Maycee "the Future Bust" Barber just lost to........

Only casuals were counting Roxy out.

Roxy has improved a fuck ton over the last couple of years. She also has a fuck ton more experience and was always going to be way slicker on the ground.

As for the striking, people seem to forget that Barber was getting lit up and dropped by Aldrich just a few fights ago, and Aldrich, is a short striker who isn't as good as Roxy on the feet.

Didn't Roxanne get cut from the UFC recently like within the last 2 years

First off, wasn't she a half pound over? But more importantly, did she look fit to you? Come on, she was even carrying weight in her face.

First off, no. A simple Google search would tell you she made weight.

Secondly, she looked like she always does. Is this your first time watching her? She's a thick, muscular girl with a decent amount of body fat.

5e21412124306a0ce17b0312

Secondly, she looked like she always does. Is this your first time watching her? She's a thick, muscular girl with a decent amount of body fat.

5e21412124306a0ce17b0312

She didn't even look like that. Not close to that. Although that is the start of of her not carrying around good weight.

This has a photo that is big but good weight Maycee Barber: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/15/20963696/maycee-barber-vs-roxanne-modafferi-set-for-ufc-246

If you can't see the difference in her face, I don't know what to tell you. She honestly just looked like a kind of strong fat girl tonight. It will come out that she injured that knee in training camp.

Attachments

• 025_Maycee_Barber.0.jpg
    025_Maycee_Barber.0.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 9

5e21412124306a0ce17b0312

And this is great weight Maycee Barber

Attachments

• IMG_76631001.jpg
    IMG_76631001.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 15
I just don't understand, do all females look the same to you or something? How do you not notice that Barber - who used to be ripped and had an attractive powerful body - was basically a blob when she got in there tonight. You can't tell the difference???

It looks like it's not the first fight where she wasn't physically on point, but missing weight, coming in looking like that, and having your knee go out? It's PAINFULLY obvious she had an injury in training camp.

I don't know if she's got overall issues with weight and body maintenance, but that looked like more than not training hard enough and it seems like everyone's desire to hate is making people overlook the obvious.
I too noticed immediately that Barber looked out of shape and chunky. Her legs and ass and stomach looked overweight, for a pro fighter. I do think that she has, generally, issues with her weight, *especially* as she is very young, and if she's having issues with weight management she needs to revisit her diet completely / get a nutritionist / stop eating the wrong foods. That's just my view. I don't myself believe that there was anything in this camp that affected her, I just think that like Aspen Ladd, and Rousey in her late stages of her career, she has a few diet or bodyfat issues.
Just my view......which is entirely supported by this pre-fight interview :

Barber : "One of the Best camps I've had in my entire life" :
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/ufc-246-maycee-barber-respects-roxanne-modafferi-old-era-mma

Last edited:
Everyone? Just type Maycee Barber in the search bar and you’ll see a fuckton of people saying that Roxy’s decades of fighting would help her overcome her lack of athleticism to (if not win at least) make the fight interesting. You’ll get the same results if you type Antonina Shevchenko instead. No shame in losing to a woman that defeated Marloes Coenen when you were in fourth grade, Maycee is a great athlete and I’m certain she would have mopped the floor with 21 yo Roxy if her knee does not explode mid fight.

maybe it was just the top of the UFC discussion, but every time i saw a thread the majority of people thought Barber was too big and too strong to lose. i never said it was a shame to lose to Roxy, that's what a lot of these people who picked Maycee to win were acting like Roxy was a bum. hell, there were people in the pbp thread acting like Roxy was a bum for not finishing Maycee lol.

that's great that you're certain an impossible fight would turn out the way you think it would, but back here in reality Roxy gave her the business. bum knee or not, if she was as high level as she thought she was she should've won even with a bum knee. Thiago Santos was winning rds off of Jon fucking Jones with 2 bum knees, coming up a weight class.

i was in the 4th grade in 1994. i didn't know Roxy beat Marlos Coenen 1 year after the UFC came into existence...the more you know.

Roxy might look like a nerd, but she is a tough fighter with tons of experience.

I've been saying for a long time that Maycee isn't improving, and that she's arguably going backwards.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/150594059/

It was only a matter of time until she faced an opponent who she couldn't run over with her strength & aggression, I didn't think Roxy would be the one to derail her but it was gonna happen sooner or later.

for sure, i know there were people who picked Roxy or didn't think Maycee was as good as she was being hyped as like yourself, but it just seemed like the vocal majority were on the "i feel bad for Roxy cuz Maycee is gonna rekt her" bandwagon, i used the wrong wording when i said "everyone" it was an exaggeration. good eye on her skills going reverse though.

She didn't even look like that. Not close to that. Although that is the start of of her not carrying around good weight.

This has a photo that is big but good weight Maycee Barber: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/15/20963696/maycee-barber-vs-roxanne-modafferi-set-for-ufc-246

If you can't see the difference in her face, I don't know what to tell you. She honestly just looked like a kind of strong fat girl tonight. It will come out that she injured that knee in training camp.

She looked the same at the weighins on Friday. Fully hydrated she has a bit of fat on her like the pic I posted.

At this point it only shows how bad the rest are, or that she finally found a decent trainer and is fighting in a better suited division cause her record is horrible, she is 37, its not like she has been this unstoppable force, has way to many loses.
No but styles make fights and Roxy has a better chance when the person is undefeated for some reason

Only casuals were counting Roxy out.

Roxy has improved a fuck ton over the last couple of years. She also has a fuck ton more experience and was always going to be way slicker on the ground.

As for the striking, people seem to forget that Barber was getting lit up and dropped by Aldrich just a few fights ago, and Aldrich, is a short striker who isn't as good as Roxy on the feet.

The minute this fight was announced, I remember some astute people on the boards here mentioning in threads that Roxy is a live dog and that people would sleep on her chances when she very well could derail Maycee's early momentum. So yeah, I think a lot of people did realize that as strong and mentally confident as Barber is, Roxy could be the one to drag her into the deep waters.

Allegedly made weight. @Askafan found this clip and brought it up in another thread.
That scale never balanced. Maycee was overweight.

Bet slip or didnt happen

I'm a bit technology challenged, but I was only confident enough to put 10 on and turn it into 80 so its not like I'm retiring of the winnings. Paid for my beers though!

I like Maycee, but her confidence was getting dangerously close to Rousey level of arrogance. At least now she dial back all the youngest champ, beating Valentina bullshit.

Better to lose now on the come up than lose when you have the title.

This. People forget experience is a huge underrated aspect of MMA, really fight sports in general.

She's fought someone used to being in bad positions and has as many fights as some long time fighters. It's a tough fight for anybody as young as Maycee, regardless of skill.
This guy said this before Jon destroyed Shogun. See how dumb that sounds?

I like Maycee, but her confidence was getting dangerously close to Rousey level of arrogance. At least now she dial back all the youngest champ, beating Valentina bullshit.

Better to lose now on the come up than lose when you have the title.
Exactly my thoughts on Barber. Confidence is fine, but arrogance and superiority complex does not help her. I hope this loss is in fact GOOD for her and shows her she is not invincible, she is not anything particularly special, she is many levels below Shevchenko, she needs to slow her roll, stop thinking she is God, and try not to come in overweight as she clearly did (slightly) and then get the NSAC staff to say "126lbs" when she was clearly over. Overall, not a good weekend for Barber.

Last edited:
Back