JRE #1411 - Robert Downey Jr.

{<huh}

Not wanting to listen to Rogan doesn't show radio is a better format. There are thousands of podcasts.

Also your other argument is that you have to buy a car with satellite radio? Lol.

I never said one is better than the other. Not everyone wants to listen to podcasts. Why is this so hard to figure out?

And yes most newer cars have satellite radio in them already. This has been going on for years. I don’t even understand what you’re arguing anymore.

That doesn't answer the question. Why the hell would radio be a better format for listening to his show than a podcast?

Podcasts have replaced radio. They are essentially a show you can listen to at any time, for any length, anywhere, and skip all the nonsense commercials that fill up half the air time.

He's been wealthy since before podcasts were a thing. He could've quit decades ago and still be a success. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.
@KONG-D'SNT-TAP is pulling the Conor is the best MMA fighter because he's rich type argument.

Downey has a great interview with Howard Stern last year (2019)

Stern is a far greater interviewer than joe rogan.
Gonna look for it on YouTube.

Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like RDJ was not expecting to end that quickly. He even mentioned to Joe that he wanted to get into something else after they took off the headphones.

Gonna look for it on YouTube.

Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like RDJ was not expecting to end that quickly. He even mentioned to Joe that he wanted to get into something else after they took off the headphones.

Stern had another great one with Dana Carvey this year.

I don’t know what you’re talking about but Stern is a far better interviewer than just about anyone out there. It’s been that way for some time too

Stern gets people to do what they wouldn't normally do

Its like Vegas

What happens on Stern stays on Stern

You guys that are bored with the RDJ episode. It's because his agent and manager are strict as fuck about what topics can be brought up with him.

You can't get into his old drug habit, his alcoholism. They even have a list of appropriate topics I think.

If you think about it he is probably the biggest superstar Joe has had on so this is to be expected

You guys that are bored with the RDJ episode. It's because his agent and manager are strict as fuck about what topics can be brought up with him.

You can't get into his old drug habit, his alcoholism. They even have a list of appropriate topics I think.

If you think about it he is probably the biggest superstar Joe has had on so this is to be expected

I remember- it was either promoting Civil War in '16 or Spidey Homecoming in '17, I think- when one interviewer basically relentlessly tried to throw in questions about his past addiction and RDJ just stayed fully composed but got up and walked out on the interview.

I respect that. This is one of the key examples of a guy that dramatically turned his life around. If he wants to address his past that's his call. He shouldn't have to talk about it if he does not want to, though.

Christ on a stick.

I was bored to death on that 1.

I really enjoyed the portion where he spoke about his seeking out of Rickson Gracie to film that cameo in The Incredible Hulk. Really seemed like he had a great appreciation for the early days of mma and, particularly, the Gracie family. His point about how he was a wiry, unimposing aikido student and he watched Rickson run through the early uFC competition and it was amazing to see someone physically small (relative to his comp) excelling in martial arts.

Also liked when he talked about his enjoyment of Seagal's movies lol.

When the talk shifted to Motherless, Brooklyn, it slowed down a bit, but you could tell the dude was really passionate about filmmaking. As a fan of his acting, I thought it was a good listen.

The very beginning of the interview felt really weird... more like it was mid interview. Like as if they talked more serious shit for half an hour then said OK let's go live now.

Does anyone think he was bullshit ting about being a regular JRE listener? He kept emphasizing how much he admires Rogan. My friend told me "I think he was full of shit trying to earn brownie points"

He also said he'd been into UFC since watching tapes in the early 90s.

Hes been going to UFC's for years though so I'd be suprised if he doesn't listen to the occasional JRE.

This is him 10 years ago when Condit KOd Hardy.

ept_sports_mma_experts-140575074-1287491047.jpg

ept_sports_mma_experts-70552447-1287491061.jpg

He also said he'd been into UFC since watching tapes in the early 90s.

Hes been going to UFC's for years though so I'd be suprised if he doesn't listen to the occasional JRE.

This is him 10 years ago when Condit KOd Hardy.

ept_sports_mma_experts-140575074-1287491047.jpg

ept_sports_mma_experts-70552447-1287491061.jpg
Oh wow thanks for that.

The Rock has also been an MMA fan for a long time. I remember him celebrating Wanderlei knocking out Keith Jardine. I'd like to see him on the JRE as well.

Back