Most Pathetic Thing I've Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJJ said:
I wouldn't lift the box for you either. You are capable of doing it yourself and if you can't lift the 40 pounds, then you're a pussy. If it was extremely heavy i would help, like a boxed lawn mower (those are fucking heavy). I work at home depot and i get fuckign pissed when a middle aged guy comes and asks for me to pick up some bags of mulch or soil for him. fuck that, it makes me want to drive the reach truck into his car. Female customers, that's a different story. I do it all the time for them.

You must not have understood the finer points of the story.

Anyways. you just proved my point, why do you get pissed to do your job?

Why, is it always poor me, why dont you stop for a fucking second before you get pissed and maybe try to put yourself in the other guys shoes.

Maybe he has been lifting bags of mulch all day too, just like you. So somehow its his fault that he trys to find somebody to help him, he is paying for it afterall isnt he.

Why is it everybody just assumes everybody else is just a lazy peice of shit, a queer, or a pussy. You know there are some people out there who would be damn glad to have your job and be grateful, not a little whinning bitch.

I am only 5'5' and maybe 160lbs and I can at deadlift at least 180-190lbs depending on my machismo that day without a warm up. The guy has no fucking excuse for being so feeble unless he was conceived with a weak sperm.

I walk a mile and half home everytime I get exercise equipment and generally the equipment is at least 70-80 lbs. If I can do that, there is no reason a taller leaner person should not be able to walk a few feet with a lighter load.

Why does he need an excuse? Do dumb people need an execuse for not being smarter. Maybe, the guy is just a super flamming queer that cant lift 20 pounds, but that is his choice. Why in the fuck does he have to put up with somebody else's bullshit when all he is trying to do is ask somebody to do their job?

it is not his job. He has already said that. If a grown adult male cannot lift 20lbs, he needs to wear a tutu so he can identified him in the future. There's children out there that can lift more than20lbs, for fuck's sake, a grown man being unable to is shameful and an indictment of how effeminate and weak men have became. We are meant to be the stronger, dominant and masculine species yet this guy can't lift 20 lbs. Shit, my girlfriend is 4'11" and she can lift 150... this guy needs to return his balls in the bag they came in.

It's his job if he is carrying the box, or it's his job to get the guy who handles customer loading and unloading.

The customer doesnt know the job description of everybody that works in a wharehouese, he see's a guy carrying a box ask's for help then gets treated like a peice of shit.

Am I fucking crazy here, its not like this guy is asking random people to carry shit for him, he is asking people who are getting paid to do this exact shit.

If you dont like carrying 20 pound boxes for other people, get a job where you dont get paid to move boxes.

I'm not even going to bother posting in this thread anymore because you seem to have selective ignorance. He doesn't have a job where he moves 20lbs boxes, but that seems to be beyond you. By your logic, if a postman carries a heavy parcel to one door, he shouldn't complain if he has two dozen more to deliver, even though his job is to deliver mail and not parcels. But whatever, you hate valets and everyone should do what they are told if they aren't a suit and are capable of doing things lazier/weaker people aren't able to.

Did you even read his post, he wasnt just complaining he started laughing at the guy then made the guy wait so he could have a girl come out and help him with the box. He even said he tried to make the guy feel like a queer.

Thats not what I expect to happen when I pay for something.

Shit this thread is getting out of hand! Urban you might as well close it before it's gets really fucking ugly!!

Funkster said:
Can't you people just laugh at a story about some guy being a complete pussy without turning it into an argument that's basically irrelevent to the original point?

Getting the 100lb woman to lift it for him was a nice touch. Subtle yet brutal.

That's what I was going for here, but I enjoy other people's point of view.

Simple point... If people didn't have to be lazy or disabled like BFNM or the lamp man, there wouldn't need to be someone being paid to carry crap for people. The money you spend goes towards those employees. Things cost less with fewer employees.

There are other sides to the coin, but come on...

i just realised what story this reminds me of. a friend of mine got a job at a 7-11 when he was a teenager. on his first day he was super hung over and not having any fun at his new job. a woman bought a box of crackers. he rang her up, gave her the proper change and then went back to his soda. the woman just stood there staring at him, so he just stood there staring at her. finally she said, "aren't you going to give me a bag for my purchase?", to which he replied "lady, the crackers are in a plastic wrapper which is in a box, how much packaging do you need for one box of crackers?". she of course got mad and complained to the manager. my friend was relieved of his duties. yes from what we come to expect of customer service my friend should have just bagged the box and been done with it. there is a point at which it just inane though, where it's more about expecting service personel to grovel and hop to your every command instead of what makes life a little easier for you as a consumer.

bfnm, you remind me of this, where if you even pay a dollar for something you expect the person fall over themselves to make sure you are satisfied with their performance. maybe i'm wrong, but it sounds like i really would prefer to not have you as a client.

If you think merchandise would be cheaper if people carried out their own boxes of furniture through crowded stores, why dont you go ask the insurance company for that store, how they feel about that bright idea.

Whatever, no wonder why so many jobs are getting outsourced and so many companies hiring illegal immigrants. Unreal, people getting pissed when asked for help by customers.

For fucks sake, you guys are working in fucking retail, and you somehow think your jobs are stressful. LMFAO.

I serioulsy cant believe somebody working retail @ Home Depot thinks its outrageous that a customer asks him to help him load something. That is just fucking priceless, if you get pissed over something as simple as that, you are in for quite a shock if you ever land a job with real responsibilities.

