Jones-Cormier is the greatest rivalry in MMA history

Nahhhh

DC would actually have to have a chance to win that fight for me to call it that

Wand Vs Page... All 3 fights ended in finishes and were brutal ( Page's parting shot after ko'ing Wand, Wand's knees that could have killed a normal human). You knew neither was gonna play any games and were both looking to put the other in nite-nite land.

Simply a beautiful, competitive, bad intentioned spectacle of fights.

Nahhhh

DC would actually have to have a chance to win that fight for me to call it that
Look what DC did to Gus and what Gus did to Jones.
DC choked in the first fight against Jones. He's more ready this time, having achieved his goal of becoming champ.

I guess if you just started watching MMA like last year then I could understand your perspective. In my opinion the following rivalries were better....

Sakuraba vs Gracie BJJ
Chute Boxe vs BTT
Tito vs Chuck
Randy vs Chuck

I think it is definitely Silva & Chael... That was a great time for MMA.

Greatest rivalry ever, and they've only fought each other once. Not on board with that lol.

tumblr_muzqps0KTe1r0v2j2o1_400.gif

the most pumped up I ever was watching a fight... sick moment

Wanderlei vs Rampage and I don't feel it's close. Tito and Ken is up there hatewise, but was far from competitive. Also, shout out to Sakuraba vs the Gracies

Agree with the first few posters. Chael/Silva, Wandy/Rampage were just as good of rivalries.

Some other ones are Tito/Chuck, Tito/Shamrock (moreso for the storyline factor, not it being a competitive rivalry), BJ/GSP, I think if the Aldo/Conor fight were closer, you could definitley add that fight as well.

Then there's Sakuraba vs. the entire Gracie family. Ronda vs Miesha is also a good one. Gil/Thomson is another great rivalry from a classic and technical beauty aspect. I would add Cain/JDS as well, but it wasn't even comoetetive when Cain wasn't fighting him at 60% of his physical capabilities.

Jones/DC is a definite grudge match/rivalry, and they are very recently matched up, giving us a really good and tough fight, but GOAT rivalry, I don't think so.

Not even close.
I want to like this, as it is the most polite way to respond to this thread, but the drawback of having a highlighter name is, apparently, they took away that option.

so... +Juan.

I guess if you just started watching MMA like last year then I could understand your perspective. In my opinion the following rivalries were better....

Sakuraba vs Gracie BJJ
Chute Boxe vs BTT
Tito vs Chuck
Randy vs Chuck

The first two don't count.
And I mentioned Randy-Chuck in the OP.

Not even close. No one even talks about this rivalry outside of the hardcore fans.

I suppose the story is pretty unique, they are definitely the top 2 LHWs at the moment

When you factor in the build up to the first fight, the fact that jones was then stripped of his belt, which DC went on to win.
And now they are fighting again, with jones trying to reclaim what he never really lost

It is an intriguing story

I suppose the story is pretty unique, they are definitely the top 2 LHWs at the moment

When you factor in the build up to the first fight, the fact that jones was then stripped of his belt, which DC went on to win.
And now they are fighting again, with jones trying to reclaim what he never really lost

It is an intriguing story

This guy gets it.
And they're not just the two best LHWs at the moment. They're the best ever.

Silva vs Sonnen
Nah, that was mostly just Sonnen running that show until Silva shut him down in the cage. There was never really any doubt as to who was the better fighter here. Or talker for that matter.

DC has nothing for Jones. If they were closer skillwise and they were 1-1 then i would agree, but Jones smokes him. Period.

Back