Who is the Greatest Champ Champ in MMA History Across All Orgs ?

Gonna say this thread doesn't make any sense.

Champ Champ means you hold 2 belts simultaneously.

TS defines it as "two weight class champions".

Those are two different things.

Greatest Champ Champ ever is DC. He didn't need to vacate a belt, either. He was actively defending both.

Greatest 2 weight is Handy. Captured 6 belts and every time he did, he wasn't supposed to and retired top 10 at 47 years old.

I’m no Conor fan but the whole “Champ Champ” phrase originated with him and meant simultaneous champion so to me that list should be a lot smaller.

My vote on that criteria is Hendo or DC

Gotta agree with BJ Penn Just cause he's a JBG disciple that fought from LW to HW.

Gonna say this thread doesn't make any sense.

Champ Champ means you hold 2 belts simultaneously.

TS defines it as "two weight class champions".

Those are two different things.

Greatest Champ Champ ever is DC. He didn't need to vacate a belt, either. He was actively defending both.

Greatest 2 weight is Handy. Captured 6 belts and every time he did, he wasn't supposed to and retired top 10 at 47 years old.

Good point, I actually didn't notice this thread title had "Champ Champ" in it.

Yeah..champ champ is simultaneous champs. More exclusive group.

I'd say Nunes was still the best champ-champ because she won both her titles from the best in their weight class as well as defended them (not there was much to defend at 145 lol). But still a more dominating champ than Cormier.

Of course if we ignore women then yeah, it's Daniel. Not a lot to choose from.

gsp and jones are top 2 you can put who you like more ahead of the others

the rest are so far away its not even close
Neither defended after they beat a weak champion, disqualified. We are talking real champ champs not one offs. Cormier is probably the best. Absolutely dominant at his original weight class and beat almost everyone at the lower weight class. I know he didn’t beat Jones after cutting 40 pounds but Jones didn’t beat him in his real weight class either.

Good point, I actually didn't notice this thread title had "Champ Champ" in it.

Yeah..champ champ is simultaneous champs. More exclusive group.

I'd say Nunes was still the best champ-champ because she won both her titles from the best in their weight class as well as defended them (not there was much to defend at 145 lol). But still a more dominating champ than Cormier.

Of course if we ignore women then yeah, it's Daniel. Not a lot to choose from.

I didn't see the thread till later but I was hoping I would've been one of the first responses in the thread to help clarify.

There's peeps arguing and they don't have the same question in their heads.

Neither defended after they beat a weak champion, disqualified. We are talking real champ champs not one offs. Cormier is probably the best. Absolutely dominant at his original weight class and beat almost everyone at the lower weight class. I know he didn’t beat Jones after cutting 40 pounds but Jones didn’t beat him in his real weight class either.
question is who is greatest not who was the best in both division and when we ask that question than i would agree with you that dc is ahead but i would put bj penn First. he was a legitimate champ in both division didnt defend the WW belt but did comeback to it and fought the top of the division and was the goat LW until khabib.

DC was a great fighter but has some *on both his title reign his HW win against stipe is highly controversial with the outragious eye poke right before the finish and defending against lewis is not a great quality defense. And his LHW title is shadowed by jones.

so I would actually put DC under Penn, Cejudo, Nunes and Couture

question is who is greatest not who was the best in both division and when we ask that question than i would agree with you that dc is ahead but i would put bj penn First. he was a legitimate champ in both division didnt defend the WW belt but did comeback to it and fought the top of the division and was the goat LW until khabib.

DC was a great fighter but has some *on both his title reign his HW win against stipe is highly controversial with the outragious eye poke right before the finish and defending against lewis is not a great quality defense. And his LHW title is shadowed by jones.

so I would actually put DC under Penn, Cejudo, Nunes and Couture
I absolutely love Randy but he has too many losses, Amanda easily wins but she ruled over the weakest divisions. Penn was phenomenal on natural talent but his poor conditioning loses me. I stand by Cormier but understand your opinion as well.

If jones didn’t exist it would definitely be dc, and it still might be. Other than him I’d go with bj

Back