Joe Rogan: Society Is A Trap And Work Is Meaningless

Anyone whose listened to Rogan long enough will know how divorced from reality he has become.

Regardless, I'm somewhat fascinated by the "enlightened" ones who claim to have all the solutions to our socioeconomic problems and have clearly figured out how to realign the division of labor in our society so that everyone can draw maximum satisfaction from their occupation. And yet, have spent the last two hours arguing on a message board dedicated to a sport with a massively unbalanced pay scale that often leaves the ones who follow your philosophy financially poor, physically broken, and without any future prospects.

But I bet they're thrilled not to be a "cog in a machine".

The fact that you couldn't even understand I wasn't speaking about myself is insane.

I was actually speaking from his shoes, not mine. He's talking about all the people in the cog below him and I'm saying they'd probably love to be in his shoes too.

Don't expect anymore responses from me.

Yeah, well you know I am just a common dude. You know, the ones you patronize with your hippie rhetoric. Your intellect, and enhanced view of the world goes way above my head......Have fun changing the world one maladjusted hippie at a time.

You could have never have survived in my world kid, with your attitude you never would have been able to leave the house.

I'm not saying that because I don't believe in destinies and such mysticism.

I'm saying that in order to make things available on a large scale there has to be plenty of boring jobs involved. If it isn't then you're working too small and too slow and your product won't be seen by more than a few.

I don't see their work as meaningless either. It can both be meaningful to society (meaning it makes many other people's lives better) and it can be meaningful to the person. If not directly then because of what the job allows the person to do outside of work. Plenty of people don't aspire to anything more either. If it amounts to a happy life then it's very meaningful. It's the given individual's happiness we have to look at, not what we ourselves want as that only displays lacking ability for abstract thinking.

I wouldn't really brag too much about that I have worked to get a really good job either. That work is nothing compared to what some people in the world need to do in life so I have little to be arrogant about.

I agree with this too. And I even had solutions for it:

Automation (which is happening regardless).

Pay these people better salaries.

If you got 20 million a year to operate a sewage plant, or working under an engineer like yourself in a facility mass producing _____, etc. I'm all for it. Take it away from the athletes and entertainers and start helping people who work the jobs that are less desirable. Make them the new "rockstars".

If you put hours and hours of unedited footage of yourself talking with various people out on the internet, invariably a healthy percentage of everybody who came across it would hate you for it.

The reason I like Joe is that he isn't afraid of that. He's a self-actualized individual who will discuss any subject with anybody, to the best of his ability.

You come off as a pampered,self important,douche who is incapable of "walking in someone elses shoes"......Personally I would like to see that ego stripped off of you boy. Put some of the life skills you've learned to the test. Like how to survive when the deck is stacked against you. Trying to feed your family while the noose is tightening. Having responsibilities outside of just yourself......But life was easy for you so "in your little brain", it should be easy for everyone else? I live in the real world boy. Not the teddy bear picnic you've portrayed in your repulsive condescending posts.

I notice you skipped over this one hippie?

But Joe my passion is radio communications and broadcasting. I love being an emergency dispatcher?

Anyone whose listened to Rogan long enough will know how divorced from reality he has become.

Regardless, I'm somewhat fascinated by the "enlightened" ones who claim to have all the solutions to our socioeconomic problems and have clearly figured out how to realign the division of labor in our society so that everyone can draw maximum satisfaction from their occupation. And yet, have spent the last two hours arguing on a message board dedicated to a sport with a massively unbalanced pay scale that often leaves the ones who follow your philosophy financially poor, physically broken, and without any future prospects.

Great post.

Rogan thinks everyone should be able to do what he has done:
-Kickbox
-Host a radio podcast a lot of people listen to
-Be a MMA announcer
-Do standup comedy

Though I'm not trying to discredit his professions, it annoys me on his podcasts when he glorifies them as if they are somehow the pinnacle of a job to do. He then shits all over more practical jobs that keep the economy intact. Just shows ignorance on his part.

You will always get that with Rogan though. Some stuff he says you'll love, some you'll hate. He's polarizing and it makes him fun to listen to.

Again. Back to victimizing yourselves.

"We aren't lucky!"

"Talented rich people are just lucky with rich parents!"

You kids are all singing the exact same tune.

I'd quit doing my "job of passion" and go work in a sewage facility for twenty million a year. It'd allow me to contribute to the humanitarian efforts at a greater rate than what I contribute now. Among other things. In summary it'd perpetuate what I love.

This isn't, clearly, what Joe is criticizing.

Did you ever think that maybe a lot of people do not give a shit about contributing to the arts?

