JRE #1411 - Robert Downey Jr.

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Marked so I can watch later. Not really surprised considering he has gotten the likes of Elon Musk and Ed Norton recently. By skimming through, this looks like he lets RDJ actually speak in this one.

Was he in tony character like any other interview?

Kinda meh, it was.

Not that interesting a person tbh.

The Ed Norton one was a lot better as far as an actor talking about actor shit.

I was underwhelmed. Love RDJ but it felt like Joe spent half the episode talking about Ironman, and how it would be awesome if RDJ did more Ironman. Pretty sure RDJ was over it, but is too polite to say anything. Dude has a lot more career than just that one role, and probably has a ton of great stories to go along with it.

I did enjoy getting RDJ's take on Tropic Thunder though. Best part of the episode.

The very beginning of the interview felt really weird... more like it was mid interview. Like as if they talked more serious shit for half an hour then said OK let's go live now.

Does anyone think he was bullshit ting about being a regular JRE listener? He kept emphasizing how much he admires Rogan. My friend told me "I think he was full of shit trying to earn brownie points"

Did he talk about his reaction from the Carlos Condit vs Dan Hardy fight in London?

I watched like a half hour of it. My impression of RDJ is that he's a good guy and seems very accessible.

Last edited:
Honestly he didn't seem all that interesting

I was underwhelmed. Love RDJ but it felt like Joe spent half the episode talking about Ironman, and how it would be awesome if RDJ did more Ironman. Pretty sure RDJ was over it, but is too polite to say anything. Dude has a lot more career than just that one role, and probably has a ton of great stories to go along with it.

I did enjoy getting RDJ's take on Tropic Thunder though. Best part of the episode.

He was good in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Zodiac

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting

Edit

A Scanner Darkly is also good

That’s the problem with short JREs. Seems like it usually takes the guest an hour or so to loosen up and “forget” they’re on a podcast so then it actually feels like a conversation. This felt very much like an interview. Wish he could’ve gone longer.

Won’t lie I will listen to it

just never get the time for podcasts anymore

When an interview is forced by a movie studio to promote what Eveyone knows will be an abysmal failure....you get a shitty JRE. Just the way it goes.

I'm watching it now, I'm on the tropic thunder part. Pretty good so far.

2.9 million views so far.

Back