International Joe Biden is expected to shift back to a more "conventional" US stance and re-engage with Iran

nothing better than trying to be buddy buddy with people who want you dead

200428-kim-jong-un-mc-10012_0df88a839ef9b00d75cd29fd0ff0d71b.fit-2000w.JPG

I think so. The whole Islamic threat is totally exaggerated compared to real existential threats. Like Russia, China, and others who can kill billions in 30 seconds and can threaten our global hegemony in international law - trade - dollar - IP and patent understanding etc. I look forward to Bidens National Security team who does not have the Christian Zionists aboard like Trumps

Thats about the only thing I look forward to with Biden/Harris.

Last edited:
Now do under Obama
Yeah, vastly superior handling of Iran. Fucked up in Syria, but I struggle to see Trump ha ing handled Syria better at that time given how many screw ups he's made in easier situations.

Can we finally get an isolationist in the White House? Christ, I'm sick of us wasting money and resources in the Middle East.

Trumps "impulses" made him the greatest peacemaker President this world has ever seen. And as for the so called "conventional" stance I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean since we have had an antagonistic stance toward them since the late 70s with lots of sanctions. I'm guessing the goal posts have moved here and Obamas stupidity is now what passes as a conventional US stance on Iran.

Of course not, why do you think the ME behaved the last 4 years?

Are you smoking crack? By that logic ME will behave for 4 more years with Biden having the same policy towards Iran as Trump.

And last time I checked, ME was still a cesspool of violence - Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Turkey are still war mongering shitholes.

+ Trump had no problems selling arms to shithole Saudi Arabia which keeps bombing Yemen into the stone age.

Didn't Iran send out spam emails trying to create fear in voters a week before the election?

Isn't that election interference?

Why are they being rewarded for election interference?

Are you smoking crack? By that logic ME will behave for 4 more years with Biden having the same policy towards Iran as Trump.

And last time I checked, ME was still a cesspool of violence - Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Turkey are still war mongering shitholes.

+ Trump had no problems selling arms to shithole Saudi Arabia which keeps bombing Yemen into the stone age.

Of Course it’s a cesspool of violence. The difference is, during the Obama administration it was spilling over into Europe and elsewhere. At one point there was a major terrorist attack once every three weeks.

The middle east only understands force, Trump showed them, they coward.

Of Course it’s a cesspool of violence. The difference is, during the Obama administration it was spilling over into Europe and elsewhere. At one point there was a major terrorist attack once every three weeks.

Whoever is in the White House will always suck up to Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and other Gulf Arab nations those real terror sponsors. Iran is not a terror sponsor and the White House once again will only bully Iran while sucking up to Saudi Arabia and this turn China as well.

lol at "conventional"

You are right to scoff at the idea that that would be "conventional", Obama was the one being unconventional by reaching out to Iran while Trump is the one who took the conventional stance of demonizing them at every turn and assassinating their key figures. Trump did escalate much further than most presidents by killing Soleimaini but again that's a difference in degree, not kind
They almost came right out and called Biden’s foreign policy predictable. And somehow, in progressives minds, that a good thing.
Uh yes, not making massive decisions on a whim like Trump did is kind of a good thing.
Problem with re-engaging Iran is that it provokes Israel and Saudi Arabia. Justifiably or not, they begin to feel prompted to act individually against Iran's interests, which ultimately causes more damage to the region's stability, than by having the United States absorb all the impact of such decisions.

The U.S. ought to have some sort of a plan in place to avoid the adverse consequences of Israeli/Saudi insecurity.

Not apologizing for those states or their mind-set, but it's just a matter of fact that they'll take matters into their own hands, if America starts making deals with Iran. Attempts at sabotage, funding insurrections, and taking the other state's citizens as hostages, will be inevitable. Anything to gain an advantage in a situation which is no longer clearly a matter of "Israel/Saudis good, Iran bad".
They already started doing that, hence the peace deals and normalizing of relations. A lot of that started under Obama. I'm sure they enjoyed Trump winding the clock back but it seems like they're hedging their bets and acting as if another Obama is right around the corner and based off this story Biden could very well be like that.

I think we're betting off playing off both sides against each other rather than merely giving carte blanche to the Israel/GCC/Egypt coalition.

People like you supported irak invasion and created isis.

Nobody cowards, dumbass, you just created the new generation of terrorists, you just don't know it yet.
Keep thinking like the fake alpha male you pretend you are "the middle east only understand force", it will come back to kick you in the ass like every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back