Joe Rogan: Society Is A Trap And Work Is Meaningless

I've never victimized myself. I worked hard to achieve the life and career I have. Your patronizing of other hard working folks is disgusting. Your self serving, sanctimonious, are a testament to your lack of character and ego run riot.

I'm sure you've worked very hard and everyone is impressed.

:redface:

Sadly I can't take anything you're saying seriously given the fact you are entirely what you appear to be criticizing. Anyone can scroll back and read your drivel for themselves - You present yourself as an angry child who insists on putting words in peoples mouths and telling them to fuck off after accusing them of an enlarged ego.

Yawn.

I agree. Workin ain't living. We have all this technology now, and still work 5 days a week. We are like bees, who just mindlessly produce. But what are we producing? Whatever the market demands. Supposedly. It is a hive mind. We are lead around by the desires of other people.

Time is all there is. Time is growth. Time is change. And time is money.

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said:

Why is this in the UFC Discussion forum?

And who gives a shit what Rogan has to say outside of MMA? I'll be the first to admit I like hearing him speak about the sport but when it comes to anything else ...

All who criticize Rogan here obviously don

We have great propensity technologically to make these jobs easier and less cringeworthy to do anyway. Scraping up a dead rac**** wouldn't be nearly as bad if you have a little robotic thing you control like an RC car to do it for you. Coming up with something like this is definitely something some people would enjoy.

And Joe is completely right. Work is meaningless unless it follows introspection and creativity. You have to do things that mean something to you. He's not saying this expecting the world to all start living in trees and painting pictures. He's telling the people who like him and are open-minded anyway, that there is a happier way to live than slinging insurance or shoveling mud all day.

But yes, insects. Whine about the evil weed grass like a fool because you know he's doing it right.

Here is the kicker.

Do you think it's the people working shit jobs at burger king, or cleaning up road kill who will advance us to the technological excellence required to automate these processes?

No. It's the rich, educated, happy and forward thinking population that is paving the roads (pun intended) for these advancements in culture. Thank God people out there are doing what they love and contributing back to society through art, literature, science, medicine and humanitarian efforts. You will "not" find these people disagreeing with Rogan.

tumblr_llz3a2yBGQ1qggkf4.gif

And like Joe said, again, they are in the wrong fields and need to find out where and how they can contribute.

I was using those instances as examples of craft.

Could be replaced with carpentry, metal smithing, etc.

Lmao who is this guy? You're trying to talk about art but you don't even seem to know anything about how hard it is to make money off of being an artist.

Open a damn history book and actually learn about art. Many of the people whose art we admire today lived in poverty. These were insanely creative people who weren't financially successful. Skill had nothing to do with it.

You think Joe just got up at age 20 and decided he wanted to be a comedian? I bet he was working on his craft since he was 15. I started when I was 12. When did you start practicing to become whatever it is that you're doing now?

Chances are you've only been doing it for 2-3 years, and it's not even what you went to school for. This is the majority we're talking about here. Goldfish population.

So what happens if 'craft' you've been practicing since 12 goes to shit, steadily or rapidly, due to technological changes, changes of demand, or simple mistakes?

One starts something entirely different likely. Starting all over again. Like with everything in life.

No interest in hearing Rogan's pseudo intellectual babble. Even those who do what they love should acknowledge how much they rely on society and those people doing "meaningless jobs". Those "meaningless jobs" let you drive your car on the street, eat at restaurants, pump gas, call someone on a telephone, go to the grocery store, etc. His ramblings are that of a stoned high schooler.

So what happens if 'craft' you've been practicing since 12 goes to shit, steadily or rapidly, due to technological changes, or simply changes on market?

One starts something entirely different likely. Starting all over again.

Fair questions with easy answers but difficult execution.

Most crafts don't have a single application. My friend is a welder who can take his metalsmithing into a multitude of career opportunities when and if his business fails. A failed film composer friend of mine with 120k in academic expenses is now producing and composing for indie projects, trailers and games. I had a radiologist I dated who had to quit for health reasons and now took her education in medicine and health to get a job as a physicians assistant, et cetera.

Goes on and on. Hard workers work hard and people with crafts are usually excellent in multiple areas. If and when "my" career fails I'll go back to Microsoft. Always have a back up, always have more than one craft as well. That's why it's important to start young.

Here's the reality: inequality is a fact of nature.

There will always be some humans who have shitty lives and some who have amazing lives. Even in the most desirable socialized societies in Europe this is the case.

Right now, there is a good looking, healthy, wealthy man whose primary concerns are his next professional success, his next vacation and the hot chick he wants to (and will likely) fuck. And then you have a guy born with a deformed face who is 5'3" and has learning disabilities. Both of them have a certain trajectory in life, and one will always be jealous of the other. Most of us are somewhere in the middle.

The middle class lifestyle is really pretty good when you think about it, but slaving away at a job you hate to attain it isn't that appealing. That said, what are your alternatives? You find friends, family and pleasures to make life worthwhile. Not everyone can be a high achiever.

You mean no offense but call me a moron? Lmao ok. I'm not trying to armchair analyze you, but your every post is reeking of an aching lonliness. It's honestly sad to see something like this. I can read through the lines and see the isolation, and it's breaking my heart. I don't know what Rogan's "ilk" is, and I don't know how you would assume from my brief post that I have a shitty life. It was more of a joke than anything: Rogan made his name as a stand-up comedian, and in my opinion he's not funny at all. Which is why I said he's lucky.

In reality, I know that it's not blind luck that got him where he's at, I'm sure he had to kiss a lot of ass and do a lot of things he didn't want to do...like a lot of us take jobs we're not passionate about, but with hard work, determination, and a little luck, we can get where we want to be.

You on the other hand are a sad individual who hurls insults at strangers, and boasts about success on the internet. It isn't bad luck that got you in your real life situation either, so try to adopt a positive attitude, pursue life goals with the same zest you troll forum threads, and hopefully things will look up for you like I said before. Good luck to you.

Many people find his stand-up funny, though. I know I do. I don't put him there with a Burr or a Prime-Chappelle, but I think he's funny. I didn't think Tabernacle was great but Rocky Mountain was. His style's just more conversation 'this is weird' style, and it appeals to some and I guess not to others

I love how people think Joe is smart. He has not said anything that hasn't been sad over and over again. He regurgitates old philosophy and people think he is some genius of original thought.

Get off your computer.

I love how people think Joe is smart. He has not said anything that hasn't been sad over and over again. He regurgitates old philosophy and people think he is some genius of original thought.

Get off your computer.

We're not associating him with the brilliance of these ideas. That one Jones guy has posted many quotes from an ancient bygone era that say the same things. We aren't confused as to where this is coming from.

But, I mean, let's say for arguments sake we did think Joe said all of this for the very first time. Does that lessen the message?

Not at all. You're just trying to be an ass.

Money is a social construct designed to make you bust your ass all day just to obtain it.

1. Calling something a social construct is equivalent to saying that people found a thing so useful that it became universally used. Yet the type of people who enjoy labeling things social constructs seem to think that anything socially constructed has minimal value.

2. Money is a massively significant invention that allows for the fungibility of wealth. (I am sure an economist would say it much better.) Few people truly bust their ass for money. It is the security, comfort, necessities, and luxuries money can can easily be converted to that people work for.

3. It is possible to lose perspective about money and work, as they are not the only things in life, but to say either are not important is quite stupid.

stop listening to his podcast and go do your own research ...think for yourself

He's talking about the fact that EVERYONE should do what they love, because then the shittiest job would become the highest paid and suddenly being a serviceable fellow aint so bad anymore.

Back