When you were a kid, did any adult ever intentionally embarrass you?

When I was in 8th grade me and a group of friends were at this concert in a park - just a local no name little rock band at some Saturday in the park event. We were way off to the side and back having a little mosh pit - we weren't remotely close to anyone so it's not like we were being assholes bumping into people, we were just being kids having our own fun. A group of probably 10 bandido bikers walked through our group and shoved every one of us to the ground, then just kept on walking like nothing had happened. We were all more baffled by it than anything, based on where we were standing they had to go out of their way to walk through us, so it seemed like they must have discussed it - hey let's go punk those kids for no reason. Still cracks me up to this day.

Wow you rarely post. But when you do, you give it your all.
thanks I come for the stories and figure you got to give to get....

Really confused why this one got moved from Mayberry to Bare knuckle? I seem to not understand Mayberry very well because I've have threads moved to BK War room, light weights, etc. even though the threads are getting likes and replies in the Berry.

is it just up to whatever mod reads them?

No offense to BK it is just kind of nice to not have to go searching for a thread and each of these little forum silos has a different core group. I like kind of getting to know that one core group

You're lucky my wife stepped in, punk.
99% of the time the one line counter puncher jokes on here fall flat......Yours has had me laughing for a day and a half so-

hat tip.JPG

Being a white belt punching bag is the first step in winning the Kumite

jpg
KOWBOY, Any chance you can lasso this thread and drag it back to Mayberry?

Not really but I remember doing boxing classes as a child and the trainer invited my dad to drop in on one and spar with him. The trainer always talked himself up and liked to go pretty hard on us although otherwise, was a decent guy. After a bit, my dad agreed, showed up and he couldn’t touch my (at the time) 50 year old man.

It was at that moment I realized my dad wasn’t just a jolly jokester who watched fight sports on weekends. It taught me a lesson about being humble and made me respect those dudes who don’t tell you how badass they are. It’s not easy to not have an ego but my dad set an example for me as a dude who doesn’t talk about how awesome he is, ever.
welcoming you to Bare Knuckles where our threads are now neighbors. Maybe this is where I belong now because someone is pushing the threads I find interesting in Mayberry here. I don't want to make fun of other thread starters, but will say yours was the only other one i wanted to read today and then a second later we're OT neighbors. Oh and I would not tell my GF.....

Female co-worker was saying she was a short fat kid when young, like single digits young, she had a best friend who was a little ballet dancer, co-workers mom was evidently really hung up on looks and would always make my co-worker feel bad by comparing her to the little skinny dancer kid. cut to the chase they are out for ice cream banana splits, co-worker is complaining that dancer kid's banana split is bigger, and when she leans over to take a bite of her's, her mom pushed her face into the ice cream and said something like, now is it enough for you, and her mom and dancer kid laughed at her face full of ice cream.....and I mean dayyyyyyummmmmmm that is some cold shit and I don't mean the ice cream.....Bad parenting 101.

So it got me to thinking of the McDojo I went to when I was like 11or 12 and a little twig of a sprout of a puff of a kid. The sensei was a real ego maniac but I was too young and naive and awed by his black belt to understand that at the time.

There are two incidents that stick out in my mind.. The first is I'm on the matt across from him for the very first time, fighting stance, we're going to spar, he says begin, throws his hands in the air while screaming bloody murder and charging at me, my little white belt ass runs straight back and off the matt, while the whole class, many of them adults laugh, and he starts preaching to me how I should've been ready for anything and relied on my techniques. I'm a fucking white belt, never sparred anyone other than other kid white belts, and even then I'd probably been in the class a month or less and he pulls that shit in front of the entire class? Fuckhead.

The second is I'm still all gung ho and haven't figured out he is a taint sucking piece of crap, so I show up for the optional summer saturday morning class when everyone else is at the beach. I'm the "biggest" of the 3 or 4 kids dumb enough to show up.

