Joe Rogan: Society Is A Trap And Work Is Meaningless

...also he uses an example of a very talented artist friend of his. Many people just don't have such talents. It seems to me he got very lucky because his stand-up isn't even good and his character wasn't necessary on News Radio.

So you think his friend was born holding a brush? That his friend was just, well, gifted these extremely passionate gifts of his?

How can you people be this dense. I don't understand it. I'm literally watching light bend around you.

His friend is talented because he found a craft and worked for it, started to contribute, found a passion and creative outlet that allowed him not only financial gain but also allowed him to contribute socially through art and community.

I swear to God 90% of the people on Sherdog are younger than fifteen or don't have any type of matter in their skulls that resembles a brain.

I believe in this way of thinking.

We can't all be lucky as Rogan. Dude somehow got paid as a stand-up comedian despite not being funny at all.

i never realized sherdog had this many republicans

Do what you enjoy sounds nice, but the problem is a lot of enjoyable activities don't pay money. At the end of the day work is still work and we have to do it to live.

We can't all be lucky as Rogan. Dude somehow got paid as a stand-up comedian despite not being funny at all.

And you're left with empty, desperate accusations.

"He's lucky!"

And I'll assume this goes into your victim complex next?

"I'm not lucky!"

Enjoy flipping burgers.

Don't be an idiot.

I'm self employed now in my thirties after years, and years of hard work in a career that I picked because it was right in line with my passion and creativity.

Don't blame Joe or anyone else if you (and the masses) wasted your lives working shit jobs, accumulating debt in schools and partying when you could have been developing crafts, skills and the networks required to become a successful self employed entrepreneur.

No one holds anyone back more than themselves. If you don't know what you want to be, why you want to be it, let alone how to be it you need to wake up tomorrow and start to beat your head against the wall until the answers to those questions become clear.

Joe is 100% right. People don't have to choose failed lives, failed careers. You don't have to listen to shitty music, do drugs or commit crimes either. In fact, if you want to go out right now and become the best guitarist the world has ever seen, the best painter, the best writer, etc. Whatever it is. Nothing is stopping you. It doesn't take money to even get through these doors and if the initial fee does have $$ stamp on it it's not going to be much.

Christ on a cross.....What a buncha BS. This post is so sanctimonious it me want to vomit. Who the fuck are you to tell folks their lives are shit if they work in a career they don't love?

Buy a guitar, a pencil, camera or canvas and start shaping your life.

Hey Doctor Phil, this country was built on grit and hard work. Not guitars and canvasses. I like hunting arrowheads, do you think if I brought one to McDonald's I could get a cheeseburger in trade? Fuck off.

It's ironically the people on welfare who're saying Rogan sucks.

The people who're rich, self employed, sitting on financial empires all agree. The others are morons who work inside the very heart of the rat race. You get opinions and world views like Rogan's when you've toppled your respective industry and can afford an honest outlook on your wealth, society and work in general.

When you have it you realize how little it's worth, let alone, what life you lost in order to obtain it.

Damn i think you

Pretentious and arrogant.

Fuck him for looking down on people who are trying to make an honest living.

Who the fuck are you to tell folks their lives are shit if they work in a career they don't love?

I don't have to. They tell themselves every morning when they look in the mirror and admit they are doing something they hate.

Hey Doctor Phil, this country was built on grit and hard work. Not guitars and canvasses.

Yikes.... :D

Says the guy who has millions

This is what I was thinking through the whole video.

Soooo if you work in an office or food service then you automatically have a shit job that you hate, nobody at work cares about you, you don't contribute to society in any positive way, your life is a waste and you're depressed. America is the only country with shit jobs cuz apparrently other cultures have the perfect system of "no shit jobs" and everyone loves what they do for a living.

Ok Joe...

Look

If you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it?
Or just let it slip?

Yo

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already: mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs but he keeps on forgetting
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth but the words won't come out
He's choking, how? Everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over - BLAO!
Snap back to reality
OH, there goes gravity
OH there goes Rabbit, he choked, he's so mad but he won't
Give up that easy nope, he won't have it, he knows
His whole back's to these ropes, it don't matter, he's dope
He knows that, but he's broke, he's so stagnant, he knows
When he goes back to this mobile home that's when it's
Back to the lab again, yo, this whole rhapsody
He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo

This guy also lived by the same rules.... to the extreme...

Unabomber.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

Joe also thinks that we didn't go to the moon and that during drug trips we communicate with beings from another dimension.

Basically, if Rogan says it and it isn't related to martial arts or healthy eating, my advice is to just ignore him. He thinks his comedy is funny. Says it all.

This. +1

Joe is essentially correct in what he's saying

The problem is the wheels are already spinning too quickly on this machine

It would take a major global revolution to change things, and that's not happening any time soon. There are still way too many dumb, shortsighted, greedy people in the world.

Look

If you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it?
Or just let it slip?

Yo

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already: mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs but he keeps on forgetting
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth but the words won't come out
He's choking, how? Everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over - BLAO!
Snap back to reality
OH, there goes gravity
OH there goes Rabbit, he choked, he's so mad but he won't
Give up that easy nope, he won't have it, he knows
His whole back's to these ropes, it don't matter, he's dope
He knows that, but he's broke, he's so stagnant, he knows
When he goes back to this mobile home that's when it's
Back to the lab again, yo, this whole rhapsody
He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow