Joe Rogan: Society Is A Trap And Work Is Meaningless

You've got all the answers don't you pal? Patronizing hard working folks with your hippie BS.

Nope. Not all the answers. Never said, pretended, claimed anyone did.

You operate purely in dramatic prose. You're like a teenage girl (even your name echoes this, an equivalent would be like SuperBakedRastaman420) who doesn't understand how to discuss things with adults.

Don't be an idiot.

I'm self employed now in my thirties after years, and years of hard work in a career that I picked because it was right in line with my passion and creativity.

Don't blame Joe or anyone else if you (and the masses) wasted your lives working shit jobs, accumulating debt in schools and partying when you could have been developing crafts, skills and the networks required to become a successful self employed entrepreneur.

No one holds anyone back more than themselves. If you don't know what you want to be, why you want to be it, let alone how to be it you need to wake up tomorrow and start to beat your head against the wall until the answers to those questions become clear.

Joe is 100% right. People don't have to choose failed lives, failed careers. You don't have to listen to shitty music, do drugs or commit crimes either. In fact, if you want to go out right now and become the best guitarist the world has ever seen, the best painter, the best writer, etc. Whatever it is. Nothing is stopping you. It doesn't take money to even get through these doors and if the initial fee does have $$ stamp on it it's not going to be much.

Buy a guitar, a pencil, camera or canvas and start shaping your life.

I hope this is sarcasm. There are millions of musicians, painters and writers who cannot use their skills to financially support themselves.

Easy answer to this: Make those jobs extremely desirable with immense payouts.

Stop paying foot ball players and morons on television 20 million a year and make jobs in education, healthcare and environment be the real rockstars of our society.

Then they're still not doing what they love rather it's for the love of lots of money those jobs would've pay which goes right back to consumerism culture.

Wow, could you be any more smug?

Can you provide an argument (or single post for that matter) that demonstrates you know anything about the issues being discussed?

All you've done is call people morons, told them they've acted smug, etc.

My advice to you would be shut the fuck up or contribute something of value.

This kid.... :icon_lol:

You strike me as someone who pre-washes my car when I pull up to Brown Bear.

I've traveled the world homie, teaching hard working folks an honest trade. I make a great living through hard work. Maybe Mommy and Daddy afforded you a lifestyle that allowed you to "sow your oates" and find a bullshit career in the arts or some shit? Most of us aren't so lucky.

I have vague suspicion that world full of UFC commentating comedians, video gamers, pot smokers, football players, musicians etc. would die out of hunger and cold somehow quickly Joe. :p

All you've done is call people morons, told them they've acted smug, etc.

Are you kidding? I haven't called anyone a moron but I've counted at least 3 of your recent posts where you've done exactly that.

You're a shitty troll.

I've traveled the world homie, teaching hard working folks an honest trade. I make a great living through hard work. Maybe Mommy and Daddy afforded you a lifestyle that allowed you to "sow your oates" and find a bullshit career in the arts or some shit? Most of us aren't so lucky.

Again. Back to victimizing yourselves.

"We aren't lucky!"

"Talented rich people are just lucky with rich parents!"

You kids are all singing the exact same tune.

Then they're still not doing what they love rather it's for the love of lots of money those jobs would've pay which goes right back to consumerism culture.

I'd quit doing my "job of passion" and go work in a sewage facility for twenty million a year. It'd allow me to contribute to the humanitarian efforts at a greater rate than what I contribute now. Among other things. In summary it'd perpetuate what I love.

This isn't, clearly, what Joe is criticizing.

Work can be very rewarding. I'm a software engineer and staff scientist for a research institution. We study the lithosphere, mainly doing seismology. I get to be part of increasing the sum of human knowledge. I get to travel the world, meet interesting people and do awesome science. I just got back from Botswana, along with using active source seismology to map the crust of the earth at the okavango rift I also got to get with 15 feet of a pride of lions in the wild!

16218250072_0027ae4afb_o_copy.jpg

16033266847_3fec1809ea_o.jpg

In short... working fucking rocks.

Rest of the pics here.

But you ain't living bro. Your a worker bee, mindlessly producing for the market, being lead by.. someone, or something??

You should take lots of AlphaBrain and not do shit all day, cuz your life sounds like it sux ass.

Are you kidding? I haven't called anyone a moron but I've counted at least 3 of your recent posts where you've done exactly that.

You're a shitty troll.

At least I'm honest / consistent.

You're a shitty liar:

Nothing worse than a bunch of lazy simple-minded stoners sitting around mumbling on about how things ought to be.

The good news is these morons don't get out much and have little influence on anything.

Oh I definitely do. It's thinly veiled hubris. Standard Rogan stoner talk. Nothing to see here.

Sorry. I took "lazy simple-minded stoners" and the word "morons" as well, insults and the usage of the word moron.

You have nothing to say here. Go troll someplace else.

Don't be an idiot.

I'm self employed now in my thirties after years, and years of hard work in a career that I picked because it was right in line with my passion and creativity.

Don't blame Joe or anyone else if you (and the masses) wasted your lives working shit jobs, accumulating debt in schools and partying when you could have been developing crafts, skills and the networks required to become a successful self employed entrepreneur.

No one holds anyone back more than themselves. If you don't know what you want to be, why you want to be it, let alone how to be it you need to wake up tomorrow and start to beat your head against the wall until the answers to those questions become clear.

