Most Pathetic Thing I've Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoxingFanNoMore said:
No, I am not a jerk at all. I dont want to bust my ass all day at work, then go and try to do something simple like buy and pay for a table, only to find out I have to do somebody's elses job while I am at it.

I dont think that is asking for to much, without being labeled a jerk or a queer.

Trust me I get this shit all the time, why does it matter how young you are or if you drive a nice car?

The manager at the store where I bought the table from agreed, he thought what I did was rather funny, it wasnt the store policy to have customers carry boxes from the back out through the store (in fact I dont know of any store who would have that policy, I dont think there insurance company would be all that crazy about it either). The manager apologized, gave me cash back and said he would knock 10% off the price of the table to cover my dry cleaning bill, if i still wanted it.

Sonny, its just the principal of things. Like I said, another time I had a business meeting at lunch, I didnt want to spend 1 hour looking for a parking spot and have to walk a mile in the hot sun in my suit, so I just valeted, paid 10 bucks and went inside. Well, my buisness meeting gets done and we all walk out( a group of about 20), we all have valet tickets and I was the first to hand mine to the guy, he just looks at me because I was the youngest(or looked the youngest) throws me my keys and points down the isle where my car is parked. Like I was just supposed to say oh thanks " I really didnt know what my car looked like, thanks for pointing that out."

So now I had to go out of my way to help this clown out so he didnt have 20 people waiting for that long. So here I am holding my keys, while he runs off to get another car. I was like wtf, isnt this what I paid and planned on tipping this guy for. So now I am standing around like a jackass in front of potential clients thinking is this guy serious. So the guy pulls up with my boss's car, gets out and see's me still standing there with my keys in hand, and is about to say something, before he can get a word out, my boss says go get your manager we all want refunds on our parking. The manager comes out my boss tells him what happened and we all got our 10 bucks back, and my boss gave me a ride to my car.

See, its not the fact that I wasnt capable of walking to my car, or lifting the box the table came in. Its the principle of thing, I dont like having to pay for something than being forced to complete somebody else's job. Then being made feel like I am an asshole because of it.

Maybe you think this guy is a queer or whatever, and Urban can think I am a jerk, but what's right is right. It doesnt matter how young this guys was, or what kind of car he drove, or how much money he had. Maybe, he just didnt think it was right that he had to help out when somebody is getting paid to do it. Then getting laughed at and ridiculed in the process, and you just writing it off as he is a yuppy.

I know it may sound small and Inconsequential to you, but sometimes something as simple as picking up a box can get under your skin, when you put up with that shit everyday.

Just trying to maybe show you the other side of things.

sorry youre still a dick. the valet story is obnoxious, but seriously if youre afraid to carry your own shit out to your car youre retarded. youre gonna have to take the box out of your car and walk it into your house anyways so man up. it isnt really the salespersons job to carry all your shit around, theyre just there to do it if you need it. youre the kind of customer retail people dont want around, the kind that comes into a place thinking they have to do nothing. sorry, being a customer means having a little bit or respect for the people working there. it isnt there job to deal with as much shit as they possibly can.

sonny, i think youre story is a bit too far, but i can relate somewhat. my former job used to have 2 tiny women, around 5 foot even and looking like theyre under 100 pounds. sometimes there would be a customer wanting carryout with something. id call for carry out and one of these tiny women would carry it out for them. id be laughing in my head thinking, 'i wonder what they think now?' kinda makes you think when someone half your size is carrying your stuff around.

grappler1979 said:
yeah
im an electrician and its a well paid job that is kinda looked down upon by silly cunts in offices
i earn more than most of these 120lb cunts in suits and know more than them to.
i had to do a 5 year apprenticeship and some wimp who went through 3 years of uni has the nerve to look down on me?

i hear you man. school is easy. work is not.

I don't usually post rants like this but this guy depressed the shit out of me. Seriously I would rather be dead than be like that. He had a really nice car and lives in one of the richer parts of town so he'll probably get married and populate the earth with at least 2 or 3 extremely weak children.

