Me performing an ITF Taekwondo straight punch

I don't think you can improve it. It is what is up to a certain biological age and then it gets dog shit. My average compared to what it used to be is dog shit. That's a huge disadvantage against an evenly matched opponent.

I'm 29 years old and I'm currently drunk.

Then your result defies everything known about cognitition. Congrats!

Cognition can still be trained. I'm not tanked drunk. But after realizing the Santa comes out at 5 or 8 seconds most often it's not hard to guess when he might fire. These tests are not an accurate reading for reflexes unless you go of your very first attempt.

Out of all the combat sports, especially striking, boxing is the worst one to age in because punches come so fast and in chains. When kickboxing I didn't notice any degradation. You probably develop muscle memory to react to punches and kicks, which helps, but to start in the sport age 30 is not recommended. Wrestling I could actually do better in matches, but recoveries are brutal.

Out of all the combat sports, especially striking, boxing is the worst one to age in because punches come so fast and in chains. When kickboxing I didn't notice any degradation. You probably develop muscle memory to react to punches and kicks, which helps, but to start in the sport age 30 is not recommended. Wrestling I could actually do better in matches, but recoveries are brutal.

Jess Willard turned pro at 30 and he became HW champion.

I thought you were a once in a lifetime talent?

Here's my Aikido anecdote that you guys will enjoy.

We had sumo+ wrestling as a sport in high school on a mat. So you can win either way... An Aikido expert/Steven Seagal fan said he was going to beat me. His girlfriend pleaded with him to not do it in front of me.

We got the mat out, a referee said go.... and I decided to do the most humiliating thing possible, so i bear hugged him and simply lifted him out while he dangled like a fish that just got captured. I didn't see jack shit Aikido in that exchange. All the stories I've heard since then all sound the same. The aikido dude takes on a challenge then shows ZERO Aikido. It's apparently so useless it can't even be used as a failed method?

It doesn't help that my girlfriend does professional drag racing and I often use her training machine for timings (which surprise surprise involves pressing a button the moment the tree lights up).
That’s pretty rad. She’s a keeper
I'm 29 years old and I'm currently drunk.
You might be my new favorite f11 poster. And when I read your name now I read it in an Australian accent. Well done my dude

thanks for posting the vids, but tbh with you, i would like to see a bit longer vids (30s or so) and watch you do some combos and using footwork.
Can you please post it bro ?
Cheers

Here's my Aikido anecdote that you guys will enjoy.

We had sumo+ wrestling as a sport in high school on a mat. So you can win either way... An Aikido expert/Steven Seagal fan said he was going to beat me. His girlfriend pleaded with him to not do it in front of me.

We got the mat out, a referee said go.... and I decided to do the most humiliating thing possible, so i bear hugged him and simply lifted him out while he dangled like a fish that just got captured. I didn't see jack shit Aikido in that exchange. All the stories I've heard since then all sound the same. The aikido dude takes on a challenge then shows ZERO Aikido. It's apparently so useless it can't even be used as a failed method?

Now we move on to the wrestler.

To put it in perspective. I was the boss when it came to physical education and a complete narcissist. I did have friends but they hated my competitive spirit.

So here comes mr wrestler. He wins first time around convincingly. All I remember is that it was fast and I just wasn't used to that level.

Second match.... maybe a week later. I'm so adrenalized I can climb mount everest. I know in the back of my head that this shouldn't be possible but he is not going to beat me a second time. There's no way...

We get the mat in place, referee yells go. He goes for a double leg takedown, I stuff him, he gets up slowly but surely and we do fist grappling for a good 2 minutes. The referee and the public is going crazy in the background. Nobody can gain the upperhand. We are also both in excellent condition.

I feel like I'm wrestling glue. The dude does not get off me. I eventually get position and by pure retard strength throw him, and pretty darn far too. I can't stay inside the mat doing this, so I land outside as well, on my forearms. The wrestler crashes head first, gets up (incredibly).

Referee calls it a NC. Wrestler says he's OK. no excuses. He and I never wrestle again lol..

thanks for posting the vids, but tbh with you, i would like to see a bit longer vids (30s or so) and watch you do some combos and using footwork.
Can you please post it bro ?
Cheers

I feel like a camgirl now.

Same clip everytime.

As I said last time that was my first spar back after 7 years off;

I wasn't in the habit of collecting clips when I was competing before but I wish I had as I was definitely a gym fighter.

As I said last time that was my first spar back after 7 years off;

I wasn't in the habit of collecting clips when I was competing before but I wish I had as I was definitely a gym fighter.

I'm not pissing my pants but not too shabby. Is your juijtsu from a MMA gym?

Back