Joe is 100% right. People don't have to choose failed lives, failed careers. You don't have to listen to shitty music, do drugs or commit crimes either. In fact, if you want to go out right now and become the best guitarist the world has ever seen, the best painter, the best writer, etc. Whatever it is. Nothing is stopping you. It doesn't take money to even get through these doors and if the initial fee does have $$ stamp on it it's not going to be much.

Buy a guitar, a pencil, camera or canvas and start shaping your life.

Don't be an idiot. We're not living in some Randian utopia. It's easy to attribute a bunch of negative qualities to the masses, but that's not what life is really like. Joe has even said it himself - sometimes you just have to get on the freeway, and sit in traffic, and go to work at the job you hate, in order to survive. You simply can't be whatever it is you want to be. You see it every week in exemplary fashion in the UFC. Some guys put everything they possibly can into the sport, and still come up short. That's life.

Everything you said doesn't change the fact that it's easy to look down from the ivory tower and do whatever you want to do when you no longer have to worry about financial gain. It's easy to say material wealth doesn't matter when you virtually have unlimited resources.

I hope this is sarcasm. There are millions of musicians, painters and writers who cannot use their skills to financially support themselves.

And like Joe said, again, they are in the wrong fields and need to find out where and how they can contribute.

I was using those instances as examples of craft.

Could be replaced with carpentry, metal smithing, etc.

Joe also thinks that we didn't go to the moon and that during drug trips we communicate with beings from another dimension.

Basically, if Rogan says it and it isn't related to martial arts or healthy eating, my advice is to just ignore him. He thinks his comedy is funny. Says it all.
Misinformation. Joe did believe the moon conspiracy but Neil Tyson was on his podcast and answered joes questions. Give the man some credit.

I like Joe, but this sounds like something an 18 year old would say while stoned or tripping...a sincere sentiment, but not grounded in the real world. Division of labor is essential to a technological society. To quote the judge in Caddyshack, "the world needs ditch diggers too."

Like him or not Rogan is living the dream. He makes a ton of money doing what he loves with people at the top of any field that interests him.

It's a well-known phenomenon for people to give themselves too much credit while also not attributing enough credit to others.

People are quick to judge others as not having earned their keep while boasting about how they overcame endless adversity to succeed.

Anyone who judges an honest hardworking man as some kind of slave is a POS who is obviously giving himself way too much credit while also needlessly degrading another man who they probably know absolutely nothing about.

Shows how disconnected Rogan has become.

Don't be an idiot. We're not living in some Randian utopia. It's easy to attribute a bunch of negative qualities to the masses, but that's not what life is really like. Joe has even said it himself - sometimes you just have to get on the freeway, and sit in traffic, and go to work at the job you hate, in order to survive. You simply can't be whatever it is you want to be. You see it every week in exemplary fashion in the UFC. Some guys put everything they possibly can into the sport, and still come up short. That's life.

Everything you said doesn't change the fact that it's easy to look down from the ivory tower and do whatever you want to do when you no longer have to worry about financial gain. It's easy to say material wealth doesn't matter when you virtually have unlimited resources.

You're only echoing my stronger points. I said exactly this. When you've toppled your respective industry or career you'll feel the same as Joe.

It's only the poor, angry, bitter and unsuccessful that spite Rogan for speaking truth about doing what you love and finding success in it.

These people didn't start crafts in their early teens (blame your shitty parents) and didn't go into their 20's with a career. Joe was working at bars before he could even drink at them.

Honestly, it feels like you're all just sorry excuses for humans and want to blame everyone but yourselves (maybe not you in particular, but everyone bitching and moaning that they have it so hard and can't build a regime of their own).

You think Joe just got up at age 20 and decided he wanted to be a comedian? I bet he was working on his craft since he was 15. I started when I was 12. When did you start practicing to become whatever it is that you're doing now?

Chances are you've only been doing it for 2-3 years, and it's not even what you went to school for. This is the majority we're talking about here. Goldfish population.

Whatever he's taking it seems like it's too much.

Again. Back to victimizing yourselves.

"We aren't lucky!"

"Talented rich people are just lucky with rich parents!"

You kids are all singing the exact same tune.

I've never victimized myself. I worked hard to achieve the life and career I have. Your patronizing of other hard working folks is disgusting. Your self serving, sanctimonious, posts are a testament to your lack of character and ego run riot.

I mean, no offense again, but I'm not trying to play armchair psychiatrist with you. The fact you're willing to analyze someone you've never met all whilst pretending it's them with emotional issues....Is a tad crazy.

End of the day though I'd say it again, you're full of shit. Morons like yourselves want to paint Joe (or others of his ilk) as "lucky" because it allows you to feel better about your shittier lives that lack in anything resembling success.

You mean no offense but call me a moron? Lmao ok. I'm not trying to armchair analyze you, but your every post is reeking of an aching lonliness. It's honestly sad to see something like this. I can read through the lines and see the isolation, and it's breaking my heart. I don't know what Rogan's "ilk" is, and I don't know how you would assume from my brief post that I have a shitty life. It was more of a joke than anything: Rogan made his name as a stand-up comedian, and in my opinion he's not funny at all. Which is why I said he's lucky.

In reality, I know that it's not blind luck that got him where he's at, I'm sure he had to kiss a lot of ass and do a lot of things he didn't want to do...like a lot of us take jobs we're not passionate about, but with hard work, determination, and a little luck, we can get where we want to be.

You on the other hand are a sad individual who hurls insults at strangers, and boasts about success on the internet. It isn't bad luck that got you in your real life situation either, so try to adopt a positive attitude, pursue life goals with the same zest you troll forum threads, and hopefully things will look up for you like I said before. Good luck to you.

Back