Like I said, there are plenty of people who would kill for that job and be grateful. I know people who probably make half of what you do, and work 10 times as hard, and they are just glad they are lucky enough to even be employed. They dont bitch about doing there job, they try to do the best damn job they can so they can keep it. They would kill to work for a company like home depot, not have to work in the sun, get medical insurance, vacations, sick pay.

But you get pissed because you have to go out of your way to help a customer, good fucking lord.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
If you think merchandise would be cheaper if people carried out their own boxes of furniture through crowded stores, why dont you go ask the insurance company for that store, how they feel about that bright idea.

Whatever, no wonder why so many jobs are getting outsourced and so many companies hiring illegal immigrants. Unreal, people getting pissed when asked for help by customers.

For fucks sake, you guys are working in fucking retail, and you somehow think your jobs are stressful. LMFAO.

I serioulsy cant believe somebody working retail @ Home Depot thinks its outrageous that a customer asks him to help him load something. That is just fucking priceless, if you get pissed over something as simple as that, you are in for quite a shock if you ever land a job with real responsibilities.

Like I said, there are plenty of people who would kill for that job and be grateful. I know people who probably make half of what you do, and work 10 times as hard, and they are just glad they are lucky enough to even be employed. They dont bitch about doing there job, they try to do the best damn job they can so they can keep it. They would kill to work for a company like home depot, not have to work in the sun, get medical insurance, vacations, sick pay.

But you get pissed because you have to go out of your way to help a customer, good fucking lord.

If you are that desperate for a job at home depot then you should just kill yourself. Fuckin losers.

As far as this issue as a whole, I can see getting mad at an employee somewhere if they do something disrespectful like the vallet, but if you are capable of carrying your own fuckin merchandise then you need to do that. What kind of man are you to ask for help when you don't need it? Employee's carry things for women/children/elderly/handicapped ect ect...Have some self respect. I sure as hell don't want some geek to carry something to my car for me and look like a total douche.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
You must not have understood the finer points of the story.

Anyways. you just proved my point, why do you get pissed to do your job?

Why, is it always poor me, why dont you stop for a fucking second before you get pissed and maybe try to put yourself in the other guys shoes.

Maybe he has been lifting bags of mulch all day too, just like you. So somehow its his fault that he trys to find somebody to help him, he is paying for it afterall isnt he.

Why is it everybody just assumes everybody else is just a lazy peice of shit, a queer, or a pussy. You know there are some people out there who would be damn glad to have your job and be grateful, not a little whinning bitch.

It's not my job. I work in Paints. Not seasonal.

Also, put myself in the other guys shoes? I never ask for help in a store unless i absolutely need it. I can lift mulch bags, a 40 lb box myself. I dont need any assistance. Lastly, this is America, almsot everyone is a fat lazy pos anymore. the assumption is always going to be there.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
The most pathetic thing you have seen is somebody who didnt want to do your job for you?

I buy furniture all the time and make people carry it out for me. Thats what they get paid for.

Its funny, just the other day I bought a table and the sales lady takes me to the back and points to a box on the floor and says, "I had somebody get it down for you". Like, I was to be grateful that they went out of there way. I told her thats great now why dont you get somebody to take it to my car.

She gets a confused look on her face like I am crazy, and says "but were kind of busy and the box only weighs about 40 pounds." As she puts her hand on my arm, like she wants to fuck me if I pick up this box. So I told her fine, I picked up the box and got about an inch of dust all over my work clothes, proceeded to walk out of the store running into and knocking over as many dislpays as I could, got to the front of the store dropped the box and said you know what I think I changed my mind.

Reminds me of the time a Valet guy threw me my keys and points and says your cars right there. The fucking nerve of some people, I am surprised you didnt expect him to tip you for all your help.

you sound like a homo

BoxingFanNoMore said:
Did you even read his post, he wasnt just complaining he started laughing at the guy then made the guy wait so he could have a girl come out and help him with the box. He even said he tried to make the guy feel like a queer.

Thats not what I expect to happen when I pay for something.

I personally give less then a shit about what you expect. However, I'll humor your pompous ass.
What you should expect is to get the merchandise you pay for in working condition and some assistance getting the merchandise to your vehicle if NEEDED.

What you shouldn't expect is that just because you walk in and drop a lousy $20 bucks(whatever the amount) on some ugly 20lb lamps that all the help in the store will rush over and ask if you want help carrying the little things out to your car.
Perhaps they could spitshine your ass while their at it???

HELP is there for those who NEED it.

SHEEEESSHHHH!!!

end thread!

He must have something wrong with him. Either that of he deserves to die.

This is why you work in shipping and Home Depot jobs and probably won't go much further than that untill you change your attitudes. People who are successful know when they have to suck it up and do something they don't like and take bullshit without complaining about it. Instead of whining they do all they can to please their clients and do the best job they can. Sounds like some people need to get over their egos a little bit.

Ude_Garami said:
This is why you work in shipping and Home Depot jobs and probably won't go much further than that untill you change your attitudes. People who are successful know when they have to suck it up and do something they don't like and take bullshit without complaining about it. Instead of whining they do all they can to please their clients and do the best job they can. Sounds like some people need to get over their egos a little bit.

Sounds about right to me.

But common sense doesnt really go to far around here.

Its a me,me,me mentality. It's not my job, I dont need help so why should I give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back