Joe Rogan: Society Is A Trap And Work Is Meaningless

Here is the kicker.

Do you think it's the people working shit jobs at burger king, or cleaning up road kill who will advance us to the technological excellence required to automate these processes?

No. It's the rich, educated, happy and forward thinking population that is paving the roads (pun intended) for these advancements in culture. Thank God people out there are doing what they love and contributing back to society through art, literature, science, medicine and humanitarian efforts. You will "not" find these people disagreeing with Rogan.

Being one of those people that pave the way for technological advancement I'd say that you're wrong. It doesn't matter what ideas I create if there aren't plenty of workers ready to do the less interesting job of mass-producing the components necessary, and so on. Thinking that it just takes these creative minds is a very uneducated stance.

You present yourself as an angry child who insists on putting words in peoples mouths and telling them to fuck off after accusing them of an enlarged ego.

Yawn.

You come off as a pampered,self important,douche who is incapable of "walking in someone elses shoes"......Personally I would like to see that ego stripped off of you boy. Put some of the life skills you've learned to the test. Like how to survive when the deck is stacked against you. Trying to feed your family while the noose is tightening. Having responsibilities outside of just yourself......But life was easy for you so "in your little brain", it should be easy for everyone else? I live in the real world boy. Not the teddy bear picnic you've portrayed in your repulsive condescending posts.

was going to respond to all your ignorant posts but the quote was as long as a novel from all your posts in this thread. You have no idea what you're talking about and have a really simplistic naive view of the world. You don't even understand the basics of economics, free enterprise and competition. You and Rogan are in the same boat of stupidity.

If a million people try to sell paintings, play football, start a company, do comedy, etc etc, only a very limited number are going to succeed at it in a sustainable way. Aside from that, the economy is built on a bartering system and every part of that system needs laborers. Could a painter even have a chance of success without paint and canvas? no. There are companies that make paint and canvas. And within those companies are laborers that make and maintain the machines that mix the paint and can the paint, create the labels, deliver the paint, salesman that sell the paint, paint stores that sell the paint that need employees to run the store. etc etc. Do you see how stupid your logic is? Everybody can't be the top guy, it's just simply not possible. That's why people with viewpoints like Rogan's and yours are just childish and delusional.

Fair questions with easy answers but difficult execution.

Most crafts don't have a single application. My friend is a welder who can take his metalsmithing into a multitude of career opportunities when and if his business fails. A failed film composer friend of mine with 120k in academic expenses is now producing and composing for indie projects, trailers and games. I had a radiologist I dated who had to quit for health reasons and now took her education in medicine and health to get a job as a physicians assistant, et cetera.

Goes on and on. Hard workers work hard and people with crafts are usually excellent in multiple areas. If and when "my" career fails I'll go back to Microsoft. Always have a back up, always have more than one craft as well. That's why it's important to start young.

Eh, this is pretty much stating that sufficiently smart and industrious people will always find some 'way', TBH.

Which is true, but doesn't necessarily have much to do with education, planning or whatever.

Some, (majority, minority, whatever one wants to believe) will fail.

So many fools in here. Going to next thread. C YA!

No interest in hearing Rogan's pseudo intellectual babble. Even those who do what they love should acknowledge how much they rely on society and those people doing "meaningless jobs". Those "meaningless jobs" let you drive your car on the street, eat at restaurants, pump gas, call someone on a telephone, go to the grocery store, etc. His ramblings are that of a stoned high schooler.

That doesn't mean you personally have to do a meaningless job. So do you believe Joe thought he was going to tip the masses here? Or maybe telling his fans, many of whom are constantly talking to him about the jobs they themselves hate as individualities, that there is a better way?

But whine about him using cannabis. I guess if someone drinks recreationally they're a hiccuping drunk, too.

Being one of those people that pave the way for technological advancement I'd say that you're wrong. It doesn't matter what ideas I create if there aren't plenty of workers ready to do the less interesting job of mass-producing the components necessary, and so on. Thinking that it just takes these creative minds is a very uneducated stance.

same point I just made in different words.

Post what you love, because the Sherdog forums are a trap and your posting is meaningless.

same point I just made in different words.

You're both right and wrong in your respective arguments.

Assuming that because we need the nameless and faceless to be the cogs in my greater machine takes away from the validity of my point is asinine.

Not only do those nameless and faceless dream of achieving who / what I am. They also deserve it. This is my point to begin with and something that hasn't been addressed.

You're saying destiny has placed them there, these lesser few, and for convenience sake you'd prefer them to remain static?

This is where we begin to divide and I side with Joe.

I love how people think Joe is smart. He has not said anything that hasn't been sad over and over again. He regurgitates old philosophy and people think he is some genius of original thought.

