Media Merab Dvalishvili: 'Umar Nurmagomedov doesn't deserve to fight Cory Sandhagen!'

Who should Corey fight though? Look at the rest of the top 10.
Merab should have a title shot. Sterling is at FW. He already fought Yan and Chito. Cejudo, Yadong and Font are all behind him and off losses. That only leaves 17-0 #10 Umar and #8 Fig, who is on a 1 fight win streak.
TBH, Cory should have gotten a crack before chito even, and I say this as someone who knows full well that merab is the actual guy.

the fight I thought made sense was Figgy vs Sandhagen

evrybody evrybody
listen
evrybody listen evrybody

TBH, Cory should have gotten a crack before chito even, and I say this as someone who knows full well that merab is the actual guy.

the fight I thought made sense was Figgy vs Sandhagen
I think, ideally, you'd want people to be on similar levels. Sandhagen should need 1 keep busy fight at most and is already eliminator status and I don't think it's the case with either Umar or Fig

I think, ideally, you'd want people to be on similar levels. Sandhagen should need 1 keep busy fight at most and is already eliminator status and I don't think it's the case with either Umar or Fig
Fig Just beat font and in very decisive fashion, he showed to be top 5 ready IMO.

Why is Merab watching Umar’s pocket? That is some dirty shit. Nobody is saying Umar deserves a TS before you Merab calm down and focus on yourself

Oh Merab just doesn’t want Umar near the title shot while he has the belt cause he knows Umar has a good chance of snatching it from him. We all know Umar beats Sandhagen.

Explosive dominant path to the top by beating . . . non top 10 fighters.

If Merab needs to learn how to finish people, then so does Umar. Merab and Umar have the same amount of KOs in the UFC. Umar has a couple subs but they're against guys who lose most of their fights by SUB. Kelleher has been subbed 8 times haha.

Merab only has lots of decisions because he's fighting way better comp than Umar is. Umar couldn't even finish Maness or that guy that dropped him the other week which saw him resort to panic-blanketing for 3 rounds.
Non top 15 fighters*

The hype this guy is getting by beating people that aren’t even ranked is crazy. I’d love to know if any of the unranked people he beat were ever ranked at any point in their careers. I think kelleher may have been

Non top 15 fighters*

The hype this guy is getting by beating people that aren’t even ranked is crazy. I’d love to know if any of the unranked people he beat were ever ranked at any point in their careers. I think kelleher may have been

Yeh, Kelleher and Maness might have been at some point. Don't think any were top 10 or anything.

Merab Dvalishvili: 'Umar Nurmagomedov doesn't deserve to fight Cory Sandhagen!'

I generally agree with that logic but North Caucasian fighters have proven time and time again that they follow different patterns. Plus Umar has the last name.

He will never be a champ because unlike LW, BW has some nice wrestlers

Merab of all people saying this, lol.

Explosive dominant path to the top by beating . . . non top 10 fighters.

If Merab needs to learn how to finish people, then so does Umar. Merab and Umar have the same amount of KOs in the UFC. Umar has a couple subs but they're against guys who lose most of their fights by SUB. Kelleher has been subbed 8 times haha.

Merab only has lots of decisions because he's fighting way better comp than Umar is. Umar couldn't even finish Maness or that guy that dropped him the other week which saw him resort to panic-blanketing for 3 rounds.
That‘s really a poor man‘s take. If that‘s what Umar does when he‘s dropped then he s invincible. Have you seen the perfection in his single legs? He could have the best TDs in the UFC right now and he put a masterclass last week.

That‘s really a poor man‘s take. If that‘s what Umar does when he‘s dropped then he s invincible. Have you seen the perfection in his single legs? He could have the best TDs in the UFC right now and he put a masterclass last week.

A master class in wrestling against a guy who clearly wasn't much of a wrestler lol. Amazing. Definitely wasn't a masterclass in MMA as he didn't want to trade at all with that guy. And that guy wasn't some elite fighter. It's a lot easier to look dominant when you're not fighting the best fighters.

And no, hitting a takedown when you're rocked on a guy who clearly isn't that much of a wrestler doesn't make you "invincible" lol. That makes no sense at all.

No one cared when BSD ranked #12 fought Poirier ranked #3 because the other guys didn't want to take it (source: his manager said they offered BSD to all ranked LWs with no fight scheduled, Hooker and Dariush refused)
No one cared when GDM ranked #11 fought Burns ranked #4
Nurmagomedov is ranked #10 and calls out Sandhagen ranked #3. This is not exactly something that has never been seen

Back