We're doing whatever bullshit dim mak tkd shit he taught when in walk 2 teenage girls in skimpy beach attire, they sit on the bench to watch, maybe mom was getting last minute snacks at the deli wtf do I know, he goes and chats them up for a bit, "Are you interested in studying here?" kinda shit.

Then he comes back on the matt and decides it is time for me to hold a kicking pad for him. I have never held a kicking pad for him, I have never held a kicking pad period, I have certainly never been taught how to hold a kicking pad.

Without showing me what to do or warning me what he is going to do, he backs up, takes a few running steps and either does a jumping side kick or a spinning back kick, whatever did sent me fucking flying "ass over tea kettles" as granma toasty would've said. When I finish rolling across the matt, he starts yelling at me for not holding the pad properly, and then after I needed to know wtf I was doing, he shows me the proper way to brace myself while holding the pad. I hope the beach nymphs enjoyed the show but I sure as shit did not.

One little caveat to the first story. He tried that same scream and rush at me while waving his hands in the air shit with me a second time. Even though I flinched like a flinching motherfucker, and ran back like a backward running motherfucker. I did throw an awkward, has nothing to do with TKD slapping hook which caught him in the ribs.....He then began to rip me for using an ineffectual technique he hadn't taught me.....TKD is about honor, tradition, techniques honed over centuries that killed armed invaders with their bare hands, blah blah blah,......but all I came remember thinking is "yeah but I hit you didn't i?"

So anyone have any douchebaggy adult stories they want to work out in therapy here at the Rabbit Hole Tavern and Psychological Trauma Ward?
Sounds like good parenting to me, got to install eating disorders young or we will end up with a world of fat stinky people

welcoming you to Bare Knuckles where our threads are now neighbors. Maybe this is where I belong now because someone is pushing the threads I find interesting in Mayberry here. I don't want to make fun of other thread starters, but will say yours was the only other one i wanted to read today and then a second later we're OT neighbors. Oh and I would not tell my GF.....
I’m probably the best looking man at Walmart right now. It’s honestly difficult to keep being mistaken for prime Brock Lesnar but I’m learning to accept it.

I'm still pissed this thread got pulled from Mayberry.....arrrghhhhhhh!

When I was 9 years old my teacher had us write folk tails, well I titled my story the gangster and the prankster.

The old bitch sat on my desk and yelled at and berated me in front of the whole class and they yelled uprouriously. I remember her saying something like "this is a story not a rap" back then I didn't think much of it wa just embarrased and she looked down at me as I sunk in my chair, looking back she knew what she was doing and if I ever saw her again I'd probably knock her out for fucking with a 9 year old and thinking she got away with it

hope that bitch is dead

yup still pissed this thread got moved....

Any adult or child who has embarrassed me in public during my youth and beyond or chastised me in private has suffered immeasurable timeless suffering.
I’m not the one.

Alas Yorick this post still lies here in bare knuckles where nobody will know not to cross you because very few bodies will see it.......

Is there a form I can file for reinstatement to Mayberry?

Any adult or child who has embarrassed me in public during my youth and beyond or chastised me in private has suffered immeasurable timeless suffering.
I’m not the one.

Thats how the neanderthals died

never heard of them

never heard of them
So Isa is saying you slaughtered the Neanderthals and you are denying it. Smart move considering there is no statute of limitations on caveman murder and your well know penchant for time travel puts you at or near the scene of the crime......

so any actual stories you want to share that lead to the perps perpetual punitive punishments and my alliteration?

man Im still pissed this thread got moved...anyone want to write up a petition, get it signed by 95% of sherdog posters and walk it over to the Sherdog Corporate headquarters for me?

OK fine. I grew up in a tough New York neighborhood filled with douche bags who liked to pick on kids. They played this thing called the cigarette game where they grabbed you and punched you in the arm as hard as they could until you successfully named five cigarette brands. Sounds easy, but 10 years old my arm was sore a lot.
The real assholes would get you on the way to school and just punch you until you cried and then throw your books in the mud.
I don’t live there anymore but I have learned that most of them are dead or in prison or just useless pieces of shit as adults.

Back