Fuckin inferior breeding. that's some funny shit

Sonny said:
I work at a furniture/appliances warehouse mainly doing shipping and recieving with some delivery work here and there. We also supply small appliances (microwaves) and furniture accessories like lamps/vases and shit like that. Anyways, late Friday afternoon after a day of unloading refrigerators some guy shows up to pick up a set of lamps that he ordered. This guy was in the neighbourhood of 18-20 years old and about 5'11" tall at 160-180 lbs. says he was picking these lamps up for his gf or some shit like that. So I bring this box out which probably weighed close to 20 lbs. and give it to this guy who proceeds to struggle with it like a 5 year old child would. He puts it down and says, "That's too heavy I might hurt myself, can you carry it to my car for me?" His car was like 20 feet away from the loading bay. I seriously thought I was on camera or something and started laughing but I quickly shut up when I realized that this pathetic cunt was 100% serious. I was in a bad mood so I said, "This thing barely weighs 20 lbs. and you want me to carry it? Are you sick or something??" To make him feel like even more of a queer I got one of the 100 lb. girls who work in our office to carry it to this pussy's car!

Now before you ask, "Well maybe he had some sort of condition or something?" I'll say this, I'm probably over-estimating the weight of this box but anyone who can steer a fucking automobile should have the motor capabilities to carry this box 20 feet! I had a 70 year old granny carry a microwave to her car once.

I don't usually post rants like this but this guy depressed the shit out of me. Seriously I would rather be dead than be like that. He had a really nice car and lives in one of the richer parts of town so he'll probably get married and populate the earth with at least 2 or 3 extremely weak children.

Sorry for the rant but I know most of you guys could relate in some way with me on this!

I've seen this before, it's called laziness. People like this know damn well that they can carry a 20lb box 20 ft., but why should they if someone else can do it for em? Lots of douchebags like that work with me.

grappler1979 said:
yeah
im an electrician and its a well paid job that is kinda looked down upon by silly cunts in offices
i earn more than most of these 120lb cunts in suits and know more than them to.
i had to do a 5 year apprenticeship and some wimp who went through 3 years of uni has the nerve to look down on me?

Fuckin A man, fuckin A. I'm an A/V Technician for a school district, this bitch secretary at a school tried to look down on me once, making some blue collar joke, and I just looked at her and let her know that if I'm blue collar, she was no collar because I made more. *sigh* Fucking people...

carped33z said:
i love work-a-day schlubs who fucked around too much in school and now work moving furniture. maybe one day youll break through and make assistant shipping and receiving manager. until then youll have to settle for making fun of people who want you to do your job and perhaps have a condition, or are just not as gifted as your tough guido ass.

Assistant shipping manager makes 70 grand a year where I work. I'm just a grunt there and I really have no aspirations of climbing up the ladder. This just pays the bills for now while I work towards something better. Although I have no problem with people who make this job a career and I've never really asked any of our senior employees if they fucked around too much in highschool.

Seriously, I don't really like the implications you're making about me. I never said I was gifted or tough and I think I work just as hard as anyone else out there. It's just a difference of principles!

BoxingFanNoMore said:
Just trying to maybe show you the other side of things.

Dude I see where you're coming from, believe me I do. Believe it or not but I've also been in your position at times.

Can't you people just laugh at a story about some guy being a complete pussy without turning it into an argument that's basically irrelevent to the original point?

Getting the 100lb woman to lift it for him was a nice touch. Subtle yet brutal.