Did you ever think that some people can actually enjoy their jobs? Of course not, lol.

You're hilarious, everyone in here is laughing at you.

But Joe my passion is radio communications and broadcasting. I love being an emergency dispatcher?

You should have picked up a guitar, or a canvass, a pencil or something? No way you are happy doing that meaningless job. Who needs emergency dispatchers anyway? The fire will eventually burn out, the dudes breaking into a home with eventually leave. In the meantime you aren't doing what you love? And if you love being a dispatcher, you are a fool. We should all just stand around beating tambourines drawing pictures and shit. Boy that sounds like a blast.

That's some Jaden Smith level insight.

Would love to Hang out with Joe....he thinks like me....

I'm sorry, but, what is it you do for a living? And where can I post on the forums about it because I'd love to go complain about how you don't make enough money despite purposefully choosing that career over others.

In addition you've lost something in translation. He's talking about where we've come from, not where we're going. And he's making the suggestion, rightfully so, that maybe we've also like yourself lost something in the translation. That in this pursuit of mass industrialization we're losing apart of our humanity, and even destroying our health, the environment and potential future of all species by some of the drastic and uneducated decisions we're making now in regards to fossil fuels, industrial expansion and a foreign policy that is bound to the financial and resource based interests of what I mentioned just now.

In the last hundred years humanity has been at war with themselves like never before. We've even split the atom and dropped a literal star on our fellow species in the last half century.

Nah, everything is great. Fuck Joe Rogan and his weird hippy attitude! Everyone turn a blind eye! The forests will grow back, people will depopulate, oil lasts forever and I fucking love my new car!

WOOOOO!!!!!

EDIT: Someone quote and disagree with this post please.

Last edited:
They aren't. Not even close. But these are morons we're talking about here. The very same people that get off work and bitch about their jobs, bills and other monthly costs. These are the very same people who complain about being held back, or not getting what they deserve.

And when Joe Rogan comes out and agrees with them and says this is why they are unhappy they all pick up torches and head to his house because he's wealthier and happier even though he's echoing the exact same thing as they do.

This is about the fourth post on this thread that is spot on. All by the same person. I'm only at page 6, but it blows me away how bad everyone is missing the point.

If you put hours and hours of unedited footage of yourself talking with various people out on the internet, invariably a healthy percentage of everybody who came across it would hate you for it.

The reason I like Joe is that he isn't afraid of that. He's a self-actualized individual who will discuss any subject with anybody, to the best of his ability.

Agreed. People bitch about Joe a lot which is fine but I never understand people who want him gone from commentating just cause of some things he says. He's a color commentator which means he is somewhat suppose to place his own opinion into the broadcast rather than "play-by-play" descriptions. That's Goldberg's job. Often, Rogan has to do that part too which makes his job that much more impressive compared to the average commentator. If anyone needed replaced, it would be Goldberg but I don't care if he stays until he wants to leave.

Joe also thinks that we didn't go to the moon and that during drug trips we communicate with beings from another dimension.

Basically, if Rogan says it and it isn't related to martial arts or healthy eating, my advice is to just ignore him. He thinks his comedy is funny. Says it all.

Stamp of agreement.

Rogan is an entertaining commentator, and some of his political philosophies are on point, in my opinion, but there's little more insipid than a guy who's already made it proclaiming that work is bullshit.

Also, his comedy is atrocious.

Yes. I'll take it. I'm an idiot, Joe Rogan is an idiot. We're confused, we don't understand the world and we're very naive. Economics and free enterprise? What's that? I don't even know what competition means.

In the end though, damn, I love being lucky. I'm super wealthy, I own my own house with a ton of property and somehow I managed to fall into running an international business and traveling for three months out of every year to really weird places where they speak funny languages.

Life is hard for people like myself and Joe. I really don't know how we wake up every morning and look at ourselves in the mirror.
Yeah, you understand how free enterprise and competition work, lol.

that's why you are saying that NFL players need to stop being paid 20 million a year and the sewage workers instead should be paid that much. clearly you have no idea how any of this works

Did you ever think that maybe a lot of people do not give a shit about contributing to the arts?

Did you ever think that some people can actually enjoy their jobs? Of course not, lol.

You're hilarious, everyone in here is laughing at you.

I really made it clear numerous times now (either you can't read, or haven't read) that it's not about the 'arts' and those were just examples. Could be metalsmithing, carpentry, programming, radiology, humanitarian efforts, etc.

It could be anything. Point is is that everyone needs to master a craft and be working on the excellence of others.

Back