• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Max Holloway vs Ilia Topuria - UFC 307: Salt Lake City, Utah - Per Ariel Helwani

A fight THIS good should be at the Sphere or MSG no..?

The Altitude might make a HUGE difference in the fight..

Why should this fight happen at the Sphere or MSG? Topuria isn't a star, this is a good ass fight but there's nothing earth shattering about this matchup that requires any kind of special venue, at all.

If they are putting that in SLC then I'd say it opens the door for Conor vs Chandler at the Sphere. WIN WIN FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember how the UFC never went to Africa despite having Ngannou, Usman and Izzy as champs? That alone told me that their plans for "World Fucking Domination" were dead and buried. They have the markets they want to focus on and everything else can get fucked.
Anyone who ever thought they would actually go to Africa is delusional. Almost as delusional to think they'd bother with Spain too.

EY7PKo4.gif

This is gonna sound gay as F but I LOVE the way Top moves in the cage. The way he stalks.

Ive never seen a fighter up to this point stalk , sets up traps and cutoff the way Top does

Its like capoeira and boxing combined

People are putting too much stock in the new Max performing the same at 145 as he did at 155. He looks like he put on more muscle/size for his fight with Gaethje, and if he has to cut back to 145, the cut plus altitude are going to suck. If this was at 155, I'd favor Max. But it being at 145 so soon after his other fight, I'd probably favor Topuria still.

Max is no oil painting, but he's still better looking than Topuria, who looks like a cross between a rat, and a horse.

Salome_Zourabichvili_awards_Ilia_Topuria_with_the_Order_of_Honor_%28cropped%29.jpg

i
last thing....Max has grown into his look but hes still goofy looking

and that says nothing of when he was younger and even more awkward

😂😂 but god bless him he should be happy AF

Well little homie, I've been a big fan of MMA since I was a kid when UFC 1 came out on VHS in the UK, I think in 1996. And you?

I'm actually half kidding/trolling with the confidence of Max winning, I know it's a tough fight.

Ilia did run through Volk much easier than I expected, but again even Ilia himself acknowledged Volk was damaged goods and actually cited that as a reason why the fight would be easy.

I'll be honest if this fight was at 155 I would be very confident picking Max, as I thought he looked rejuvinated and ultra sharp steamrolling Gaethje.

But as a long time boxing, I know it almost never works well when fighters move up in weight, then move back down, especially late in careers.

So at 145 I'm tentatively picking Max. I think Volk had his #, if Max can still make 145 without being too drained, he should beat Ilia.
Fair enough sherbro.

And to answer your question, the first MMA event I ever watched was UFC 3, the one that had Royce fighting Kimo. Didn’t watch it live or on pay-per-view but I remember my cousin and I went out and rented the VHS tape as soon as it came out on video, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Really hate SLC cards too often fighters aren't prepared and we get a gas fest trash fest.
Hopefully max and Illa are smarter than this.

Spain would have been way better. Or here in Canada since max headlines every other Canadian card.

they are definitely wanting max to win booking this at altitude

not sure what it means for volk.

Volk is my fave of the 3, but he's done. He won't beat another top 3 FW again.

If Max wins, I can see him calling out old man Volk to get his legacy back on track. Max would win that fight

Remember how the UFC never went to Africa despite having Ngannou, Usman and Izzy as champs? That alone told me that their plans for "World Fucking Domination" were dead and buried. They have the markets they want to focus on and everything else can get fucked.
What a stupid post lol.

Back