Rumored Max Holloway vs Ilia Topuria - UFC 307: Salt Lake City, Utah - Per Ariel Helwani

Can't wait to watch Max slap that ugly little mook around.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Max vs Volk

1194023442.jpg.jpg

GETTY_UFC-251-Volkanovski-v-Holloway_SPO_GYI1255676061jpg-JS595079816-e1594731227396.jpg

FWtvxaQXEAYiGa8.png

Ilia vs Volk

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Styles make fights little homie, and Volk was damaged goods after Makhachev - which was recognised even by Topuria.

Max is going to batter him.
Maybe, maybe not.

Not sure how long you’ve been following this sport little Homie, but I’ll give you a piece of advice, don’t be too confident in predicting fights and investing your emotions in your favourites, you’ll save yourself a lot of disappointment.

I’ll go with Ilia because I’ve seen Max beat several times and I’ve never seen anyone come even close to beating Ilia yet, but I won’t be too surprised either way.

The africa take is so dated, anyone who thinks the UFC is the reason africa didn't happen is a nerd, Izzy said it himself, it was africa that couldn't make it happen and the UFC tried, also at the time of Usman, Ngannou, Izzy reign, Africa had stronger covid restrictions then America and the UFC couldn't book there, and they are having issues again with them, Izzy apeaks about it on "this past weekend" Podcast

Quit with the victim bullshit

I know the tin foil hat takes are strong here, but the UFC continues to go to Salt Lake City as the new owner of the Utah Jazz has spent big money and bid on these events. Plus the gates are huge, one at $6.5 million for 291 and $4.8 million for 278. They will continue to go back there, and often. Fight Nights. UFC 278. UFC 291. Now UFC 307.

yeh, well, it sucks. Everyone just gasses right away.

I thought UFC was just catering to SLC because of Usman being champ and Gaethje plus Rose being able to fight there. Was really hoping they weren't going back.

Both of these guys are extremely talented fighters. Wish this one was anywhere else but SLC.

Why are they always doing Max dirty

Salt Luke City
Kansas City
Atlanta
Detroit
Broomfield
Baltimore
Saskatoon
Edmonton

Wtf The Blessed Express deserves much better that this.

Nice, cracking title fight. Think Holloway wins personally!

I like both guys equally, but I might ride with Topuria on this one.

Maybe, maybe not.

Not sure how long you’ve been following this sport little Homie, but I’ll give you a piece of advice, don’t be too confident in predicting fights and investing your emotions in your favourites, you’ll save yourself a lot of disappointment.

I’ll go with Ilia because I’ve seen Max beat several times and I’ve never seen anyone come even close to beating Ilia yet, but I won’t be too surprised either way.

Well little homie, I've been a big fan of MMA since I was a kid when UFC 1 came out on VHS in the UK, I think in 1996. And you?

I'm actually half kidding/trolling with the confidence of Max winning, I know it's a tough fight.

Ilia did run through Volk much easier than I expected, but again even Ilia himself acknowledged Volk was damaged goods and actually cited that as a reason why the fight would be easy.

I'll be honest if this fight was at 155 I would be very confident picking Max, as I thought he looked rejuvinated and ultra sharp steamrolling Gaethje.

But as a long time boxing, I know it almost never works well when fighters move up in weight, then move back down, especially late in careers.

So at 145 I'm tentatively picking Max. I think Volk had his #, if Max can still make 145 without being too drained, he should beat Ilia.

Can't believe people thought this wouldn't happen. It was basically the only move they could of made besides an injury or something.

Back