Jones-Cormier is the greatest rivalry in MMA history

Okay, something's wrong with Sherdog.
Is there a new wave of n00bs or something?

It's a good one for sure.
GSP/Penn
Hughes/Penn
Silva/Sonnen

The best part about DC/Jones is they both talk mad shit while being the two best guys in the division.

Silva/Sonnen
Wand/Rampage
Penn/GSP. Maybe could have been GSP/Diaz if the fight delivered..
Tito smashing Shamrock - Liddel smashing Tito
Sakuraba-Gracie lacks Rickson.

In my opinion..This rivals are better than Jones vs DC:

Saku - Gracies
Wand - Rampage
Fedor - Nog/CroCop
Saku - Gracies
Tim Sylvia - AA
BJPenn - Hughes - GSP

All time.. My top five is:

5) GSP v. Penn
4) GSP v. Hughes
3) A. Silva v. Sonnen
2) W. Silva v. Rampage
1) Liddell v. Ortiz

Current top five:

5) Lawler v. MacDonald
4) Jones v. Cormier
3) Rousey v. Tate
2) Jedrzejczyk v. Gadelha
1) Aldo v. McGregor

Thoughts?

Yea sure man... two of the squarest black guys. Then so is Theo Huxtable vs. Urkel.

Mir vs. Lesnar and Mir vs. Nog were pretty interesting as well.

All time.. My top five is:
Current top five:
5) Lawler v. MacDonald
4) Jones v. Cormier
3) Rousey v. Tate
2) Jedrzejczyk v. Gadelha
1) Aldo v. McGregor

Thoughts?

You have Aldo-McGregor as number one? That wasn't a rivalry. That was a beatdown, both the verbal lead-up AND the fight. Hell, beatdown doesn't even begin to convey it. It was a mugging.

It's a good one for sure.
GSP/Penn
Hughes/Penn
Silva/Sonnen

The best part about DC/Jones is they both talk mad shit while being the two best guys in the division.

And they're fairly evenly matched. Their fight was a close one with Jones taking 3 rounds and Cormier taking 2. Can't wait to see what will happen now that the roles are reversed and Cormier is the champ.

Not even close.

Chuck - Tito
Anderson - Chael
Faber - Cruz
Wand - Rampage
Conor - Aldo

Cormier goes through life big-dogging everyone. He's not mean spirited about it but everyone knows hes the alpha jock at practice and in the locker room. He likes pranks and bullying people around.

He was captain of his Olympic team and he's team captain of AKA. Watch any video of him training or even sitting in his hotel room with coaches and you'll see him grabbing whoever is around him. He loves to clown on people.

Then along came Jon Jones, who straight up son'd him.

Not just dumping him repeatedly, which emotionally broke him, but literally ending a round with him ass-on-mat getting face palmed. Cormier was getting clowned by Jones out in the open.

Suffice to say Cormier wants this win back more than anything. Probably more than he wanted Olympic gold. This is his last chance to be champion and his athletic career is nearly up.

I'm picking Jones in the rematch but I'm expecting the best trained, most motivated Cormier we've ever seen.

Mir-Lesnar. I wouldn't mind Brock coming back and fighting Mir in a grudgematch. It's a definition of a rivalry. It started out due to MIr beating Brock. It's legitimate, wouldn't expect them to shake each others hand if they saw each other on the street. Mir's still reeling after getting his face mushed against the cage with those massive lunch boxes.
This rivalry makes me feel all kinds of tingly.

It has the greatest story for sure. It's like the best pro wrestling storyline in years, lol.

tumblr_muzqps0KTe1r0v2j2o1_400.gif

Not even close.

Chuck - Tito
Anderson - Chael
Faber - Cruz
Wand - Rampage
Conor - Aldo

Another idiot who undermindes his own credibility by suggestion Conor-Aldo. That wasn't a rivalry. That was a one-sided mugging, both verbally and physically.

Back