

lets pray that his wife is a healthy bodybuilder or something

i love work-a-day schlubs who fucked around too much in school and now work moving furniture. maybe one day youll break through and make assistant shipping and receiving manager. until then youll have to settle for making fun of people who want you to do your job and perhaps have a condition, or are just not as gifted as your tough guido ass.

BFNM: if you really took the box all the way to the front of the store and then said you didnt want it, thats fucking awesome. ive been on both sides of the counter in terms of shitty retail jobs and also receiving shipping and all i can say is if people are too fuckin lazy to do it they should quit, like i did. its obnoxious and people are always asking outrageous things of you. but youre the one getting paid, so sack up or stay at home and fuck yourself if you dont want to work. im fuckin tired of pro union blue collar slobs sitting around soaking up wages.

oops, wrong forum.

carped33z said:
i love work-a-day schlubs who fucked around too much in school and now work moving furniture. maybe one day youll break through and make assistant shipping and receiving manager. until then youll have to settle for making fun of people who want you to do your job and perhaps have a condition, or are just not as gifted as your tough guido ass.

BFNM: if you really took the box all the way to the front of the store and then said you didnt want it, thats fucking awesome. ive been on both sides of the counter in terms of shitty retail jobs and also receiving shipping and all i can say is if people are too fuckin lazy to do it they should quit, like i did. its obnoxious and people are always asking outrageous things of you. but youre the one getting paid, so sack up or stay at home and fuck yourself if you dont want to work. im fuckin tired of pro union blue collar slobs sitting around soaking up wages.

oops, wrong forum.

Are you shitting on people with REAL fucking jobs??? Thats cold man. the do more good in this society than most assholes behind a desk. I should know I sit behind a desk and Im no use to anyone ore anything, just a freerider on people with real jobs.

I dont have anything against people who wark hard, even if they sit behind a desk, but shitting on manual labour gets me hostile...

yeah
im an electrician and its a well paid job that is kinda looked down upon by silly cunts in offices
i earn more than most of these 120lb cunts in suits and know more than them to.
i had to do a 5 year apprenticeship and some wimp who went through 3 years of uni has the nerve to look down on me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back