Joe Rogan: Society Is A Trap And Work Is Meaningless

Its all meaningless, simply have as much fun as you can for 70-80 yrs!

my hatred for rogan grows. really love that this freak represents the ufc and mma though... :rolleyes:

the evil machine and contributing doesn't go hand in hand. contributing should always be a byproduct, not the incentive. too big of a society to mold it like it was is the stone age.

instead, people are pushed for a certain path when they're too young to understand any better. and that path, even if it sucks, becomes a routine, which is common. that's the real problem, hurry when you don't know anything instead of carefully examining options.

my hatred for rogan grows. really love that this freak represents the ufc and mma though... :rolleyes:

You mad he exposed your life as mechanical?

"When there is freedom from mechanical conditioning, there is simplicity. The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow

Rogan just takes things said by smarter people (Terence McKenna, Bill Hicks etc...) and says it in a slightly different way and his groupies think he's some kind of sage.

Well in the days of hunter-gatherers, if you didn't want to hunt nor gather, you wanted to starve to death or/and be banished from your community.

I agree. Workin ain't living. We have all this technology now, and still work 5 days a week. We are like bees, who just mindlessly produce. But what are we producing? Whatever the market demands. Supposedly. It is a hive mind. We are lead around by the desires of other people.

Time is all there is. Time is growth. Time is change. And time is money.

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said:

It's easy to say when you're sitting on millions

Don't be an idiot.

I'm self employed now in my thirties after years, and years of hard work in a career that I picked because it was right in line with my passion and creativity.

Don't blame Joe or anyone else if you (and the masses) wasted your lives working shit jobs, accumulating debt in schools and partying when you could have been developing crafts, skills and the networks required to become a successful self employed entrepreneur.

No one holds anyone back more than themselves. If you don't know what you want to be, why you want to be it, let alone how to be it you need to wake up tomorrow and start to beat your head against the wall until the answers to those questions become clear.

Joe is 100% right. People don't have to choose failed lives, failed careers. You don't have to listen to shitty music, do drugs or commit crimes either. In fact, if you want to go out right now and become the best guitarist the world has ever seen, the best painter, the best writer, etc. Whatever it is. Nothing is stopping you. It doesn't take money to even get through these doors and if the initial fee does have $$ stamp on it it's not going to be much.

Buy a guitar, a pencil, camera or canvas and start shaping your life.

You mad he exposed your life as mechanical?

-Bruce Lee

So my lifes mechanical because a couple of jerk-offs like you and Rogan say so? Go save the world someplace else you "soon to be in a cult" ant-American slacker.

So says the guy with 4 different jobs in order to pay for his stupid shit.

It's a trap!!!!

aTyri.gif

QWOP! Best game ever!

Ok, its actually kinda maddening, but this kid is nailing it

i can just imagine all the losers on wellfare listening to his stupid shit "hell yeah... rogan is fucking awesome. society sucks man!"

I dont understand what his point is. What he does for a living: commentary in the UFC and doing standup is work. He is a cog in a machine, just like everybody else. Everybody is working so they can have money & have fun & do things they are passionate about. If that is a trap, what is outside of that? if we didnt work what else would we be doing? the same shit we do for fun anyways.

To a certain extent, I live by the same logic.

What is life?

To me, life you get one shot, so you might as well spending it being happy.

That doesn't mean DONT WORK or anything, yes work, but don't invest in "success" as an ultimate goal cause once your there, so what? You get a little extra $

$ in the end don't buy happiness. While it is needed, you don't NEED ALOT of it to be happy and survive and live a good life.

I have a decent job, it doesn't pay a ton but I LOVE WORKING IT. I much rather make less $$ doing something I love than more money doing something I hate, because thats YOUR LIFE!

Live it happy. To your own standards. Everything else doesn't matter in the end, fundamentally.

i can just imagine all the losers on wellfare listening to his stupid shit "hell yeah... rogan is fucking awesome. society sucks man!"

It's ironically the people on welfare who're saying Rogan sucks.

The people who're rich, self employed, sitting on financial empires all agree. The others are morons who work inside the very heart of the rat race. You get opinions and world views like Rogan's when you've toppled your respective industry and can afford an honest outlook on your wealth, society and work in general.

When you have it you realize how little it's worth, let alone, what life you lost in order to obtain it.

...also he uses an example of a very talented artist friend of his. Many people just don't have such talents. It seems to me he got very lucky because his stand-up isn't even good and his character wasn't necessary on News Radio.

Back