JRE #1411 - Robert Downey Jr.

Yawn

Couple of old rich dudes whove been dulled by copious $$$

Isn't Downey supposedly the q Anon leaker? Or am I confused? Did Joe bring that up?

He shoulda said "retarded"

Downey has a great interview with Howard Stern last year (2019)

Stern is a far greater interviewer than joe rogan.

I havent cared about radio in at least a decade. He should've switched to podcast format years ago.

Not everyone wants to listen to podcasts in their car or at work though. I’m sure he doesn’t need your career advice.

I havent cared about radio in at least a decade. He should've switched to podcast format years ago.

you lost me with this.

he's one of the OG podcasters.

I'd argue he's the one that made podcasting relevant, after his banning from The Comedy Store way back when.

you lost me with this.

he's one of the OG podcasters.

I'd argue he's the one that made podcasting relevant, after his banning from The Comedy Store way back when.

Where is his podcast?

cause he’s been successful for decades. He’s almost 70 now and can make it without your help.

That doesn't answer the question. Why the hell would radio be a better format for listening to his show than a podcast?

Podcasts have replaced radio. They are essentially a show you can listen to at any time, for any length, anywhere, and skip all the nonsense commercials that fill up half the air time.

He's been wealthy since before podcasts were a thing. He could've quit decades ago and still be a success. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

That doesn't answer the question. Why the hell would radio be a better format for listening to his show than a podcast?

Podcasts have replaced radio. They are essentially a show you can listen to at any time, for any length, anywhere, and skip all the nonsense commercials that fill up half the air time.

Because not everyone wants to listen to Joe rogans dumb bro science every single day. Stern is also on satellite not regular radio so commercials work differently. And most new cars have satellite radio to begin with.

This ain’t hard to figure out fella. You like podcasts and that’s all you listen to but not everyone wants to listen to them all the time. Like me and millions of other people.

He's been wealthy since before podcasts were a thing. He could've quit decades ago and still be a success. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Have podcasts replaced radio in terms of drive time daily listening? I’m sure they’ve got the public transport market covered, but are they penetrating the middle aged daily driver radio market?

Because not everyone wants to listen to Joe rogans dumb bro science every single day. Stern is also on satellite not regular radio so commercials work differently. And most new cars have satellite radio to begin with.

This ain’t hard to figure out fella. You like podcasts and that’s all you listen to but not everyone wants to listen to them all the time. Like me and millions of other people.

{<huh}

Not wanting to listen to Rogan doesn't show radio is a better format. There are thousands of podcasts.

Also your other argument is that you have to buy a car with satellite radio? Lol.

Have podcasts replaced radio in terms of drive time daily listening? I’m sure they’ve got the public transport market covered, but are they penetrating the middle aged daily driver radio market?

Not for me

Live sports talk radio is still the best

As for commercials, a lot of the times the host will just read the commercial really quick and get back to talking. The longest breaks are always right before the hour when its like 6 minutes of just commercials.

Back