Joe Rogan: Society Is A Trap And Work Is Meaningless

And you're left with empty, desperate accusations.

"He's lucky!"

And I'll assume this goes into your victim complex next?

"I'm not lucky!"

Enjoy flipping burgers.

Haha what? Did I complain about my own lot in life? I have no complaints. I'm thinking you must have some issues, if you're aroused to such passions by a stranger on the internet saying Rogan is unfunny. You seriously need a hug.

Joe is essentially correct in what he's saying

The problem is the wheels are already spinning too quickly on this machine

It would take a major global revolution to change things, and that's not happening any time soon. There are still way too many dumb, shortsighted, greedy people in the world.

Hence why if there is intelligent life out there that already knows about us, they probably are keeping their distance while we self destruct.

My question is if everybody is running around doing what they

Pretentious and arrogant.

Fuck him for looking down on people who are trying to make an honest living.

It ain't honest. Because you aren't being true to yourself.

It is mentally and morally injurious to man to do anything in which he does not find pleasure, and many forms of labour are quite pleasureless activities, and should be regarded as such. To sweep a slushy crossing for eight hours, on a day when the east wind is blowing is a disgusting occupation. To sweep it with mental, moral, or physical dignity seems to me to be impossible. To sweep it with joy would be appalling. Man is made for something better than disturbing dirt. All work of that kind should be done by a machine.

-Oscar Wilde

Haha what? Did I complain about my own lot in life? I have no complaints. I'm thinking you must have some issues, if you're aroused to such passions by a stranger on the internet saying Rogan is unfunny. You seriously need a hug.

I never mentioned him being funny / unfunny. Let alone criticized you for saying anything in regards to his humor.

If you had even the slightest comprehension required to have an honest discussion you'd be able to read outright that I was clearly talking about the usage of the word "luck" in your statement and how it's a pandering technique used by talentless hacks to dismiss someone else's talent.

I don't have to. They tell themselves every morning when they look in the mirror and admit they are doing something they hate.

So your advise to them is basically "tune in,turn on,drop out".......I thought we dealt with you dirty hippies back in the 60's and 70's? Looks like we need to break out the fire hoses again and teach you slackers some manners.

They aren't. Not even close. But these are morons we're talking about here. The very same people that get off work and bitch about their jobs, bills and other monthly costs. These are the very same people who complain about being held back, or not getting what they deserve.

Wow, could you be any more smug?

I never mentioned him being funny / unfunny. Let alone criticized you for saying anything in regards to his humor.

If you had even the slightest comprehension required to have an honest discussion you'd be able to read outright that I was clearly talking about the usage of the word "luck" in your statement and how it's a pandering technique used by talentless hacks to dismiss someone else's talent.

See, such emotions, for an off the cuff comment of a stranger on the internet. If you had any meaningful personal relationships in your life, obviously you wouldn't get so worked up over such meaningless things. Hopefully things will work out for you in the future.

So your advise to them is basically "tune in,turn on,drop out".......I thought we dealt with you dirty hippies back in the 60's and 70's? Looks like we need to break out the fire hoses again and teach you slackers some manners.

This kid.... :icon_lol:

You strike me as someone who pre-washes my car when I pull up to Brown Bear.

Easy answer to this: Make those jobs extremely desirable with immense payouts.

Stop paying foot ball players and morons on television 20 million a year and make jobs in education, healthcare and environment be the real rockstars of our society.

You've got all the answers don't you pal? Patronizing hard working folks with your hippie BS.

I agree. Workin ain't living. We have all this technology now, and still work 5 days a week. We are like bees, who just mindlessly produce. But what are we producing? Whatever the market demands. Supposedly. It is a hive mind. We are lead around by the desires of other people.

Time is all there is. Time is growth. Time is change. And time is money.

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said:

“Man.

Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

Work can be very rewarding. I'm a software engineer and staff scientist for a research institution. We study the lithosphere, mainly doing seismology. I get to be part of increasing the sum of human knowledge. I get to travel the world, meet interesting people and do awesome science. I just got back from Botswana, along with using active source seismology to map the crust of the earth at the okavango rift I also got to get with 15 feet of a pride of lions in the wild!

16218250072_0027ae4afb_o_copy.jpg

16033266847_3fec1809ea_o.jpg

In short... working fucking rocks.

Rest of the pics here.

See, such emotions, for an off the cuff comment of a stranger on the internet. If you had any meaningful personal relationships in your life, obviously you wouldn't get so worked up over such meaningless things. Hopefully things will work out for you in the future.

I mean, no offense again, but I'm not trying to play armchair psychiatrist with you. The fact you're willing to analyze someone you've never met all whilst pretending it's them with emotional issues....Is a tad crazy.

End of the day though I'd say it again, you're full of shit. Morons like yourselves want to paint Joe (or others of his ilk) as "lucky" because it allows you to feel better about your shittier lives that lack in anything resembling success.

why would i want to work and make money? psh

Because for most people, capitalism is a system of slavery.
People get paid just enough so they have to take out expensive loans to buy car/house and reach a barely satisfying standard of living, with their heads barely above water.

I dont understand what his point is. What he does for a living: commentary in the UFC and doing standup is work. He is a cog in a machine, just like everybody else. Everybody is working so they can have money & have fun & do things they are passionate about. If that is a trap, what is outside of that? if we didnt work what else would we be doing? the same shit we do for fun anyways.

43493899.jpg

Nothing worse than a bunch of lazy simple-minded stoners sitting around mumbling on about how things ought to be.

The good news is these morons don't get out much and have little influence on anything.

Before any sort of real "change" happens in our modern society, it will collapse. Only when we rise again from the ashes will any major changes to how we fundamentally live our lives and how our society functions as a whole.

Look at previous civilizations on our world, the main example being ROME. After they fell their ways were lost and new ones were developed over time. Who knows what the future holds, the only certainty is it will be a whole new society with different rules.

Back