Jones-Cormier is the greatest rivalry in MMA history

They fought once right?

I'd give Silva/Sonnen, Edgar/Maynard and even Tito/Chuck the edge over Jones/DC.

Fedor vs Nog
Wanderlei vs Rampage
Royce vs Ken
Saku vs the whole Gracie family
BTT vs Chute Boxe
GSP vs Penn
Anderson vs Sonnen

Also, although they only fought once, the Fedor and CroCop rivalry was pretty intense in the year before that fight.

Page needed to find an answer and he didn't, but Page came to bang that night. Rashad came to point fight and win the decision. Large portions of that fight he is just holding Page for Octagon Control winding out the clock. Still Page had him hurt in the 3rd round, and somehow managed to wiff a few times with Rashad wide open for big punches on the ground..

So what's your point?

Still Page had him hurt in the 3rd round, and somehow managed to wiff a few times with Rashad wide open for big punches on the ground..

I still don't understand how he managed to do that. Seriously looked like he pulled at least two punches.

Silva-Sonnen, Shogun-Machida, JDS-Cain, GSP-Hughes(at first)

I have to agree considering that Jones is unbeaten and Cormier's only loss is to Jones.

Top for me was GSP - BJ, tied with Wand Rampage.

Sonnen vs Silva was up there too

11vrtc6.jpg

Wanderlei20KOs20Rampage.gif

tumblr_m5dzdo9YBq1ry1rm7o1_r1_250.gif
Not only the best rivalry, but possibly the best trilogy.

The action in the pride fights was amazing.

Nah, that was mostly just Sonnen running that show until Silva shut him down in the cage. There was never really any doubt as to who was the better fighter here. Or talker for that matter.

Really ?

Sonnen left pretty clear that he could beat Anderson when he pound him for almost five rounds. That was the reason of that huge hype behind that rematch fight. Cormier vs Jones II isn't near to that at all.

I have to agree considering that Jones is unbeaten and Cormier's only loss is to Jones.

Another good point.
People are grasping so hard in this thread.
Just accept that not all old stuff is better than all new stuff.

Jones-Cormier is the most talented, most accoladed, most heated and most alpha rivalry in MMA history. It has the best storyline and the realest shit talk too.

Really ?

Sonnen left pretty clear that he could beat Anderson when he pound him for almost five rounds. That was the reason of that huge hype behind that rematch fight. Cormier vs Jones II isn't near to that at all.

Yea, he was a bad match-up for Anderson, but not even close to being the better fighter.

Agreed. It has spawned the incredulous/drug wars and on that alone,it is the best.

their first fight was too lackluster for it to qualify as some amazing rivalry. They didn't fight like there was bad blood.

Back