I guess I still don't get it. Your life sucks so you take it out on other people. Like you've never cut a corner because you're busy and the management doesn't want to shell out money for another (needed) employee. BFNM, I'm sorry but there are a lot of people in the world that are not going to live up to your standards, and luckily this means 2 things:
1) You probably don't have to deal with most of them. Don't give them your patronage, don't be a pussy and park your own car, etc.
2) if you do have to deal with them it will be a good oportunity for you to grow and learn to teach other to be more like your wonderful, high standard holding self. I said it before I'll say it again, nobody is going to want to learn anything from you, emulate any of your behavior, or better themself as a result of you acting like an asshole.
So as much as you're trying to show me the other side, all I see is you trying to justify shitty, reactive, hostile tendencies. you need to relax and focus on being more positive. I suggest reading how to win friends and influence people.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
No, I am not a jerk at all. I dont want to bust my ass all day at work, then go and try to do something simple like buy and pay for a table, only to find out I have to do somebody's elses job while I am at it.

I dont think that is asking for to much, without being labeled a jerk or a queer.

Trust me I get this shit all the time, why does it matter how young you are or if you drive a nice car?blah blah blah blah

I think you are the queerest jerk in the place.

On the other side of the scale I went lifting yesterday and there was this little chinese guy, about 26 who I chat with every now and then. I'm doing incline bench and feeling bad because I haven't lifted in like 2 months and I look over and see this guy, about 5' 9", maybe 65 kg or so lifting 120 kg's for bloody 5 reps, going deep. I was in shock and awe, especially because I'M THE ONE THAT GOT HIM SQUATTING about 6 months ago (and he didn't even use one of those gay foam things across your back).
I welled up inside and a tear of joy ran down my face.

Ian1983 said:
On the other side of the scale I went lifting yesterday and there was this little chinese guy, about 26 who I chat with every now and then. I'm doing incline bench and feeling bad because I haven't lifted in like 2 months and I look over and see this guy, about 5' 9", maybe 65 kg or so lifting 120 kg's for bloody 5 reps, going deep. I was in shock and awe, especially because I'M THE ONE THAT GOT HIM SQUATTING about 6 months ago (and he didn't even use one of those gay foam things across your back).
I welled up inside and a tear of joy ran down my face.

So...did he carry your lamp out to your car for you? :wink:

Sonny said:
I work at a furniture/appliances warehouse mainly doing shipping and recieving with some delivery work here and there. We also supply small appliances (microwaves) and furniture accessories like lamps/vases and shit like that. Anyways, late Friday afternoon after a day of unloading refrigerators some guy shows up to pick up a set of lamps that he ordered. This guy was in the neighbourhood of 18-20 years old and about 5'11" tall at 160-180 lbs. says he was picking these lamps up for his gf or some shit like that. So I bring this box out which probably weighed close to 20 lbs. and give it to this guy who proceeds to struggle with it like a 5 year old child would. He puts it down and says, "That's too heavy I might hurt myself, can you carry it to my car for me?" His car was like 20 feet away from the loading bay. I seriously thought I was on camera or something and started laughing but I quickly shut up when I realized that this pathetic cunt was 100% serious. I was in a bad mood so I said, "This thing barely weighs 20 lbs. and you want me to carry it? Are you sick or something??" To make him feel like even more of a queer I got one of the 100 lb. girls who work in our office to carry it to this pussy's car!

Now before you ask, "Well maybe he had some sort of condition or something?" I'll say this, I'm probably over-estimating the weight of this box but anyone who can steer a fucking automobile should have the motor capabilities to carry this box 20 feet! I had a 70 year old granny carry a microwave to her car once.

Sorry for the rant but I know most of you guys could relate in some way with me on this!
I agree with what your saying but did your hostility help you? What you do to others you do to yourself...he still had someone carry the box, still left with the girlfriend you desire,he still drove the nicer car to the nicer neighborhood...and your still hostile...the pimp move would've been to humbly carry the box to his car with ease and delight assured in your superiority over this person worhty of pity...then the chix will come to you!

BFNM is waaaay to worried about what other people think of him. Secondarily he's lazy outside of doing work that directly puts food in his mouth.
I worked very recently with a guy like that.
I had to listen to his bitching about all his aches and pains on a daily basis.
He actually told me that he had always been weak and puny.
This coming from a guy that struggles to keep under 200lbs. The man simply
refuses to get off his ass at any time other then when he's at work. It's kinda sad
but also kinda funny. I tried to get him in the gym for awhile but he complained that he would just further hurt himself.
I honestly wondered at times if his damn muscles had atrophied. He is only in his early 30's.

