Jones-Cormier is the greatest rivalry in MMA history

hqdefault.jpg
How can anyone look at Anderson's physique here and possibly get on their high horse about his late PED use somehow tainting his legendary status. I am almost willing to say that if you can look this way after PED use then who cares.

They might not have as much history as some other rivalries but in terms of ability, it has to be #1. They're both clearly the best at 205, Cormier is undefeated at Heavyweight and Jon Jones is The Chosen One.

It's up there. Legitimate hatred for one another. Two very different characters. Common opponent in Gustaffson who took both the distance. Then throw in all the other drama. Plus, Cormier is the first man Jones is going to have to fight again. Depends how this second fight turns out of course. But I remember the first fight, people were very much 50/50 on who would win.

You have Aldo-McGregor as number one? That wasn't a rivalry. That was a beatdown, both the verbal lead-up AND the fight. Hell, beatdown doesn't even begin to convey it. It was a mugging.

I admit.. I effed up when I wrote that.. I'm still a sherdog rook...

Cro cop vs wand was a good one. Two of the biggest alphas at the time not wanting to back down.

Another idiot who undermindes his own credibility by suggestion Conor-Aldo. That wasn't a rivalry. That was a one-sided mugging, both verbally and physically.

Change your tampax teenie, Conor / Aldo was a rivalry that went back and forth for a year. I loved the build up and the (short indeed) fight gave me great emotions. And it is not over, there will be a rematch some day and it will be awesome.

Don't let your hatred for a fighter cloud your perception, kiddo.

Cro cop vs wand was a good one. Two of the biggest alphas at the time not wanting to back down.
That kiss and wink from Crocop sitting on the stool made me laugh so hard.

I'm not getting all of the Silva/Sonnen votes. That was just a lot of Chael running his mouth. He lost both fights, and the fight that he almost won he was taking roids.

I think Jones and DC do have a good rivalry going. Rivalries are much easier to see when both fighters speak English. you can tell they really don't like each other. How often do scuffles happen at a random face off at the championship level?

Faber and Cruz is another good one. TJ and Cruz could grow to be one too

I'm not getting all of the Silva/Sonnen votes. That was just a lot of Chael running his mouth. He lost both fights, and the fight that he almost won he was taking roids.

I think Jones and DC do have a good rivalry going. Rivalries are much easier to see when both fighters speak English. you can tell they really don't like each other. How often do scuffles happen at a random face off at the championship level?

Faber and Cruz is another good one. TJ and Cruz could grow to be one too
Me neither.

When will Jones fanboys stop?

They are really desperate.

Its a great rivalry but don't see cormier having much of a chance, would rather see him fight rumble

DC needs to win the rematch for that to happen. Good thing for Jones is he's still only 28 and DC turns 37 next month. So DC can win the rematch and Jones can rebuild, win a fight or two and have the rubber match. DC is getting on in years and Jones if he keeps it together should still improve.

LMAO, have you only been watching mma for the past year or so?

So Wand obliterating Rampage twice makes for a better rivalry than hard-fought close battles? What.
(yes I know Rampage beat Wand many years later).

Jones vs Cormier was like Shad vs Page. There was a lot of hype and the fight just flopped when it happened.

Jones vs Cormier was like Shad vs Page. There was a lot of hype and the fight just flopped when it happened.

Page needed to find an answer and he didn't, but Page came to bang that night. Rashad came to point fight and win the decision. Large portions of that fight he is just holding Page for Octagon Control winding out the clock. Still Page had him hurt in the 3rd round, and somehow managed to wiff a few times with Rashad wide open for big punches on the ground..

There's been other great rivalries like Fedor-Nog and Chuck-Randy, but nothing really compares to this one in terms of bad blood, competitiveness, skill sets and alpha wills clashing.

Agree/diagree?

Not yet. Maybe someday.

Back