Kid admits his going to heaven book was a lie. Publisher will pull book.

um, wow, you do understand that by afterlife we do not mean zombies or earthly re-animation/life
we mean that you have a soul which is metaphysical, not physical
none of the stuff you said is actually any support of their not being an afterlife. maybe you quoted the wrong person
the only thing i see in your answer is that YOU do not want there to be an afterlife where you will be judged because you have lived a shameful life and you know it
and
it scares you

So we can exist outside of our bodies eh? So our extremely complicated systems are basically useless? I mean whats the point of them if we can exist without them?

Yeah, that is fucking dumb.

The concept of the afterlife was invented to help people come to grips with their own mortality. The idea that after we die, we simply cease to exist, aside from in the memories of those we leave behind, scares people. In short, it's a crutch for the weak.

Also, considering our brain literally plays tricks on our conscious mind as part of its normal functions, I attribute "seeing the light" and outer body experiences as simple hallucinations caused by mental or physical stresses inflicted on the person experiencing them.

Well said.

What's it matter to you what Christians believe?

Yeah, you're right.

It's not like one person's religious beliefs have ever negatively influenced anyone else's life.

It's not like anyone could find it remotely concerning that a large majority of the most powerful decision makers in the world and millions of people who have the ability to vote still believe in ridiculous magic.

It's not like, for example...a recent president of the united states (often considered the most powerful person on earth) ever made a very important decision...like, say...invading another country, because he claimed "god" told him to.

It's not like people have been fighting wars over religion for centuries.

It's not like anyone's belief in Christianity has ever led them to the refuse to accept proven science just because it might not jive with their "faith".

It's not like any Christians out there refuse to even acknowledge the possibility of human-caused climate change and the damage it could do to the planet (no matter how many studies show direct correlation and potential consequences) because they believe god controls the weather and has a "plan" for us.

But yeah...why give a second thought to what other people might believe? To each their own.

So we can exist outside of our bodies eh? So our extremely complicated systems are basically useless? I mean whats the point of them if we can exist without them?

Yeah, that is fucking dumb.

Let me tell you of the wonders of astral projection!

Just kidding, that's bullshit just like heaven.

Speaking of which,

I feel utterly deceived and taken advantage of! I probably won't be able to trust anyone ever again.

i cant trust these 6 year olds anymore.

Only six years lying, crawling, and eventually walking on this earth is enough to get corrupted by sinister forces like Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer. Children's entertainment is not what it used to be.
bert_and_ernie___my_brother_s_keeper___by_danluvisiart-d64jvgq.jpg

2010_6_2_PHOTOGALLERY-22fd39d06c675c79516d8a0df79ae210-1275499161-26.jpg

Back