Now this is original.

And anyone who still calls people 'smart' is an idiot. They just are.

People can be insightful. People can be empathetic to the point where they see everything from all sides before making a decision. People can be logical in believing and acting on only things they know and can rely upon.

If you're not actually, anatomically or chemically debilitated

Not only do those nameless and faceless dream of achieving who / what I am. They also deserve it.

Christ your ego pal? Who the fuck wants to be a sanctimonious tambourine beating hippie like yourself? You should start a cult and take all the slackers with you.

So many fools in here. Going to next thread. C YA!

I promise you, seriously, these people are in their early twenties or below.

The main argument against Joe is essentially in some backwards capacity an argument for child labor and the industrial trade winds of the 21st century. People don't want change to happen and they'd prefer to turn a blind eye to those lesser in hopes of keeping things moderately successful for themselves.

Christ your ego pal? Who the fuck wants to be a sanctimonious tambourine beating hippie like yourself? You should start a cult and take all the slackers with you.

The fact that you couldn't even understand I wasn't speaking about myself is insane.

I was actually speaking from his shoes, not mine. He's talking about all the people in the cog below him and I'm saying they'd probably love to be in his shoes too.

Don't expect anymore responses from me.

Send this shit to the wasteland or w/e

I promise you, seriously, these people are in their early twenties or below.

The main argument against Joe is essentially in some backwards capacity an argument for child labor and the industrial trade winds of the 21st century. People don't want change to happen and they'd prefer to turn a blind eye to those lesser in hopes of keeping things moderately successful for themselves.

Which is a joke anyway when you look statistically at the success of Americans.

But I've totally resigned myself to just enjoy not being a shit-shoveling idiot. Let the fools fester. Semester starts for me Tuesday, and everyone's life will keep moving forward for better or worst.

You're both right and wrong in your respective arguments.

Assuming that because we need the nameless and faceless to be the cogs in my greater machine takes away from the validity of my point is asinine.

Not only do those nameless and faceless dream of achieving who / what I am. They also deserve it. This is my point to begin with and something that hasn't been addressed.

You're saying destiny has placed them there, these lesser few, and for convenience sake you'd prefer them to remain static?

This is where we begin to divide and I side with Joe.

I'm not saying that because I don't believe in destinies and such mysticism.

I'm saying that in order to make things available on a large scale there has to be plenty of boring jobs involved. If it isn't then you're working too small and too slow and your product won't be seen by more than a few.

I don't see their work as meaningless either. It can both be meaningful to society (meaning it makes many other people's lives better) and it can be meaningful to the person. If not directly then because of what the job allows the person to do outside of work. Plenty of people don't aspire to anything more either. If it amounts to a happy life then it's very meaningful. It's the given individual's happiness we have to look at, not what we ourselves want as that only displays lacking ability for abstract thinking.

I wouldn't really brag too much about that I have worked to get a really good job either. That work is nothing compared to what some people in the world need to do in life so I have little to be arrogant about.

was going to respond to all your ignorant posts but the quote was as long as a novel from all your posts in this thread. You have no idea what you're talking about and have a really simplistic naive view of the world. You don't even understand the basics of economics, free enterprise and competition. You and Rogan are in the same boat of stupidity.

Yes. I'll take it. I'm an idiot, Joe Rogan is an idiot. We're confused, we don't understand the world and we're very naive. Economics and free enterprise? What's that? I don't even know what competition means.

In the end though, damn, I love being lucky. I'm super wealthy, I own my own house with a ton of property and somehow I managed to fall into running an international business and traveling for three months out of every year to really weird places where they speak funny languages.

Life is hard for people like myself and Joe. I really don't know how we wake up every morning and look at ourselves in the mirror.

That doesn't mean you personally have to do a meaningless job. So do you believe Joe thought he was going to tip the masses here? Or maybe telling his fans, many of whom are constantly talking to him about the jobs they themselves hate as individualities, that there is a better way?

But whine about him using cannabis. I guess if someone drinks recreationally they're a hiccuping drunk, too.

The title of this thread is supposedly a quote from Rogan saying "Society is a trap and work is meaningless". That's exactly what I am addressing. These "meaningless jobs" are what enable Joe to live his everyday life.

And no, I don't agree that everyone should find what they love and do it. I work in a profession where I see the financials of all walks of life. I see businesses start and I see businesses fail. I review bankruptcies of businesses. I see businesses that struggle. Any entrepreneur will tell you that chasing your passion and turning it into a business requires a lot of dedication, sacrifice, uncertainty, etc. For everyone that has pulled through with it, there is another who failed.

Joe is right, if you are going to work, do something you love. How can people be arguing this shit?

I swear its only because Joe Rogan said it.

Back