Kid admits his going to heaven book was a lie. Publisher will pull book.

it is not a ridiculous claim.

as far as that quote, it is not from me. it is from rational wiki.

"

but it seems like you like to make your own rules and try to impose them on others because you cannot argue worth a fuck
the important thing about this though, is if you have to have a claim, you need some evidence/reason for it to be true and what its effects are.
claiming the soul is real is not some ridiculous claim

see this link below from a real website about being rational? sorry, fucking deal with it
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

Some theists maintain that unless atheists can disprove the existence of a god, or gods, their position is untenable. It does, however, depend on which of the many thousands of mankind's gods one has in mind; strangely, such theists cheerfully accept the arguments against every god except their own preferred one.
On like lines, some anti-theists maintain that because theists cannot prove the existence of their chosen god or gods, their position is untenable. A similar fallacy, from the opposite direction.
The burden of proof lies with whoever is making the assertion. If there's no evidence either way, it's a matter of faith.

"

edit- quotes added so you can see i quoted it and did not make it up myself

So the arguments you present are in favor of Truth (now take some time to notice the T is calitalized) or evidence of your own construct?

Does Truth exist or is it something we cling to appease us of the anxiety of our own mortality?

I think one of the big problems with the human race is thinking about some afterlife.
Most likely there is no afterlife.
Make the most out of life and die happy.

agree completely

we've seen how people will do extreme things because they are thinking of their afterlife instead of their one real life

The kid from the movie "Heaven is Real" is decently old now and still stands by his story. Sounds like bullshit to me either way, Jesus coming in with his rainbow robe on a unicorn or w/e. But most Christians will take any chance to grasp at straws that their fairy tale is real.

I don't think you know many Christians. No one with a real grasp of theology believes those books.

So the arguments you present are in favor of Truth (now take some time to notice the T is calitalized) or evidence of your own construct?

Does Truth exist or is it something we cling to appease us of the anxiety of our own mortality?

well, i would say that if you believe in Christianity that you believe in the existence of the soul, so I do not think i thought up of this whole religion myself

you could say a soul is something we make up as we fear death, but living for all eternity can be a more frightening thought that not existing after death
it is not all roses on one view or the other

then again, why do we think there is life after at all? maybe someone put that idea in our heads...or not

agree completely

we've seen how people will do extreme things because they are thinking of their afterlife instead of their one real life

i would say that on the flipside, many people do NOT do extremely bad things because the believe in an afterlife

if you do not believe in an afterlife, well all you have to do is not get caught by the cops.

also, you can be religious and have a very fulfilling and happy life, moreso than if you believe in nothing and just worry about death as a non believer thinks this is it

I like how the kid lied and somehow takes the righteous high ground to let others know, like the publisher and readers, that they are at fault for trusting a book that wasn't written by God.

Last edited:
based on what? on me posting a quote from a website that shoots down your dumb ass argument?
billions of people believe in the existence of the soul
it must suck for you having beliefs you cannot even present the slightest evidence of.
i believe things and have my rationale for it.
go back to burger king and get your kid's meal
and here would be some evidence
[YT]3AGNnOk6dhA[/YT]

This story is as credible as someone claiming they were teleported onto a UFO ship and had a conversation with a Grey commander. The difference is this guy is a medical doctor and so we ascribe authority to him, and that his story coincides with Christian beliefs which has been embedded in our cultural traditions for several generations.

You can't claim there is evidence of an afterlife because some people said "yes there is, we saw it". And if you claim that the burden of proof lies upon the one who makes the assertion, you're going to have to come up with something better than this. I know how to separate a belief from a fact, but a belief is nonetheless a major contributor to our cognitive makeup. If you see divine intervention and I see a burnt grilled cheese sandwich, who is right? Or more importantly, who is wrong?

