Lopes vs Ortega commentary is horrendous

Number 3 ranked guy...who has won one fight in 4 years. Who has had massive injury problems. And who has been beaten half to death in multiple fights over that 4 years, including in the one fight he won.

Let's not overstate how much it means by relying on the UFC's bullshit rankings.

<36>

the UFC ain't doing any matchmaking according to YOUR rankings

{<jordan}

Ortega will go down as one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. He has been riding that Frankie Edgar win for over 6 years now and has done literally nothing except get his face smashed in since. How he is still ranked in the top 3 positively mystifies me
His win over Yair kinda gave him relevancy again, but yes I agree, he gets beat up almost every fight and doesn't fight that much.

His win over Yair kinda gave him relevancy again, but yes I agree, he gets beat up almost every fight and doesn't fight that much.
Yair is also insanely overrated. The guy has been in the UFC for 10 years now and has only had 14 fights FFS. He's not the "young and upcoming prospect" anymore... he's a part-time journeyman who would be in danger of getting cut if he wasn't Mexican.

Besides the injury win over Ortega, his only win over a guy who isn't retired is a near 40 year old Josh Emmett. Yair and Ortega are some of the worst rank squatters in history and will both surely be broke within 10 years. Good riddance

Yair is also insanely overrated. The guy has been in the UFC for 10 years now and has only had 14 fights FFS. He's not the "young and upcoming prospect" anymore... he's a part-time journeyman who would be in danger of getting cut if he wasn't Mexican.

Besides the injury win over Ortega, his only win over a guy who isn't retired is a near 40 year old Josh Emmett. Yair and Ortega are some of the worst rank squatters in history and will both surely be broke within 10 years. Good riddance
I agree. Yair is sorta stale these days.

DC and Rogan always ride Ortegas nuts
hn2YUtT.png

Ortega will go down as one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. He has been riding that Frankie Edgar win for over 6 years now and has done literally nothing except get his face smashed in since. How he is still ranked in the top 3 positively mystifies me
Agreed.

I remember last year he was acting like he was too good to fight Topuria and how he's ranked too low for him.

Topuria proceeds to wins a national ABC card headliner , gets a title shot and wins, and gets his first title defense booked all in the same timeframe it took Ortega to fight once......

If DC weren’t black he wouldn’t be there ….lets be real for a minute

I agrée tbh. Still, lopes likely could have ended it in the first if he wasn’t trying to prove a point by subbing Ortega. Whatever. Fun fight
Yeah that was annoying, he should have finished it then and there. After that I was half hoping he'd lose to learn a lesson.

Joe was fucking dreadful on commentary all night, but this fight was ridiculously bad on his part. Diego mollywhopped Ortega on the ground and Joe and DC were bitching that he should have let him up. Anik even had to interject being like bro has a second degree black belt to guys.

Even Anik kept talking about how Lopes was grabbing his neck, but it had zero bearing on the fight.

yeah but he actually did it so many times that it was impossible to unsee; i was guessing if something was wrong with his throat and funnily enough this thought came pretty much at the same time Anik pointed it out.

I agree. Yair is sorta stale these days.

these years.

They made a comment about how Lopes will be upset if he loses this fight because he didn't put his foot on the gas.

DC and Rogan are watching a different fight. Brian has landed nothing of substance while Lopes has dropped him with heavy hooks and all they can talk about is how Lopes looks tired. Well yeah because he is actually fighting, Brian is fighting to survive.

Even his own corner is saying he needs a finish going into the 3rd.

30-26 isnt close at all

In the second Rogan says nice right hand by Ortega, then Diego returns with a much bigger right hand and he says nothing.

Even Anik kept talking about how Lopes was grabbing his neck, but it had zero bearing on the fight. Just shut up and call the fight like it is and stop trying to make it so dramatic.
I agree. I think they have favorites and develop a narrative and then start time rooting for a specific outcome.

Doesn’t dc all the time be like “oh that’s not good’ when a fighter he likes get put in a tough spot

Well I thought the commentary was over biased for the Mexican fighters/A side/prettier/more in style. For instance every sub Grasso caught they were like "it's done." I literally thought she tapped out twice because I turned my head away for an instant. Then that's the press conference. She said twice that the guillotine wasn't tight in the least bit.

They made a comment about how Lopes will be upset if he loses this fight because he didn't put his foot on the gas.

DC and Rogan are watching a different fight. Brian has landed nothing of substance while Lopes has dropped him with heavy hooks and all they can talk about is how Lopes looks tired. Well yeah because he is actually fighting, Brian is fighting to survive.

Even his own corner is saying he needs a finish going into the 3rd.

30-26 isnt close at all

In the second Rogan says nice right hand by Ortega, then Diego returns with a much bigger right hand and he says nothing.

Even Anik kept talking about how Lopes was grabbing his neck, but it had zero bearing on the fight. Just shut up and call the fight like it is and stop trying to make it so dramatic.
That neck thing was weird though. I noticed in between round 1 and 2 lopes do that neck touching on his stool

Its bc Joe Rogaine is fuckin trash. Dude is so methed up that he always try to make some false narrative and then runs straight to the fruit loop factory with it. And then DC is too hopped up on KFC chicken to make call him out on it.

Back