• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Max Holloway vs Ilia Topuria - UFC 307: Salt Lake City, Utah - Per Ariel Helwani

Fair enough sherbro.

And to answer your question, the first MMA event I ever watched was UFC 3, the one that had Royce fighting Kimo. Didn’t watch it live or on pay-per-view but I remember my cousin and I went out and rented the VHS tape as soon as it came out on video, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Ah that's interesting, almost the same as me. Thinking about it though, it's probably true for 99% of long time MMA fans right? An early UFC on VHS ;)

What year was that, seeing UFC 3?

I remember picking it up in HMV and thinking it looked like the coolest most intriguing thing ever, then when I actually watched it, it lived up to expectations 😁

Even though I watch MMA as much as ever, I still miss those raw early days, when it really was "MMA". Style vs style, open weight etc, it was so exciting and unpredictable.

last thing....Max has grown into his look but hes still goofy looking

and that says nothing of when he was younger and even more awkward

😂😂 but god bless him he should be happy AF

I agree with that :D He's always been a goofy looking guy, but that's kinda part of his charm and what makes him likeable. He looks/seems like a goofy kid.

But yeah he's definitely grown into his face, and now he's over 30, he looks a bit more like a fighter, and more intimidating.

I personally never gave a shit about the Sphere but it would've been a cool feather in Max cap, who certainly deserves big things.

That said, there is something hilarious about Ilia talking about Spain, the Sphere, Conor McGregor only to wind up in Utah of all places.

I like them both, but kinda hoping the younger man keeps his belt. More or less hoping I'm proven right that it's no longer Max's weight class and risky career move.

Bigger, even non title fights we're there waiting at 155. We shall see. Like someone else said the younger man should outclass the aging and drained legend.

Stupid elevation fight, I don't know why the UFC likes Utah so much, they must be paying them a fuck ton. Max vs Ilia is the perfect Sphere fight.

Max gets the fight at elevation, eh? Fucking lol.

I bet he doesn't have to put the BMF belt on the line either.
Why would the BMF belt be up for grabs? It’s a gimmick.

A real UFC belt is on the line.

And if Topuria thinks he calls the shots. He’s dreaming. He might be the champ. But Max is a big fan favourite, and the A side of this fight.

Holloway gon a throw as many punches and shots fired in the rocky ridge massacre. Mormons and Mormon seaguls rejoice!

Topuria vs Holloway
Pennington vs Harrisson
Usman vs Shavkat
Hermansson vs Pereira
Evloev vs Sterling

Looking forward to a great fight!​
Lets be fair....Top is a lot better looking than Max cmon now
Glad it's a beauty contest battle and not a fight.

<Grimes01><WhatIsThis><{katwhu}>

A real UFC belt is on the line, if Topuria thinks he calls the shots. He’s dreaming.
Pro bullfighters and Ilia are the shining stars from the town of Spain.

So much for Spain.
But but but he just got the key to that town AND all of the jails there.
Even though I watch MMA as much as ever, I still miss those raw early days, when it really was "MMA". Style vs style, open weight etc, it was so exciting and unpredictable.
Join the club FR, but days of real non-pampered warriors who fought open weight are long gone. Hell, ufc doesn't seem to schedule the best against the best in any division unless they makes sure the "DWP" champ has a full camp (after first having an extended time off) while the challenger is a too often a fill-in pressured into fighting on short notice to "save the card".

Last edited:
the most stupidest match up, immediately after such a big max holloway win.

Max had like 8 five round decisions in a row lol. Topuria has never seen a 5th.

Max also doesn't put a ton into anything he does in there. He's not throwing huge shots or doing big wrestling moves. He touches and goes, lots of point fighting until the big shots open themselves up and then he goes for it.

Topuria can fight like that as well. He did against Emmet. But a lot of the time he's out there throwing bombs lol. That's way more tiring than Max's style.

The altitude affect them the same, but Max is definitely going to be able to deal with it better.
Topuria has never seen a 5th..?

The africa take is so dated, anyone who thinks the UFC is the reason africa didn't happen is a nerd, Izzy said it himself, it was africa that couldn't make it happen and the UFC tried, also at the time of Usman, Ngannou, Izzy reign, Africa had stronger covid restrictions then America and the UFC couldn't book there, and they are having issues again with them, Izzy apeaks about it on "this past weekend" Podcast

Quit with the victim bullshit
Good first post.

Why should this fight happen at the Sphere or MSG? Topuria isn't a star, this is a good ass fight but there's nothing earth shattering about this matchup that requires any kind of special venue, at all.
But Max is.

Back