You can choose to believe truth is situated on a binary scale. You can also believe it is on a continuum. Or you can believe that there is no scale at all. Whichever paradigm you subscribe to becomes the basis of your belief system.

um, wow, you do understand that by afterlife we do not mean zombies or earthly re-animation/life
we mean that you have a soul which is metaphysical, not physical
none of the stuff you said is actually any support of their not being an afterlife. maybe you quoted the wrong person
the only thing i see in your answer is that YOU do not want there to be an afterlife where you will be judged because you have lived a shameful life and you know it
and
it scares you

The idea that one doubts there is an afterlife is far more brave
People like you are the ones that are scared

well, i would say that if you believe in Christianity that you believe in the existence of the soul, so I do not think i thought up of this whole religion myself

you could say a soul is something we make up as we fear death, but living for all eternity can be a more frightening thought that not existing after death
it is not all roses on one view or the other

then again, why do we think there is life after at all? maybe someone put that idea in our heads...or not

The Jews Believe in God(Yahweh) no afterlife for them until The messiah is crowned
Christianity view of afterlife with the soul departing from the body is very greek influenced

The Jews Believe in God(Yahweh) no afterlife for them until The messiah is crowned
Christianity view of afterlife with the soul departing from the body is very greek influenced

1) the messiah came already. jews are waiting for something that has already happened
2) what in life is not greek influenced? fact is that Jesus died and was resurrected and seen by eye witnesses and that is why his word live on

i have no fear of death. i would die right now to save someone else who was good.

I think that is his point though. It isn't bravery when you assume you are going to be saved. It's like Superman running into a bank to beat up some bank robbers and then calling himself brave. Your not brave superman, you are bullet proof. Now the Janitor who tried to knock the gunmen out before he killed the family, that was one brave janitor.

So it takes more guts to face this world if you don't believe there is an afterlife is the point.

This story is as credible as someone claiming they were teleported onto a UFO ship and had a conversation with a Grey commander. .

how is that? we have no reason to believe teleportation is a reality. Also, we would expect to see a physical entity like a UFO show up on radar and be recorded on camera.
also, if a civilization of beings were technologically advanced enough to teleport people and also want to teleport people, then you would bet they would be involved with humans in a very direct and observable way.

we would most likely be at war with any type of advanced civilization who visited earth.

I think that is his point though. It isn't bravery when you assume you are going to be saved. It's like Superman running into a bank to beat up some bank robbers and then calling himself brave. Your not brave superman, you are bullet proof. Now the Janitor who tried to knock the gunmen out before he killed the family, that was one brave janitor.

So it takes more guts to face this world if you don't believe there is an afterlife is the point.

and i am saying no it is not. you could live in an eternity of punishment. if you are a piece of shit human being it would be very nice for there to be no eternal punishment.

the fact is that you are afraid of death or you are not. I am not. so not sure what else you want.

how is that? we have no reason to believe teleportation is a reality. Also, we would expect to see a physical entity like a UFO show up on radar and be recorded on camera.
also, if a civilization of beings were technologically advanced enough to teleport people and also want to teleport people, then you would bet they would be involved with humans in a very direct and observable way.

we would most likely be at war with any type of advanced civilization who visited earth.

no no no you're making too many assumptions. Stick to your guns and get your head out of la la land.

UFO's are like the Christian God. They do shit no one understands, and talk to us in ways where only one person at a time can see or hear. They also have these cool powers, i.e technology, that allows them to bypass all our radar systems. Moreover, they're both at war with us and helping us. They're benevolent AND judging.

Moreover, tons of people of each belief system have bled out TONS of money from their supporters through selling books and pressuring them into giving sizable amounts of their salaries. Like this doctor fellow, he wrote a book. Wow! I'm sure he just couldn't hold onto that experience and share it with his family. Nope, he had to monetize that shit like a true American.

But let's get back to the argument of reason. So, what about the rest I wrote and you conveniently left out?

and i am saying no it is not. you could live in an eternity of punishment. if you are a piece of shit human being it would be very nice for there to be no eternal punishment.

the fact is that you are afraid of death or you are not. I am not. so not sure what else you want.

Dude, I just realized you wrote 1079 posts since last month. Are you okay? Do you want some water?

UFO's are like the Christian God

well, except for the fact that UFO's are contained in the natural world and God is outside of our universe and time.

and that God is why there is something instead of nothing, and aliens are really not.

and aliens would be physical. the soul is still metaphysical

Back