Kid admits his going to heaven book was a lie. Publisher will pull book.

Well, I don't think anyone should be surprised by bullshit being a bestseller.

based on what?

The way I always looked at it is this, we have all really experienced non existence. Before we were born we were all not existing, when we die most likely it just goes back to that.

Our whole existence is based off of our bodies. We think because of our brain, we see because of our eyes, we hear because our ears etc. You take all those things away and you are left with nothing, which is what after death most likely is.

Sure there is a possibility of an afterlife, but it is extremely unlikely. It is really scary to think that things one day are just going to end for you and that's it, which is why afterlife is such a great thought, but I've come to terms with it and it's actually kind of comforting.

evidence_of_the_afterlife.jpg

This is the largest study on NDE's ever conducted.

Have you read it?

Heaven is for dead people. If someone went to heaven, then ended up being alive, that would mean God made a mistake.

Get your shit together, God.

Gods a can and is overrated and would lose to Sean Mcorkel

I simply cannot believe that he did not, in fact, go to Heaven. The story is so believable.

128933-bill-and-ted-no-way-gif-Imgur-d0N5.gif

I love this quote from the little shit:

Malarkey said:
"The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

Lulz

based on what?

Your brain is pretty much a computer and it gets shut down, Schaub style.
Who cares about afterlife?
Why even worry about it?
As a matter of fact, I don't like the idea of an afterlife.
Just go through life and try to enjoy it.

There was a good Greek philosopher that mentioned this subject

epicurus_death_quote.jpg

Last edited:
Your brain is pretty much a computer and it gets shut down, Schaub style.
Who cares about afterlife?
Why even worry about it?
As a matter of fact, I don't like the idea of an afterlife.
Just go through life and try to enjoy it.

um, wow, you do understand that by afterlife we do not mean zombies or earthly re-animation/life
we mean that you have a soul which is metaphysical, not physical
none of the stuff you said is actually any support of their not being an afterlife. maybe you quoted the wrong person
the only thing i see in your answer is that YOU do not want there to be an afterlife where you will be judged because you have lived a shameful life and you know it
and
it scares you

The sad part is that there were a bunch of adults that had to be in on the process to get this book published. This 6 year old woke up from a coma, said he went to heaven, and they fucking believed him to the point of writing a book about!!

I have a 6 year old. I can tell when that motherfucker is bullshitting from a mile away. It's easy because he's SIX. This kid was THAT good of a liar at age SIX to get a slew of adults to believe this crap? OR, they saw a chance to make a buck and went for it...?

um, wow, you do understand that by afterlife we do not mean zombies or earthly re-animation/life
none of the stuff you said is actually any support of their not being an afterlife. maybe you quoted the wrong person
the only thing i see in your answer is that YOU do not want there to be an afterlife where you will be judged because you have lived a shameful life and you know it
and
it scares you

There is no evidence to support an 'afterlife'. And don't say "well my grandma died on the operating table and seen a light" or something completely ridiculous like that.

and
it scares you

Not at all.
Maybe you did not understand what I wrote.
Death does not scare me, I have been in a position where I was bleeding to death and I was as calm as anyone could be.
Just figured "I guess it is over" but I did survive.

I have zero fear of dying as well since I have no belief in an afterlife. However I do have a healthy respect for a long, drawn out, painful death. That is horrifying.

While i don't believe, I see no reason to argue with anyone about their belief system. If it helps you get through the night or makes you a better person. Well good for you. Who cares. We all live by our own versions of the truth anyway.

and
it scares you

Terrific.

Not at all.
Maybe you did not understand what I wrote.
Death does not scare me, I have been in a position where I was bleeding to death and I was as calm as anyone could be.
Just figured "I guess it is over" but I did survive.

not really, you said there is probably not an afterlife and asked why is that?
you spouted off a bunch of shit that had nothing to do with it.

also, i never said you are afraid to die. I speculated why you prefer if there is not an afterlife

There is no evidence to support an 'afterlife'. And don't say "well my grandma died on the operating table and seen a light" or something completely ridiculous like that.

evidence? like scientific proof?
so you want science (which is used to measure and observe the natural world) to test and prove the supernatural/metaphysical???

I have my evidence, which i am afraid you would not accept.

but hey, we will never prove anything beyond this universe.

also, if you take a position it is up to you to provide your evidence. but i love how you come right out and say you have no evidence for what you believe like the ignorant always do

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof
Some theists maintain that unless atheists can disprove the existence of a god, or gods, their position is untenable. It does, however, depend on which of the many thousands of mankind's gods one has in mind; strangely, such theists cheerfully accept the arguments against every god except their own preferred one.

On like lines, some anti-theists maintain that because theists cannot prove the existence of their chosen god or gods, their position is untenable. A similar fallacy, from the opposite direction.

The burden of proof lies with whoever is making the assertion. If there's no evidence either way, it's a matter of faith.

Have you read it?

I have. Its a fairly short read and very compelling.

There are commonalities amongst thousands of compiled NDE's that support the notion that consciousness/existence continues after brain death.

evidence? like scientific proof?
so you want science (which is used to measure and observe the natural world) to test and prove the supernatural/metaphysical???

This. I do not understand why this concept eludes people. The supernatural is outside the world of science.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back