Maycee "the Future Bust" Barber just lost to........

Exactly my thoughts on Barber. Confidence is fine, but arrogance and superiority complex does not help her. I hope this loss is in fact GOOD for her and shows her she is not invincible, she is not anything particularly special, she is many levels below Shevchenko, she needs to slow her roll, stop thinking she is God, and try not to come in overweight as she clearly did (slightly) ad then get the NSAC staff to say "126lbs" when she was clearly over. Overall, not a good weekend for Barber.
I don't think she learned anything. The way she grabbed the mic post fight like she deserved to be heard from was out of line. Still high on her own supply.

I don't think she learned anything. The way she grabbed the mic post fight like she deserved to be heard from was out of line. Still high on her own supply.
Yes I think that was unfortunate she did that. Someone should sit her down and tell her that, and if she doesn't want to accept it, OK, but someone needs to sit her down and tell her a couple of things.
-- If you LOSE you don't go up to Rogan and grab the mic and get in a little speech before the person who dominated you can say anything. It's just not done and Rogan should have politely declined and said "Let's speak to the winner first". Barber took away from Roxanne's victory with that and I agree, that was some kind of attempt to convince herself she is still The One or something. Barber needs to adjust her mentality a bit and realize she isn't going to run through the whole 125lb division. That might be a difficult thing for her to accept. I suspect she'll simply (internally, psychologically) blame it on the knee thing.

And the worst part is, she has the "I hurt my knee otherwise I would have won" to fall back on. She won't be humbled by this. She'll use it in interviews as a "look at me, I was robbed of my perfect record, and now I will battle back." to hype herself more.

How does the future of WMMA blow a gimme fight so badly?
It happens. Pettis got wrestlefucked on his UFC debut coming in as the last WEC Champion, was supposed to be fast tracked to the title right after. Instead got laid on for 3 rds.

But what should we expect. Every card she's on they do a 30-40 min one on one interview with her. It's clear they're pushing her to be their next star. She just assumed "this mic is for me. This is my time to talk win or lose I'm the star here"

It happens. Pettis got wrestlefucked on his UFC debut coming in as the last WEC Champion, was supposed to be fast tracked to the title right after. Instead got laid on for 3 rds.
Yeah right...You can be completely blind and don't see how her striking is not really good and it won't really improve that much without good matchmaking otherwise she gonna share her training time between striking, bjj, wrestling. I've seen some idiots here claiming she gonna beat Shevchenko or JJ... I don't have f..in clue how hard is to follow wmma, there's literally 5-10 fighters with some good skills. I even like Barber, I think her PR is on point, but you need some skills to back it up, she doesn't have it. I wonder what's up with UFC matchamking....there's no new talent in wmma, and yet they matching two young fighters like Andrade and Namajunass....probably with some hope Rose can win (bigger chances in 3 rounder, but still rather unlikely). Who was genius behind this fight? Roxanne won vs Antonina Shevchenko in Russia, and Antonina is ike 10 times better striker than Barber...Somebody was eagle to get some easy money from bettings (Barber for some reason was favourite here, dunno why)

Allegedly made weight. @Askafan found this clip and brought it up in another thread.
That scale never balanced. Maycee was overweight.

WOW! Haven’t seen that when they made the weights in!! This “should“ be sanctioned, but we know nothing’s gonna happen

Well, you said "I could have bought" not "I could have made a down payment on".
You can't put a down payment down without buying it, but it's all good. If I would have bet the money Roxanne would have got obliterated

True, but I don't even think they were fast tracking her. I think they picked the wrong roster filler. Oh well now I guess she'll just have to be 'and 1'

This is why you should be quiet in a library.

Maybe Roxy is good? You guys need to stop shitting on her. She used to post here but people were jerks.
Yeah, haters gonna hate, it was bit disrespecting, they even allowed to talk barber first after lost fight ( or did I miss something)... bit sad... anyways team Roxanne !.

Last edited:
i think it's kinda funny how mostly everyone thought Roxanne was a lamb to slaughter before the fight. after she completely dominates Barber the new narrative is "Maycee is only 21, she'll only get better". not really, she could just as easily become shittier too, it's not like we haven't seen that happen in MMA or the UFC before.

Yup

Same posts we used to see about Sage Northcutt when he lost to Barbarena and Gall. Similar prospects too. Extremely young, UFC pushing to the fucking moon and back complete with biased commentary, and severely lacking in actual skill and mostly relying on athleticism to win their fights

Who lost to who?
Maycee Barber lost via Unanimous decision to Roxanne Modafferi. One judge had it 30-26.

She is now out for approx 9months or more due to an ACL injury. Maybe she can take this time to not only physically rehab her knee but also rehab her entitled superiority-complex Me Me Me attitude as well.

Stupid idiots like OP judging people on their looks and tastes...
A "gal who likes anime/fantasy must necessarily be a weakling".

Well Roxanne does have 40 pro fights. Maycee is 21 years old.

Good chance Barber peaks higher than Roxanne ever will even if she did just lose to Harry Potter with tits.
Hilarious and oddly arousing description. :D

People vastly underestimate how good Roxy is on the mat. Her stand up isn't anything but she's very good on the mat.

Roxy is a good fighter. Just cause she isn’t super hot or crazy athletic doesn’t mean she is no good. She is slick, super tough and still improving at 37. I’m biased cause I’m a fan but people who underestimate her will just keep making me money.
This. Many people on here are superficial to the point it's ridiculous.
I'll guarantee you that if Modafferi looked even somewhat cute people on here would continuously make "Roxanne Modafferi appreciation threads" and drool over her the whole time.

This thread really speaks volumes about some people on here.

Back