Lusst said:
So...did he carry your lamp out to your car for you? :wink:

don't be silly

he put the bar away for me, I mean, it was a good 4 ft to put it away, and he wanted

i worked garden center one summer a while back...

whats worse is when 250 pounds 28 year old ass holes will stand an watch me lift 12 bags of soil at 40 pounds a pop into his over sized pick up truck while i had to fight off old ladies who would insist that they can handle a 200 pound Iron cast urn on their own.

you just get people like that... etiher way ti was my job... i did it.. i personally would have grabbed it with one hand and whistle the whole 20 feet... and smiled at him while looking in his eyes and put it in his car. most guys get the hint.

I've been a shipper and reciever, i've spend 9 hour shifts liftin boxes all day, i was always the smallest guy around and i always lifted more then my share.

on the flip side grappler1979 i now have a white collar job. I'm sick and tired of walking down the street in a suit and have contruction workers act like their real men and REAL men because they work with their hands while thier fat ass's whistle at ever chick they cant get who walks by.

let it slide... you get dicks like that 120 pound ass hole everywhere no matter what team your on. best bet put your keys on a desk on plain sight while you work at his office... from the sounds of it, he's materialistic and porche key chain will shut him up ;)

I've learned a long time ago to knock no man. Cuz you enver know thier story. No body is better then another person until they learn their story. even then it's dumb to assume your better then the next man.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
The most pathetic thing you have seen is somebody who didnt want to do your job for you?

I buy furniture all the time and make people carry it out for me. Thats what they get paid for.

Its funny, just the other day I bought a table and the sales lady takes me to the back and points to a box on the floor and says, "I had somebody get it down for you". Like, I was to be grateful that they went out of there way. I told her thats great now why dont you get somebody to take it to my car.

She gets a confused look on her face like I am crazy, and says "but were kind of busy and the box only weighs about 40 pounds." As she puts her hand on my arm, like she wants to fuck me if I pick up this box. So I told her fine, I picked up the box and got about an inch of dust all over my work clothes, proceeded to walk out of the store running into and knocking over as many dislpays as I could, got to the front of the store dropped the box and said you know what I think I changed my mind.

Reminds me of the time a Valet guy threw me my keys and points and says your cars right there. The fucking nerve of some people, I am surprised you didnt expect him to tip you for all your help.

I wouldn't lift the box for you either. You are capable of doing it yourself and if you can't lift the 40 pounds, then you're a pussy. If it was extremely heavy i would help, like a boxed lawn mower (those are fucking heavy). I work at home depot and i get fuckign pissed when a middle aged guy comes and asks for me to pick up some bags of mulch or soil for him. fuck that, it makes me want to drive the reach truck into his car. Female customers, that's a different story. I do it all the time for them.

Haha, damn so now my life sucks Urban.

Let me give you a little hint, anybody who has time to waste posting on sherdog doesnt have a sucky life.

Sonny obvioulsy got the point I was trying to make. Thats all that matters, not your little comments about being a pussy, or a jerk.

this is fucking funny. we all end up doing something for a living to put food on the table and keep the rain off of heads. people being people will always find a way to look down on someone living a different way. as far as carrying shit to your car. i just grab it and go. thats how i am, i don't do it because i care about the guy making retail money or want to prove something, i just do it. the valet thing is funny cause i went to a steak house in la and they valet park when you pull up. so i said "fuck it" i'll valet my 95 crown vic it will be funny. when i came out my car was parked about 30 feet away so i just had the guy toss me my keys and i walked over to my car. i did that because i would have felt like a jack ass standing there watching a guy walk 30 feet to drive my car to me. that isn't to say anyone who waits is an asshole. everyone's different and for me its waiting for someone to do something i can easily do in the time it takes to wait for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back