Me performing an ITF Taekwondo straight punch

And here's my Western Boxing variation of that punch.

Bruce Lee wrote about how he superior it is to the Karate systems yet refused to fully embrace it in his own JKD.

<Durant35>Karate systems covers a lot of ground. Boxing, however, is inferior to karate. Why? Philosophy.

<Durant35>Karate systems covers a lot of ground. Boxing, however, is inferior to karate. Why? Philosophy.

Until it comes to an actual fight and the Karate guy is laying on the ground wondering why his nose is broken

Until it comes to an actual fight and the Karate guy is laying on the ground wondering why his nose is broken
And... you left out hooker, krooker, booker went on a post fight journey to the hospital.<4> Violence pays, man.

Bruce Lee wrote about how he superior it is to the Karate systems yet refused to fully embrace it in his own JKD.

Keep that left hand higher, and snap the right back to guard faster. Even when you’re demoing or what ever this is you should practice good habits.

snap the right back to guard faster. Even when you’re demoing or what ever this is you should practice good habits.

I don't like doing that it if it's fully commited, since it might induce pulling your punches. Need less to say if I shadow box in motion I don't strike that tensed

I don't like doing that it if it's fully commited, since it might induce pulling your punches. Need less to say if I shadow box in motion I don't strike that tensed
it helps keeps you safe From counter punches. It won’t make you pull punches

So if I really time and gun for a shot I might not do it.

Absolutely love your face coming out of the blurred zone. Comedy genius.

Keep that left hand higher, and snap the right back to guard faster. Even when you’re demoing or what ever this is you should practice good habits.

Many, many years ago, I would lower my right when retracting it, in an arc. Not intentionally, but you, know, lazily dropping it when I returned it. I'm sure you know what I mean, it's common.

I had a pad holder who smacked me in the head with the left, over and over when that right would come back lazily.

Not surprisingly, it helped. I'm no pro boxer, but when it goes out, it comes right back to my cheek in a straight line now lol

Back