Maycee "the Future Bust" Barber just lost to........

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Barber popped her knee early in the fight? Probably sustained an injuring during camp or something.

Nah fam I flat out don't believe you. Definitely is one of those post your bet slips or GTFO situations.

Don’t care. Man I had a multi on and they all came through. I don’t bet huge tho.

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Barber popped her knee early in the fight? Probably sustained an injuring during camp or something.

She popped it early second round. And tbh it was probably just a slight strain.

Roxxy was teeing off on her before her “popped” knee.

stfu

the disrespect to Roxy just aint a cool look

Using the word legend kind of liberally there fam.
I dunno – she's not one of the all time greats, but she is more or less the only one from the old guard of WMMA who still manages to find success in the UFC. Roxanne started fighting in 2003. In WMMA that's basically the dark ages, UFC 1 type stuff. Her still being relevant and adding new wrinkles to her game is super impressive.

I wasn't totally shocked, Roxanne has improved so much in the past few years and is one of the more skilled grapplers in the division. I would of favored Maycee but the bookies numbers were way off.

I dunno – she's not one of the all time greats, but she is more or less the only one from the old guard of WMMA who still manages to find success in the UFC. Roxanne started fighting in 2003. In WMMA that's basically the dark ages, UFC 1 type stuff. Her still being relevant and adding new wrinkles to her game is super impressive.
Still iffy man maybe you could say early pioneer or something legend just sounds wrong, best thing you can say about her is she's got heart.

I wasn't totally shocked, Roxanne has improved so much in the past few years and is one of the more skilled grapplers in the division. I would of favored Maycee but the bookies numbers were way off.
Think they just massively overestimated Maycee tbh all this talk about her being the youngest UFC champ is even funnier in hindsight.

Yes, because Roxy was beating her ass before that.

Yep. As far as I know, Roxy and the Shevchenko sisters are the only active fighters in the UFC who were fighting MMA in the early 2000s. All the other women started 5-10 years after them.

When the doc examined her knee, her thigh was really fat.

Yes, because Roxy was beating her ass before that.

He wasn't beating her ass....just winning dominant positions. After Barber's knee popped it got much worse.

No. Roxy wouldn’t have had such a dominant performance if it hadn’t been for that.

Are we going to ignore the fact that Roxy still comfortably won the first round before Maycee blew her knee? Are we going to just assume that Maycee had a previous injury based on speculation? Are we going to ignore that nobody is fresh as a lettuce after a fight camp and it only gets worse if you’re 38 and have 40 fights in your body, including almost getting killed by Sarah Kaufman?

The fight is what it is. Roxy was winning before Maycee fucked her knee and she dominated after that. 30-26 Roxy.

The Unit pieced up by a cosplayer. SMDH.

giphy.gif

the disrespect to Roxy just aint a cool look
Haters gonna hate, bud
Trains her ass off day and night to improve... and then... does? Well, how about that lol. People are always going to find a reason to bitch about someone that they dislike for their looks and not their work ethic, heart or skill set
She's a total sweetheart and a consummate martial artist

<PlusJuan>

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, Roxy may not be the strongest or fastest, but her skillset is custom built to play spoiler when put against more athletic fighters that forget the "mixed" portion of mixed martial arts.

Maycee is young and so far has been able to succeed off of her aggression, natural athleticism, and powerful striking, but you need more than that to put away a veteran like Roxy, who possesses excellent ground game, a granite chin, and tons more experience.

Maycee needs to tighten up her boxing, but she especially needs to work on that ground game. No shame in getting controlled on the ground by a grappling expert like Modaferri, but no one becomes the youngest UFC champion in history without solid ground defense. Also, whoever made her gameplan against Roxy needs to be fired. Maycee should have been avoiding the clinch with Roxy like the plague.

Last edited:
I put a bet on my hot chick roxy, I knew she would perform

Back